List Mgmt. Welcome Archer Reid (Pick 30, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think theres merit behind the idea of him becoming a fullback at AFL level.

He reads the play well and is good at going back with the flight of the ball and taking pack marks.

Perhaps we're hedging our bets on H.Edwards just as much as we are with J.Williams.

Clay Hall and Coen Livingstone aren't West Coast's only players with VFL/AFL relo's.

Archer's is right here.

Brother, Zach Reid. (Essendon.)
Grandfather, Peter McRae. (Footscray.)
Great-uncle, Frank McRae. (Footscray.)
Great-uncle, Colin McRae. (Fitzroy.) (Peter, Frank and Colin are/were brothers.)
1st cousin 1x removed, Dean McRae. (North Melbourne, Sydney.) (Son of Colin.)

Oldest brother Kyle was in the same draft pool as O'Neill, Foley, B. Williams, H. Edwards and Cameron but wasn't picked up.

He looks happy, excited, keen.

Perfect.

Good thing we only draft WA players.

National Draft

2022 Draft:
2 - WA
1 - SA
2 - VIC Cty

2023 Draft :
2 - VIC Cty
1- WA
1 - VIC Metro

Mid Season Draft.
2022 - VIC CTY

2023 - VIC CTY

So confirmation that we only draft kids from WA, gee those VIC media guys are on the money …………… or maybe 🤔 not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Size is good :eyes: unless you're a Josh Schache type that sleeps with the light on and takes a bottle before bed :babybottle:

Don't mind this pick. Generally i tend to get around the high risk high reward selections the club makes and this one doesn't disappoint. Could be a bust, could be better than Judd.

So what if we've also added Livingston. One of them is a highly rated raw KPF that a lot of clubs were eyeing off, the other didn't get drafted and was added to our list for free via NGA. Completely different. 2 developing KPF's that play differently is fine with me.

Big year for Jack Williams coming up now he's got these two behind him and Bayley also playing a similar role.

I didn't realise how young he is (only turned 18 in September); wonder if he's got any growth left in him.

Well his older brother was drafted in 2020 as a KPD at 202 cm, he is now, three years latter, 205 cm so that suggests that it's not unreasonable to think that he does have some growth left in him.

He is very raw and as I have mentioned several times previously, he best is very good, his consistency is what I question and in fairness that is something that can be improved.

He is already 94 kg and looks so skinny, a few years in the program and I think we will be looking like a huge player.
Let's keep his height the same, for the purpose of this exercise, so then he may well project out to, a 203 cm 104 kg KPF.

Now that takes a special KPD to be able to quell that sort of opponent.

Two things that Archer does particularly well already are:

1. With his huge leap and long arms, he marks the ball at the highest point in a contested situation.
2. He is quick off the lead and his forward leading craft is elite.

We just need to get him, believing in himself and his not inconsiderable natural ability, if he can do that and find some consistency then we will have one heck of a footballer on our list.

Hedwards is also another who's height seems to mean * all.

Remember he grew 100cm's over a pre season that one time and suddenly he went from someone apparently who played mid and had good skills to tall dopey slow AF KPP? Still doesn't make him AFL quality or any less of a potato.

The King twins, dopey Joe Daniher and funnily enough Archer Reid's brother Zac are some of the few 200cm players that actually still look like they have some agility and don't turn like Ash Hansen.

Hedwards is also another who's height seems to mean * all.

Remember he grew 100cm's over a pre season that one time and suddenly he went from someone apparently who played mid and had good skills to tall dopey slow AF KPP? Still doesn't make him AFL quality or any less of a potato.

The King twins, dopey Joe Daniher and funnily enough Archer Reid's brother Zac are some of the few 200cm players that actually still look like they have some agility and don't turn like Ash Hansen.
When Hedwards arrived he was seen as quite athletic - I remember Schofield saying on his podcast he was super impressed with how he moved and read the play. Think most supporters agreed. Since year 2 or so, he's just seemed to have turned into someone with the mobility of a log of wood.

Reid is more of the new age forward type. I think he'll always be pretty athletic, sounds like his confidence and intent is where it will be won and lost for him. Well worth a shot at pick 30.

When Hedwards arrived he was seen as quite athletic - I remembers Schofield saying on his podcast he was super impressed with how he moved and read the play. Since year 2, he's just seemed to have turned into someone with the mobility of a log of wood.

Yep.

When Hedwards arrived he was seen as quite athletic - I remember Schofield saying on his podcast he was super impressed with how he moved and read the play. Think most supporters agreed. Since year 2 or so, he's just seemed to have turned into someone with the mobility of a log of wood.
Having constant groin issues will probably contribute to that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back