Autopsy Roast & Toast R5 vs West Coast & Changes for The Bye

Best 5 vs Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

When wilk the club admit we need to rebuild? Or do I have to keep hearing garbage like we are following the Geelong model for another year? FFS
....we are rebuilding, you're just not paying enough attention. Bottom out, clear out list rebuilds aren't really the way it happens anymore and it's not just Geelong either.

Some people also act like that's clearly the only and best way to rebuild which you can take a look at North for how that can be a great way to absolutely destroy your club and your culture and leave you permanently at the bottom of the ladder.

we suck again GIF

Nope we were declining and it was poor list management, just gross incompetence . That’s why Dimma left the Titanic.
No s**t we were declining, doesn't mean we didn't have one last push in us. There were enough positive signs in 2022 to take the risk.

If list management decisions were up to you, you would've decided to cut the list and start again before 2017 even happened and we never would've won a flag.

You wouldn't ever be able to have a successful rebuild anyone because after any setback you would give up like a coward that can't handle anything but winning

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When those trades were made, we looked like we were just off being a genuinely top team. We hadn't lost a game by more than a goal after Round 6 in 2022. We lost multiple games due to poor decision making.

Taking that same team and adding Taranto and Hopper to cover our weakest area was a fine gamble to take. Youve got a once in a lifetime team so of course you are gambling for one more.

It didn't pay off, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a worthwhile risk to take. Absolute revisionist history to act like he was never any chance of paying off.
Noticed how GWS haven’t skipped a beat and agreeably improved since they left .
Foot skills and speed in the current and future game they have neither .
They just don’t have enough hurt factor with the footy and both aren’t great at best defensively .

Noticed how GWS haven’t skipped a beat and agreeably improved since they left .
Foot skills and speed in the current and future game they have neither .
They just don’t have enough hurt factor with the footy and both aren’t great at best defensively .
GWS improving has more to do with changing the coaching staff than losing Hopper and Taranto.
Who knows where we’d be if Kingsley was running the show?

GWS improving has more to do with changing the coaching staff than losing Hopper and Taranto.
Yep changing coach certainly helped. But the price we paid including length of their contract would rank alongside the highest in the comp . Clubs don’t lose two players ranked that highly and improve .

Their previous coach was awful and still made a grand final with that list. They have a ridiculous amount of young high picks that are very fast and skillful. Our only young player that can reach that level is Gibcus and hes unavailable. They prob have 10 young players at that level coming through.

Nope we were declining and it was poor list management, just gross incompetence . That’s why Dimma left the Titanic.
Meh, I’m OK with the club taking risks like this. It didn’t pay off, but I see the vision after our 2022 season.

On a side note, one thing that annoys me is when people say that we tried to do what Geelong did. At no point did we try to do what Geelong did. Geelong bring in players almost every year and turn over their list methodically like that. There is someone decent requesting a trade to them almost every year.

The only decent players we brought in since Lynch, Prestia, Caddy, and Nankervis 6-8 years ago were Taranto, Hopper, and Tarrant, all in more recent years.

So, if there is one aspect that I think we mishandled during our Premiership years, it is that we did not try to use our Premiership status to lure over more good to elite players. Teams like Geelong and Brisbane are stocked with talent, but they’re always seeking to improve their list. We didn’t do that. We tried to improve our list only through the draft, and that’s a bad strategy given the draft picks that Premiership contenders get. There is a sweet spot with that. You don’t want to ignore the draft too much like the dynasty Hawthorn side, and you don’t want to only rely on the draft like our dynasty side. Geelong’s hit the sweet spot where they get talent from the draft while bringing in talent from other teams.

Anyway, what’s done is done I guess. We just have to find a way to dig ourselves out of the hole before Tasmania comes. Nailing our draft picks in the coming drafts is imperative.

I have questioned Lefaus out put in his 3 games but I'll give credit where it's due.

That's what I want to see from Lefau play like a 195 cm not like a six-footer. His first three games have been underwhelming apart from a few glimpses but today looked good. I'll hold my reservations as it's just one game. Hopefully, he can back it up.

Back