AFL Player #31: Zach Reid - Hamstring - 4 to 6 weeks - 19/3

Remove this Banner Ad

He needs to come back through the two’s and earn senior games. Up until he got injured he was very ordinary. That sort of performance was not worthy of a senior
player.

Wonder if going to "Healing Hans" would be an option and appropriate for what he has. I trust Scott with this stuff to search far and wide for the best course of action.

I'm not buying into the doom and gloom. I feel like it's a good sign that it's a minor strain and not a tear/that bad. And the club did the right thing in taking him off and going the conservative approach.

He must play senior matches, it's too late to keep him in the 2's. He needs experience. With that, will come some setbacks. But the key is, like Scott mentioned, is to build a resistence to it over time. That resistence slowly builds as the significance of the injuries decrease. This is the most minor it's been since he's come to the club and that's a positive sign.
yep
kid has little to no real match conditioning. let him build it this year. if he misses through awareness, soreness, rest, etc. this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

He needs to come back through the two’s and earn senior games. Up until he got injured he was very ordinary. That sort of performance was not worthy of a senior
player.
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you ever posted anything positive about anything?
That was a nice pump up for Gumby . I doubt anyone has posted that he was more resilient than anyone :p

Just keep playing him once he's recovered.
Either it continues to go and we can officially rule him out and either trade him or delist him.
Or it comes good and he's serviceable.

We have 20 odd weeks to find out of he can do it.

I’ve definitely suffered and still do from sciatica it’s like the depression form of hamstring and back awareness . No one sees it but it is there restricting you without abandon. It’s an unseen ailment.

Same here. It's cryptonite is core exercises bud.

Last edited:
Some bodies are just not up to it. And his isn’t up to it.

Look forward to another 4-5 years on the list though…1 of which he’ll play 14-17 games and we all think he’s finally turned a corner…

I think the best we can hope for is a Cyril Rioli type outcome. He had dodgy hammies. But forged a good amount of games around the continual tears.

4 to 6 weeks New

Remove this Banner Ad

Back