Pick 4 on the table?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ralph is a dumb ****. Why would they trade pick 4 to avoid it getting absorbed by bids to bring in two other picks that will get absorbed by bids?

They'll want significant 2024 selection/s.
Without the points for pick 4 Gold Coast have about 2500 points and based on PMBangers phantom they would need about 4800 points.

That's a pretty significant deficit.

Then theres also the issue of creating enough list spots to use all their picks.

I know there's every chance the bids come later than they are in the phantom and Gold Coast might also be able to move a few players for more points but I still think they need to use pick 4 to bring in a significant amount of points this year.

Suns imo are going to need an F1 and points in the 2nd round

Dons F1 and 26
Freos F1 and pick 21
Crows F1 and 20 or 23

Would be high on the radar
Those are the most likely but I'm not sure that's enough for GC. Any of those teams could have a good year and have that pick push outside the top 10. And if they lose Hollands they might not need extra points this year.

Perhaps a team with a slightly lower pick would be interested in upgrading and then doing a trade like this.

Eg if Geelong were interested something like:

Gold Coast
In - FR1 (Geelong), FR1 (Adelaide)
Out - 4, FR2

Adelaide
In - 7
Out - FR1, 23

Geelong
In - 4, 23, FR2 (Gold Coast)
Out - 7, FR1

Those are the most likely but I'm not sure that's enough for GC. Any of those teams could have a good year and have that pick push outside the top 10. And if they lose Hollands they might not need extra points this year.

Perhaps a team with a slightly lower pick would be interested in upgrading and then doing a trade like this.

Gold Coast
Out - 4, FR2

Adelaide
In - 7
Out - FR1, 23

Geelong
Out - 7, FR1
Hawks could be the one that ticks over the edge for suns if they have the points sorted with players traded

Would Hawks do F1 and there 2nd for Suns pick 5, probably if they really like someone there

Probably means getting N.Watson if they like him added to their Mckercher/Duursma pickup

Without the points for pick 4 Gold Coast have about 2500 points and based on PMBangers phantom they would need about 4800 points.

Then theres also the issue of creating enough list spots to use all their picks.

I know there's every chance the bids come later than they are in the phantom and Gold Coast might also be able to move a few players for more points but I still think they need to use pick 4 to bring in a significant amount of points this year.
Feel free to stick your stake in the ground that they'll trade it for all 2023 picks if you want. I've got all my money on there being a significant 2024/player component to it.

Feel free to stick your stake in the ground that they'll trade it for all 2023 picks if you want. I've got all my money on there being a significant 2024/player component to it.
If GC dont have two firsts heading into next year it is a complete and utter fail IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, GC only have 2000 points left if they trade pick 4 for only future picks. And that 2000 points is spread across 7 picks, which they may not be able use all of.

The only way they trade 4 for purely future picks imo is if they separately acquire later firsts and seconds this year.

Other than that, I can’t see them trading down this year much further than a pick in the teens, which will keep them around 3000 points. They might be able to get there by trading down multiple times and acquiring some future picks along the way.

Gold Coast
Out - 4, FR2

Adelaide
In - 7
Out - FR1, 23

Geelong
Out - 7, FR1
So Adelaide gives up a Future 1st and Pick 23 to get Pick 7 when we can give GC a Future First + Pick 20 + Pick 23 for Pick 4

No need for Geelong to be in this trade. Also this trade favors Geelong.

Yep, GC only have 2000 points left if they trade pick 4 for only future picks. And that 2000 points is spread across 7 picks, which they may not be able use all of.

The only way they trade 4 for purely future picks imo is if they separately acquire later firsts and seconds this year.

Other than that, I can’t see them trading down this year much further than a pick in the teens, which will keep them around 3000 points. They might be able to get there by trading down multiple times and acquiring some future picks along the way.
After trading g pick 4 we should have about 2400 points. However if Chol and Hollands are traded ( both contracted) we some get a nice bump.

Personally I’m hoping for a gun player and a 2nd rounder coming back to us for pick 4

Hawks could be the one that ticks over the edge for suns if they have the points sorted with players traded

Would Hawks do F1 and there 2nd for Suns pick 5, probably if they really like someone there

Probably means getting N.Watson if they like him added to their Mckercher/Duursma pickup
The thing is if Hawthorn get a bad luck of injuries next season, they will definitely be bottom 4 again (maybe lower) next season

It's too risky for them to offer up their future 1st unless they know they were getting a proven/established young talent like Noah Anderson imo.

The thing is if Hawthorn get a bad luck of injuries next season, they will definitely be bottom 4 again (maybe lower) next season

It's too risky for them to offer up their future 1st unless they know they were getting a proven/established young talent like Noah Anderson imo.
How did you come up with Noah?

Wash your mouth out, Surely you’re not talking about b&f winning Noah Anderson!!!

The hawks could offer 3 x first rounders and I wouldn’t even pick up the phone

So Adelaide gives up a Future 1st and Pick 23 to get Pick 7 when we can give GC a Future First + Pick 20 + Pick 23 for Pick 4

No need for Geelong to be in this trade. Also this trade favors Geelong.
Why would GC want a pick in the 20s instead of Geelong's future first?

I'm not sure the trade favours Geelong that much.

Depends on how each team finish but if Geelong and GC both miss the 8 again it'll be something like 7 + 8 for 4, 22 and 25. Which looks if anything weighted to Gold Coast.

But the point stands. I don't see why GC would do 4 for a future first and a pick in the 20s when they should be able to get significantly more than that.

Why would GC want a pick in the 20s instead of Geelong's future first?

I'm not sure the trade favours Geelong that much.

Depends on how each team finish but if Geelong and GC both miss the 8 again it'll be something like 7 + 8 for 4, 22 and 25. Which looks if anything weighted to Gold Coast.

But the point stands. I don't see why GC would do 4 for a future first and a pick in the 20s when they should be able to get significantly more than that.
GC need points for thier 3 academy players likely to go first round, go giving Pick 4 for no points this draft would be unwise (even if they trade out Hollands etc)

I think aboout 2000 points in 2023 plus a 2024r1 with a 2024r2 going back is what they get.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back