AFL Player #31: Zach Reid - Hamstring - 4 to 6 weeks - 19/3

Remove this Banner Ad

How did he play ? He's the real game changer in our back line allowing Ridley to play interceptor king
I heard he went okay. If his body holds up it looks like we got one special player on our hands. I don’t care if I’m crowing early.

How did he play ? He's the real game changer in our back line allowing Ridley to play interceptor king
Not many possessions but no issues defending. Only played a half.

He was surprisingly physical. It wasn't even the start of a statement match but there was something satisfying about his physical play. He looked comfortable and was a solid defensively.

It was appearance 1 of what is hopefully the end of a 24 month physical rebuild.

We've seen players in that position look awful physically and stuck in the protective shell of uncertainty. Reid looked the opposite.

There was one bit of play I loved where he cannoned into the back of a pack and fisted the ball away. Haven’t really seen that kind of physicality from him.

My concern is how laconic he is, does he have that desperation/competitiveness to lock down a spot? Hopefully we find out this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a bigger, stronger version of the player he was on debut, it’s a shame the injuries have delayed what should have been a nice, linear progression.

Safe as houses, and let’s not forget he’s ****ing massive too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back