Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get the lack of appreciation for LDU, I thought he was a quality player?

Can find the ball, good balance in contested and uncontested possessions, kicks to handballs, clearance player, metres gained player, good disposal efficiency, tackles and applies pressure.

I think he would compliment our midfield beautifully.

Then throw in the North factor, playing for them would be enough to break any decent players spirit.

24 year old, 188 cms, strong body.

If we are any chance of getting him I’d be after him at 100 miles an hour. Who else we going to spend our money on? It’s not as if we’ve got players knocking down the door to come.

But besides money why would he come to our club given we aren’t a premiership contender? So we need to pay up.
I think the concerns are 1) he can burn it a bit (albeit not as much as some of our players), and 2) he doesn’t work hard defensively

I said a couple of days back, as soon as he gets to be the 2nd best mid in a rotation (in our case, behind Dawson), he’ll have some pressure taken off of him and look all class

That’s my point, isn’t he that good? I watch him play and every stat indicates he’s a well balanced quality mid.

Hayward we should be able to get as well. We are loaded

A good club should be able to get both plus steak knives. With all the holes in our list, we should be paying minimum AFLPA salary requirements. So the contracts wont be an issue.

I think the concerns are 1) he can burn it a bit (albeit not as much as some of our players), and 2) he doesn’t work hard defensively

I said a couple of days back, as soon as he gets to be the 2nd best mid in a rotation (in our case, behind Dawson), he’ll have some pressure taken off of him and look all class

To be fair he has had some of the worst talent to work with and its probably put him under more pressure in the contest. Quality players around him will bring out the best in him.

Lol what?

Isn't he a free agent?

He is restricted. Probably want to be the good guys. But offers may change. With LDU now up for grabs we may throw the kitchen sink at him and our first and future first at him, Hayward we can just price out of Sydney's range. I dont think they will match. Its been one of the worst kept secrets for a very long time about him coming to the Crows. It will give them salary cap relief. They have a lot of quality players they can plough that money into.

Haywards stats do not measure up to anything close of two first rounders. We have been stupid in the past but that would be the dumbest deal we have ever done.

it was a weird comment by Ralph. He acknowledged Hayward was a free agent but managed to weave in (perhaps as a separate point but it could have been interpreted as related) that our current and future 1sts are on the table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it was a weird comment by Ralph. He acknowledged Hayward was a free agent but managed to weave in (perhaps as a separate point but it could have been interpreted as related) that our current and future 1sts are on the table.
Yeah just watched it, he’s not saying that we’ve offered it, I inferred he said we are shopping for players and offering those picks. No way would we be offering that

Ok. Nonetheless, we will be able to offer an amount the swans can’t match. Perhaps our play at gulden was to fire a shot across Sydney’s bow regarding how much spar cap we have to play with.

Nah, we aren't that smart, nor brave.

If anything, this is media trade posturing and the Crows have said nothing. Basically the vic media thinks we owe everyone else the deal they want because we dare take a player. They do this all the time.

Ralph mouth just confirming once again he liked to make shit up...

No way in he'll are we giving up 2x 1sts for Hayward.

Anyone with half a brain knows that's insane.

Watching it, I think Ralph made that two firsts comment as a separate point, but it wasn’t put quite well enough

Well you don't need to be a genius to know we have the space in the salary cap and the draft picks to do some big trades. Now ive seen more in context this is probably what he is getting at.

We've had mega trade hands before and landed nothing. So really this means little. And its really too early to get excited about players since we wont know until the seasons over.

He is restricted. Probably want to be the good guys. But offers may change. With LDU now up for grabs we may throw the kitchen sink at him and our first and future first at him, Hayward we can just price out of Sydney's range. I dont think they will match. Its been one of the worst kept secrets for a very long time about him coming to the Crows. It will give them salary cap relief. They have a lot of quality players they can plough that money into.

Haywards stats do not measure up to anything close of two first rounders. We have been stupid in the past but that would be the dumbest deal we have ever done.
If he's restricted we just offer him money Sydney can't match as they have a tighter cap.

We aren't trading for him.

Ralph is a moron when it comes to these things.

If he's restricted we just offer him money Sydney can't match as they have a tighter cap.

We aren't trading for him.

Ralph is a moron when it comes to these things.

At this stage of the year, its just for clickbait and ratings. Nothing could be more meaningless than rumour mongering trades and FA moves. We wont know for another 5 months if anything he says now is correct or not. I doubt the clubs or managers at this time are freely giving up information.

I don’t get the lack of appreciation for LDU, I thought he was a quality player?

Can find the ball, good balance in contested and uncontested possessions, kicks to handballs, clearance player, metres gained player, good disposal efficiency, tackles and applies pressure.

I think he would compliment our midfield beautifully.

Then throw in the North factor, playing for them would be enough to break any decent players spirit.

24 year old, 188 cms, strong body.

If we are any chance of getting him I’d be after him at 100 miles an hour. Who else we going to spend our money on? It’s not as if we’ve got players knocking down the door to come.

But besides money why would he come to our club given we aren’t a premiership contender? So we need to pay up.

Has the talent and athleticism to be a star but doesn’t play to that level offensively and can be lazy on defence.

Being a bit underrated here though. Has burst power that our midfield desperately needs. Would be a good replacement for Laird if he we could get him as a free agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back