List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

I know you like Reid but that's as close to a godfather deal as it gets. Assuming we rate McKercher over Curtin then I'd take that deal every day of the week. I'm not convinced we'd need to give up two picks in 2024 either.

Unadjusted for other moves this is:

IN:
2023: 2,14,19
2024: 19 & 20

OUT:
2023: 1,39
2024: Pick 21 & 39.

2023 Draft: 2, 14, 19, 20, 36, 39, 55
2024 Draft: 1, 19, 20, 55
I ll take it

I know you like Reid but that's as close to a godfather deal as it gets. Assuming we rate McKercher over Curtin then I'd take that deal every day of the week. I'm not convinced we'd need to give up two picks in 2024 either.

Unadjusted for other moves this is:

IN:
2023: 2,14,19
2024: 19 & 20

OUT:
2023: 1,39
2024: Pick 21 & 39.

2023 Draft: 2, 14, 19, 20, 36, 39, 55
2024 Draft: 1, 19, 20, 55
Definitely the sort of deal that I can get around. At 14 you are really hoping that Murphy slides a bit but it isn't completely out of the question that he is there based on the phantom guides.

Definitely the sort of deal that I can get around. At 14 you are really hoping that Murphy slides a bit but it isn't completely out of the question that he is there based on the phantom guides.

Except 14 will become like pick 20 won't it after academy and priority picks?

Could be wrong

Perfect time to take on such a contract before our yoof start getting negotiating higher salaries.
We don't need Haynes. Not worth it for pick 20 IMO unless.......

We could trade McGovern and his salary for 2 years to Carlton for their future 1st .
They have 2 x camperialli father sons next year both could be first rounders .
They also need a 2nd quality key back to complement weitering who is an excellent stopper. Also gov plays with his brother and has a crack at another flag

This is selling salary for picks in 2 ways one paying a player to play at another team for a good pick

Other being taking on a salary for a good pick

Not sure why Swans want him, but tough nut who can take some heat of Ginbey, Hewett, and Reid would work for us. He's past his best, but could do a job for us.
Didn't Swans get rid of Mitchell and now he's the type of player they need to get it to the outside for players like Warner, Gulden etc who have the pace. Poor planning by Swans.

I'm not saying the comparison is accurate but a Cam Rayner type would be a disaster at this point in our rebuild -especially if there are any doubts on long term commitment.

We don't have enough midfield support to carry a player who gets gassed constantly. Hewett is young and not the fittest, Chesser the same and a general question mark.

Rayner, was a highly rated pick 1 but had done * all after three years. What do you think the Lions would have got if he went to water and asked for a trade home then?

If Reid actually lacks a tank and he'll be on the slow track to a full time midfielder it's definitely something we'll be thinking about at this stage in our rebuild.

There's always next year, but I'd love a Reid + McKercher/Sanders.
Most people have suggested reid start in the forward line or backline anyway so shouldn't be too hard for reid in the beginning

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is why I hate the vAFL media and they don't even try to hide their bias

Player leaving Victoria

Tyler brockman pick 42 national draft averaging 10 touches 3 marks 2 tackles 0.9 goals a game
20231006_142018.jpg

Player going to Victorian team

Liam Henry pick 9 national draft
Averaging 20 touches 5 marks 3 tackles
20231006_141758.jpg

so hawks board reckons it will take F 1st, pick 3, Brockman and Granger-Barras

so effectively F1 + pick 3. Brockman is stake knives in being dropped by hawks and dodgy shoulders plus Granger-Barras doesn't have stamina for AFL. lovely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Logan Morris - I'll talk about him again. Sure, he's no giant and is around Jack Darling height (191-192 currently). already 90kgs.
Look at these hands, good body work and seems to have a good football brain.
Nice kick too...I think he'll be a B22 minimum and ceiling well. (He does a lot of Curnow type things)

Please have a look peeps

Should go first round based on the year he has had

Not interested in wasting time over Brockman negotiations, if that early second round ask is legit (even just as a negotiation tactic) just walk him to the PSD and be done with it.

A late 50s pick should be done in the first ten minutes of the trade period.

And anyone even contemplating trading Pick 1 can go do one. The media hype train is enough to make me want to vomit.

Didn't Swans get rid of Mitchell and now he's the type of player they need to get it to the outside for players like Warner, Gulden etc who have the pace. Poor planning by Swans.
Mitchell is a possession monkey whereas Adams is more the Redden type. Swans think they can win a flag in the next 2 years. I don't think they can, but they're right in pulling out all stops. But saying that, offering Nauts 10 years is silly. Adams? He's past his best and on his last legs. I'm not sure he's their guy either. They need a Taranto/Coneejio type. They sure could use Dawso right now. They should be looking at Paddy Dow who is a Mitchell type.

so hawks board reckons it will take F 1st, pick 3, Brockman and Granger-Barras

so effectively F1 + pick 3. Brockman is stake knives in being dropped by hawks and dodgy shoulders plus Granger-Barras doesn't have stamina for AFL. lovely.
Hawks fans don't realise that adding Granger-Barrass makes the deal worse

The blokes a massive upgrade on what we have but wtf have we offered him??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Comparisons are pretty spot on except Raynor kicked a lot more goals as a jr compared to Reid playing a very similar role.

Petracca was another level above and he still struggled for endurance for years.

So that's about where Reid should get to RaynerI actually see him being a better forward than mid which isn't a bad outcome at all if he can pinch hit and still kick 40 goals a year.

All this generational talk is rubbish IMO
Raynor kicked 100 goals in a season as a junior?

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back