List Mgmt. Welcome Clay Hall (Pick 38, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes I did, I'm now fully finished, things were different this year and I'm officially retired. I will still post a fair bit but it'll just be based on my feelings from seeing a similar amount of juniors as a lot of the watchers here.

Matty Rosa is taking up Dodoro's position and the role I fulfilled will be a full time on the books role from next year.

After Christmas I'll be overseas about 6-8 months of the year.

Yes I did, I'm now fully finished, things were different this year and I'm officially retired. I will still post a fair bit but it'll just be based on my feelings from seeing a similar amount of juniors as a lot of the watchers here.

Matty Rosa is taking up Dodoro's position and the role I fulfilled will be a full time on the books role from next year.

How's Rosa going? Always liked him as a player, seemed a nice bloke.

I noticed you wanted us to pick up Archie Roberts with pick 23 but we went with Archer Reid. Is that the pick you where most disappointed with for WCE that we didn't grab him?

Essendon the team you worked for ended up grabbing Archie at pick 54 so I'm assuming thats quite a nice pickup for Essendon later in the draft & that you rated him a lot higher than that on your draft board.

So what are the feelings like for you when WCE jump ahead and grab Hall? Conflicted?

Argue Golden Retriever GIF

Conflicted feelings!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know if Hall could be playing against Richmond next Sunday?

He’s an outside chance given we need to replace Luke Edwards but I think there’s one or two others in front of him

I reckon the ducks are all lining up for a start for Clay this weekend. Fingers crossed he gets a few kicks, the Eagles win and Simmo doesn't want to change a winning line up for the week after. And in that game in round 6 I hope the Dockers don't take losing two weeks in a row out against the Eagles 18 year olds.

I reckon the ducks are all lining up for a start for Clay this weekend. Fingers crossed he gets a few kicks, the Eagles win and Simmo doesn't want to change a winning line up for the week after. And in that game in round 6 I hope the Dockers don't take losing two weeks in a row out against the Eagles 18 year olds.
Tassie supporter hey? Stay away from Clay, he’s ours!

The ducks I saw lining up were Gaff, Witherden and Brockman who came in sidelining Hall for another week. If it wasn't for Yeo's illegal sling tackle that nearly broke his leg in pre season, Hall would be running around with Kelly, Reid and Hunt which would be the makings of a good team. Just have to find someone to kick some goals and someone good in the backline who's not injured all the time. Another loss coming up against Richmond.

It wasn't a sling tackle, Yeo tried to go down first but the way Hall's leg got trapped it caused them both to go down on an awkward angle.
Looking at the right footage from behind you can see Yeo was not trying to sling tackle.
Commentators and replays of the one angle made it look like a sling, geez they were saying he was concussed at the time which was sooooo wrong.

It wasn't a sling tackle, Yeo tried to go down first but the way Hall's leg got trapped it caused them both to go down on an awkward angle.
Looking at the right footage from behind you can see Yeo was not trying to sling tackle.
Commentators and replays of the one angle made it look like a sling, geez they were saying he was concussed at the time which was sooooo wrong.
I agree he's leg got caught but Hall's head was lucky not to bounce off the ground. I realise Yeo has been working hard in the off season but he didn't need to slam dunk a team mate into the ground.
Then you could come back and say it wasn't a slam dunk, either ;)

I agree he's leg got caught but Hall's head was lucky not to bounce off the ground. I realise Yeo has been working hard in the off season but he didn't need to slam dunk a team mate into the ground.
Then you could come back and say it wasn't a slam dunk, either ;)

Hi Mrs Hall, how's Derek doing these days?

Hi Mrs Hall, how's Derek doing these days?
Thank you very much for asking. He's fine.
You must know a little bit about the Eagles yourself to know they're related.

Derek and I thought Clay would be able to beat the number of games played for the Eagles than his dad, which wasn't a huge number was it. But that doesn't appear to be the case.

I still like watching the boys run around. Have you ever been to one of their games.

From a distance, I really can't tell the difference between the mercurial Jayden Hunt and Clay tbh.
So I just pretend Jayden is Clay out there when he bursts through the midfield spearing a kick up to the forward line only to have it bounce off Darling's rubber chest and the ball then gets taken straight back to our back line and Barrass or Gov drop it.

You may not know, but mercurial means clever, lively and quick and that's my Clay but unfortunately Simmo doesn't see it that way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back