Prediction One season too many - Now 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Mason Cox - no words

You could here Sidebottom creaking through the telly
Will play some good games this year because of his smarts but looked old tonight.
Pendlebury’s magic ability to create space & time is dissipating. If any player deserves to get to 400 it’s him.
Hope he doesn’t soil it a little by playing for frees like he did tonight.

You could here Sidebottom creaking through the telly
Will play some good games this year because of his smarts but looked old tonight.
Pendlebury’s magic ability to create space & time is dissipating. If any player deserves to get to 400 it’s him.
Hope he doesn’t soil it a little by playing for frees like he did tonight.
Both should of gone out on top

I love the guy but Pendles looked horribly cooked last night.

My team has a few contenders as well, Grimes, Prestia, Macintosh.

Grimes is good in the air and in bodying contests, but terrifying with the ball in his hand. McIntosh you have to acknowledge just gives everything all the time. Prestia it seems more his hamstrings staying in place than anything.

None look as bad as Pendlebury though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Breust looked cooked during the early stages of last season (8 goals in the first 6 games), but ended up with 47 goals. Some of these old boys just need to work into the season.

Would have that also been because Hawthorn were getting flogged in most of their first 6 games?

Hard for a small forward to do much when you are losing by 10 goals plus.

Point taken though not writing off older guys just yet. A few pies boys do look like the end could be coming, but they have been terrible generally first 2 games apart from the Daicos boys and a few other exceptions.

Thought Pendlebury was ordinary last night but I'm not ready to put him in this club yet.

Sidebottom was also unimpressive. I put him in this thread in 2021 because he looked absolutely cooked, then he came good again. I'll also give him a bit more time.

Geez, you'd have him back ( grundy) in a heartbeat I reckon if his contract wasn't so high
Interesting theory. Grundy was the 3rd best ruck on the ground last night. He took 1 mark, gave away 7 free kicks, got beaten easily in hit outs and the Swans lost clearances by a lot.

Trading him was the catalyst in winning Collingwood a premiership.

Do you want to think that one over?

Hawkins looking a long way off tonight but he (and the rest of the OAPs) have been written off how many times?

As I just posted in one of the seemingly endless cats tigers threads:

I actually for the first time ever thought In the first quarter MAYBE it was starting to catch up with him but he hit Cameron with a pinpoint pass from the boundary from a ground ball pick up and Cameron missed the shot, he collected another ground ball and dished off to Duncan who missed the shot, and he found space on the lead and slammed his shot into the post himself. He could have easily finished the game with 2 goals and 2 goal assists. By the end he just looked like he lacked a bit of touch more than anything, I think he will be ok

Brodie Smith.

Breust looked cooked during the early stages of last season (8 goals in the first 6 games), but ended up with 47 goals. Some of these old boys just need to work into the season.
Sidebottom was similar last year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back