List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

At any point do Gold Coast take into account that they are strengthening other team's lists when they trade to stockpile their shitty picks?

Pathetic system.

They just got 4x R1 players by trading down from pick 4 plus they’ve added two additional R1 picks next year

Doubt they give a ****

And that’s fine but we still didn’t overpay, it didn’t eventuate & here we are
I'm glad, but I'm not giving out gold stars to anyone at the club for it.

Also, how the heck did Melbourne (with their obvious needs), come out of the draft with a very outside midfielder and a small forward and did not address any structural issues? Lol.

Given RB's interview I wouldn't be patting our list management on the back.
They did their best to trade the F1st for Curtin, GWS just wanted to remain in this draft.

No issue if we offered our F1 for Curtin. It was a reasonable path to take

GWS are the losers out of that

I really wish some big time meadia head from WA or wherever would arc up and criticise the AFL, really call them out on how kn stupid and wrong it is that the club that came last has seen what should've been pick 19 pushed back that many places.
Also comment on how utterly stupid and deluded that comment from, was it Sonja Hood?, the comment re the draft from her was actually embarrassing and the type of thing David Brent would've come out with!
There doesn't seem to be one single fwd-pass licker in the current footy media that has the balls to say what we all know.
Sadly will schofield is in podcast land, not a media talking head yet.

I thought draftees have to stay at drafted club for min 3 years?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

They have a 3 year contract

Doesn’t mean they can’t ask to be traded but does mean their club has to agree to any trade (refer Kelly in 2018 for example)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No issue if we offered our F1 for Curtin. It was a reasonable path to take

GWS are the losers out of that
I'm not necessarily saying that the course of action was incorrect.
I was simply responding to the above poster who said "Love that we held it together today and kept our ‘24 F1", which I don't think accurately depicts what we did, based on O'Brien's interview. That is all.

Collard is a Freo supporter so he wont be coming back to us.
tHtfxUlc.jpg%20+%20

To be honest, the trade should of been down last week

WC F1 for Crows 10, 20 and F1 was an easy deal but we left it too late

1 pick in the top 20 is disgraceful

We weren't proactive at all

Picking Ried isn't enough, you can bank on your natural selection anymore

Have to split or bring picks forward

I really hope we're looking to bring forward R2 or R3 tomorrow

How do you know that deal wasn't discussed between the 2 teams. Given Adelaide's pick swap with GWS, I doubt they were going to do anything that would let WC torpedo their desires to get hold of Curtin.

As other have said. Not to fazed about missing out on Collard & Moir.

More so when you consider based on previous drafts that you are down to around a 1 in 4 chance of getting a good player in that draft range.

Hope we can find some late Gold in them Hills like longy tomorrow
Yeah the reality is there is minimal difference in success rate between pick 22 and 30.

I'm glad, but I'm not giving out gold stars to anyone at the club for it.

Also, how the heck did Melbourne (with their obvious needs), come out of the draft with a very outside midfielder and a small forward and did not address any structural issues? Lol.

Agree totally with that. How do clubs in the window not just top up with more ready mades to fill needs asap. You have very little chance to be in a genuine window and that is a club that was on the outer for so long but has taken for granted since their flag that it won’t last forever.

Horribly run, and coached club imo, especially for all the talent on their list. Making a mess of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back