Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Domie, it seems to me that those in charge of umpiring want a supposedly " objective" method to assess free kicks on a tick box kind of arrangement...

And the other aspect that I didnt mention in my first post, is that there cant be too many free kicks. So this has resulted in the jumper tugs being paid, but whole classes of free kicks like push in the back are ignored. THis is even worse now that the "deliberate" free kick has been called more. Ridiculously, it shouldn't be a free kick now. It should be based on last one to kick the ball if the sport wants to use it. The adjudications on whether a player has meant or not meant to get the ball out are just a toss of a coin.

I dont worry too much about umpiring but i'm sure you almost as frustrated as you were the days of barlett and baldock...

It's no longer deliberate. They claim it's insufficient intent, but really it's if you kick it out of bounds without anyone getting near it, unless it happens in the forward line - then it's ok...

Decent game.

The question I have is whether another coach could get more out of Freo?

They have an elite ruckman.

Very good midfield - Young, Bradshaw, Serong, Fyfe is getting back to his best.

Two quality defenders - Ryan and Pearce

They have plenty of leg speed.

Forward line is a challenge at times but that is partly game plan.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

It's no longer deliberate. They claim it's insufficient intent, but really it's if you kick it out of bounds without anyone getting near it, unless it happens in the forward line - then it's ok...
I quite like the change to “insufficient intent”
One reason i’ve never been able to get into rugby or other codes is how they deliberately kick it out.

Decent game.

Jackson being forced to ruck is hurting them a little with Darcy out. They are doing better than I expected though, but it is early.

I quite like the change to “insufficient intent”
One reason i’ve never been able to get into rugby or other codes is how they deliberately kick it out.
I don't like that miskicks that go out are called insufficient intent, but you can walk the ball over the line without getting pinged.

I don't like that miskicks that go out are called insufficient intent, but you can walk the ball over the line without getting pinged.
There’s def a balance that needs work on there. I agree, I also hate when a players being tackled, walk it over being tackled is a throw in, stay in play it’s htb

Decent game.

Their forward line is dreadful. They kicked about 3 goals not from frees after dominating stoppage. Schultz and Henry are big losses. They'd be up and about with those two still in the team - if Henry played to his his early form this season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cameron is the best player in the league. Def in conversation as one of the best. Had he been drafted by Geel or a vic team initially his career would be even better. To think GWS had both him and Greene… as BT would say, woweee…
I’d say if GWS had kept most of their players that went to other clubs (including ours), there’s a high likelihood they’d have one or more Flags in their keeping by now.

Just when you think the umpiring can't get any worse it literally becomes farcical. Surely next year there's a player driven challenge system introduced for stupid decisions like today. Freo were monumentally robbed.
And willing to bet many more post weekend apologies from the AFL but the game’s done and no reversing.

Just wait for it to happen in a final or the GF like it did today then it will really hit the fan.

I’d say if GWS had kept most of their players that went to other clubs (including ours), there’s a high likelihood they’d have one or more Flags in their keeping by now.
I think if they hadn't have shown so much faith in Leon Cameron they'd have won one or two anyway.

There’s def a balance that needs work on there. I agree, I also hate when a players being tackled, walk it over being tackled is a throw in, stay in play it’s htb
It frustrates me that tacklers haven't adjusted a bit. Sometimes they've got them cold and actually sling them out as well as the bloke slinging himself out.

Cry me a river
We’ve got one. An April premier 😂. Go and celebrate the only silverware you’ve won in the last 30 years, the NAB cup flag 😂. I hope you have a DVD player to watch it on. On the plus side, you can use all the spoons you’ve won to paddle in the river and the paper bags to dry yourself

North a playing like a really talented combined TAC cup team against men. They just get pushed around.

Their tall backs are just woeful too. Aiden Corr is their best talk back. Just let that sink in.

They're the most important roles. You're just not competitive if you can't set up a defensive structure that makes it difficult for teams to kick the ball forward.

We’ve got one. An April premier 😂. Go and celebrate the only silverware you’ve won in the last 30 years, the NAB cup flag 😂. I hope you have a DVD player to watch it on. On the plus side, you can use all the spoons you’ve won to paddle in the river and the paper bags to dry yourself
homer simpson episode 6 GIF

Oh a bit touchy are we wondering how you’ll tomorrow night when the hawks send you 1-4
Imagine trolling the reigning premiers when you’ve been irrelevant for 30 years. Congrats on the April flag. What an achievement.

Huge wins against rich, north and freo in Adel… just hand you the flag 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back