Game Day St Kilda V Dogs 7.30 pm 18/4/2024 Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very weird feeling heading into tonight’s game. We’ve had some scrutiny in the past years, but feel this week was the worst yet. Nervous to see how English, Naughton and Bevo perform after the rocket the media has given them this week (as well as the whole side). If we don’t fire a shot or even look affected by the outside noise, something is seriously off about this club and frankly my interest in this season is done, which is sad given my love for the club.

Who benefits from the mid time if that happens? I'm guessing Macrae?

The trade I'm looking at involves Macrae and Touk Miller for Bont.
Macrea, Harmes and Garcia likely split the midfield gap left by Libba. Bont is a possibility to get tagged aswell. Lyon is one of few coaches left who plays a proper hard tag and with Libba out Bontempelli is the only one likely to stand in their way.

Macrea, Harmes and Garcia likely split the midfield gap left by Libba. Bont is a possibility to get tagged aswell. Lyon is one of few coaches left who plays a proper hard tag and with Libba out Bontempelli is the only one likely to stand in their way.

You know Bont will be tagged, I know Bont will be tagged, BF knows Bont will be tagged but do the coaches know it and have a plan for it

You know Bont will be tagged, I know Bont will be tagged, BF knows Bont will be tagged but do the coaches know it and have a plan for it
It is a perfect game to play Bont forward, would completely throw the Saints plans out of the window. We won't because we would be bloody massive down there after the Lobb inclusion.

Wilkie has been relatively down on form compared to his excellent 2023. Suspect he'll take about 10 intercept grabs tonight.

I feel like looking at anyone else's 5 man interchange this weekend or prior weekends you could narrow the sub down to 1 or 2 at most.

It honestly could be any of the 5 for us tonight.

Dale - Sub 2 weeks in a row isn't ideal for match fitness. He was terrible when he came on and made no impact so I'm surprised his in the team at all. Surely can't be sub again though

Sanders - He couldn't make him sub could he? After last week and the reactions/commentary that's followed. With Libba out it seems a great opportunity for him to step up. Point to prove.

Harmes/Garcia - both obviously deserve their chance. Great VFL form. I could see Garcia having a big impact as sub, but feel like he's earned his opportunity for a full game in the midfield.

Bramble - If we aren't making Dale sub two weeks in a row then Bramble makes the most sense. 8th defender.

Personally, I hope it's Bramble. Has been pretty poor the last 2 weeks after a great start. Dale last chance or VFL time is coming.

Bevo is 2-6 v Lyon, but only 1 of those has been since Lyon returned to Saints (r2, last year) when they walloped us.

In that game, Baz was prolific, Lobb didn't play, JUH kicked 2 points, and Zaine Cordy kicked 2 goals for them. We had Bruce, Crozier and Keath in defence, but Garcia played. So did McComb.

Based on all that, I'm (trepidatiously) tipping us, by 11 points, with a bag from Lobb.

See this going two ways.
1. Massive response from the players to signal they have the coaches back and are buying in resulting in a big win.
or
2. Players lay down again basically playing dead (weak efforts/basic skill error/ turnovers) and Saints go on a RAMPAGE.
Either way the media will have another field day afterwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who else is at the point where they’re not even looking forward to this game tonight, as is our current, dire state of affairs 🤦

feeling quite mixed at the moment

Congrats to VDM on getting to 50 games. The conventional wisdom seems to be that 50 is the magic number for a player to get to when everything clicks and the player becomes more consistent, feels like he belongs and makes more of a contribution to team performance. If we see that from VDM I will be very pleased. He has pace and a willingness to run both ways that we sorely need. If surer ball handling and decision making comes too, we will have a very good player on our hands.
Between 50- 70 games so possibly another 20 to go! Hope he can go on and carve out a solid career we need more campaigners in the side

After last week, I really don’t feel like going tonight, but have to as it will be my last game for a while as I’m moving back to Perth.

I can’t even explain how much I don’t want it to be a crap game where we get belted. Regardless of where our season goes from here, I’d like to leave Melbourne with a positive experience and not have my last couple of games be losses (or thrashings).

Saints fans will also be up & about as they will smell blood in the water, their players will probably know it too. So, we had better be prepared for a fight as anything resembling last week will be a nightmare to come.

Only a 6+ goal win will show dogs are not all lost yet this season. Anything less and isn't going to be convincing and a loss just proves that the team hasn't improved since last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back