Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Squiggle doesn't rate them at all. Has them finishing 13th from here (we can dream).
I thought they looked very tired the other night. Pendles was caught HTB - not sure I’ve ever seen that before.
Some of the role players have dropped right off too. They’ll go on a run at some point I’m sure, but if saints somehow beat them next week all bets are off!

I thought they looked very tired the other night. Pendles was caught HTB - not sure I’ve ever seen that before.
Some of the role players have dropped right off too. They’ll go on a run at some point I’m sure, but if saints somehow beat them next week all bets are off!
Yeah they absolutely have the quality to turn it around any minute (which sucks for us), but they need to turn it around this week or they might well be 0-4.

Play on nothing to see here.

comedy central GIF

1710719527104.png

It feels like the commentators think st kilda have recruited peak Cyril Rioli or something. didn’t think Henry was awful, but the constant comments about his dangerous speed etc... it was rather bewildering.
Also, why was he playing at the centre bounce?!
Because Ross will try make him an insider.

ump is in the perfect position to see that too lol

What has happened is he is not looking near the ground, and is focused on the ball with reference to the behind post. Draw a line from his head to 6ft up the post, and it would go straight through the ball. Hence it looks in to the umpire.

Any surprises that Tasmania will be the Devils, and the same Myrtle Green, Rose Red, and Primrose Yellow that they've had for over 100 years?

It's a really nice connection to deep history, that I wish we had done

1710746036642.png

Last edited:
Big reveal was a bit underwhelming.

Very predictable. Glad they did'nt succumb to all the marketing crap that have marred other new teams with silly "edgy" names and jumpers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ump is in the perfect position to see that too lol

Just listened to the Whateley and King video on SEN and apparently the field umpire can't call it even if he knows it is out of bounds. Only the boundary ump can call it.

Hardly a surprise. AFL applied for the below in 2019 with the Australian Trade Marks Office (IP Australia)(and with no other options which was different to when the Dockers were one of a number of potentials choices at their inception)
1710746851824.png
Registration 2009840
And Registration 2009841 for TASMANIAN DEVILS
And Registration 2009842 for TASSIE DEVILS
And more recently 2383685 which was accepted in Jan 24:
1710747025907.png

they will need to update with a new registration though as this one a bit too different than the original devil:
1710747197117.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back