Game Day Round 2 vs. St Kilda, MCG, 7:30pm Thurs 21/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the conclusion that we have serious deficiencies, in both defence and attack. Yet, 2 games ago we hoisted the premiership cup, with not too many changes to the 23. No Murphy after quarter time, no McStay and Frampton as a defensive forward. Makes one realise what a magnificent achievement it was.
The two superbly coached teams from NSW have had the whole off-season to plan their strategy and despite denials, subconsciously we have not been fully focused on the task.
Fly flagged the inclusion of Mitchell and the omission of Johnson at his presser. Obviously for team balance, there has to be at least one more change. Frampton or McInnes to go forward ~ we need Howe to remain in the backline. Macrae into the starting 22, Lipinski the sub, which means someone will have to get the chop. It may be Markov or someone may have the dreaded " managed" as the reason for omission, possibly Sidebottom or Elliott.

This is a huge game for the Saints ~ let's turn up fully focused and give them a football lesson.

It remains to be seen.
Both sides remain to be seen i.e. if Ginnivan continues his good form vs Schultz playing to the standard we believed he could achieve. I'd rather have kept Ginnivan. We persevered with De Goey's poor behaviour and it paid dividends. Seems to me with Ginnivan, we celebrated his larrikin manner then turned on him because of his race track appearance. Unless of course there was substance to the end of year rumour that the club denied.

We not only got rid of a player but a personality. Struck me as the sort of decision someone like Buckley might have made. Wouldn't be so bad if Schulz proved a significantly better player, but for the moment it's not shaping up so well.

Both sides remain to be seen i.e. if Ginnivan continues his good form vs Schultz playing to the standard we believed he could achieve. I'd rather have kept Ginnivan. We persevered with De Goey's poor behaviour and it paid dividends. Seems to me with Ginnivan, we celebrated his larrikin manner then turned on him because of his race track appearance. Unless of course there was substance to the end of year rumour that the club denied.

We not only got rid of a player but a personality. Struck me as the sort of decision someone like Buckley might have made. Wouldn't be so bad if Schulz proved a significantly better player, but for the moment it's not shaping up so well.
in what way is Ginnivan a superior player compared to Schultz?

Two goals to halftime and barely sighted after that is hardly good form against a bottom 8 team in Essendon. Meanwhile Schultz has played in a team soundly beaten by arguably the two best teams in the league with terrible supply.

Perhaps TGG we give it longer than two weeks.

Did anyone else notice that as soon as Ash came out of the game, all of the forwards suddenly got possessions and looked dangerous. It almost seemed like once he was out of the way, they all had more space, energy and enthusiasm. I didn’t see a lot of his leading patterns (TV viewing), was he not working with the other forwards?

Did anyone else notice that as soon as Ash came out of the game, all of the forwards suddenly got possessions and looked dangerous. It almost seemed like once he was out of the way, they all had more space, energy and enthusiasm. I didn’t see a lot of his leading patterns (TV viewing), was he not working with the other forwards?

You mean when the game was over and Sydney had taken the foot off the pedal and allowed some junk goals in?

You do realise that in order to rotate the squad you have to drop a player.
And if you drop a player, it means.........well....

You can't play him.

So are you telling us...

Just don't play him.
I'm saying

Rest pendles ...sideboottom ..checkers

Just play
Sullivan
Steene
Allan

Yep

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's going to be hard to beat the Saints. They have some tricks and some very well rehersed set plays. I hope we go with JDG and Howe forward. We looked much better when they went forward. Happy for fin to play FT mid. I'd bring in Frampton and keep Dean as well. Wouldn't mind seeing HH get a run also
Saints were ok the other night, but not great, Geelong didn’t inspire me either and though both teams were pretty ordinary, it was a lot of turnovers happening and average disposal all night.
If we are anywhere near our best we will flog the saints.

Saints were ok the other night, but not great, Geelong didn’t inspire me either and though both teams were pretty ordinary, it was a lot of turnovers happening and average disposal all night.
If we are anywhere near our best we will flog the saints.
We kind of need to, another loss and I think it will be difficult to turn it around sufficiently to make top4.

I’d like to see a grinding win, just enough to inspire some enthusiasm for the next week.

I feel like it’s all mental, pressure will mount and we must win.

in what way is Ginnivan a superior player compared to Schultz?
Schultz is a better footballer and clearly more established and professional.

But what Ginni brings is energy and unpredictability. That’s why we all got behind him.

Unfortunately the unpredictability extended off field and he had to go.

Our flaws in the first two games come down to the game plan failing, much more so than any individual performance (I’ll overlook AJ as a contributing but only part factor).
And we did play 2 re hot contenders with a grudge to settle.

I wonder how much of an effect Leppa and Bolton being somewhat elevated out of their 2023 roles to fill Wrights shoes is a factor?
They’d have been up to their neck in handover.

Jen2310 How much have we seen of them at training this year? Are they participating to the same extent?

And I also agree that Oleg doing Movember and dispensing with the strongman mo and moving on to the Viking plait mo is a Samson-like disaster.

a witches hat would have better leading patterns. Watched the GWS game live and he barely moves.

Imagine if we dropped Mihocek for a raw (and perhaps injured) young ruck/forward. Christ...
It’s almost as if some are calling the season at 0-2! The one sure fire way to go 0-3 and be under real pressure heading to the GABBA is picking a bunch of kids when we need steady heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back