Toast Round 8 = Carlton 79-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m starting to wonder if I misjudged the situation and didn’t realise we might be in a 2022 (Giants 2023) situation where we’re adjusting to a new game plan that will click about halfway through the season and we go on a run

I’m starting to wonder if I misjudged the situation and didn’t realise we might be in a 2022 (Giants 2023) situation where we’re adjusting to a new game plan that will click about halfway through the season and we go on a run
Fly kept saying we're always learning.. not staying the same.. continually looking to improve.. new assistant coaches..

I think it was a given we weren't going to stay the same old same old from last year. Fly's too smart for that.

Cracking game. It was the right result. Well played by your boys.

Thanks mate. Classy on your part to drop in. :thumbsu:

P.S. There are some good humans at the Blues (not Owies). I love Harry Mc. and wish he played for a club run by nice people.

Hearing BT rave about Carlton's three big bad athletic forwards while saying we had none ( true) and clearly expecting the Blues to roll over us at that stage, highlights what a magnificent TEAM we are. How do we keep doing it without those elite big men?
Very impressive win, especially considering how their talls were dominating all over the ground early in the game.

Saad?? they miss his 5 metre sideways kicks??

Same, i've heard all week that they are gonna smash us, from Carlton, neutral and Pies supporters. Some of the rubbish i've heard from Carlton supporters, it goes beyond just friendly banter, they get very personal.

Frampton did have his arm around him, but what take priority in this case, a high contact or an arm around a player? the high contact should, but in the heat of the moment, play on.

Watching the replay and i saw footage of Crazy Vossy going apesh!t at a player, then you see footage of Fly when one of our players makes a mistake, you can see he is disappoint, but he remains calm and in control, Voss might want to act like Fly, but he isn't fly. Out couched and they have no anwsers other than kick it to McKay or Curnow, Owies got a couple of goals because we were too concerned about McKay and Curnow, but i'd rather he kick a couple than letting McKay and Curnow off the leach.

I thought he played a very similar game to Sully and Sully got a A-, oh well, they both had a great game.
With you on Fly’s demeanour, in the whole time he’s been coaching I’ve never seen him freak out and go full phone smash, when something goes wrong you just see a slight disappointment facial expression or a slight scrunch of the face. Great composure

Very impressive win, especially considering how their talls were dominating all over the ground early in the game.
Probably one of the wins I'm most proud of tbh. No tall forwards for us, 2 of our best mids out, a fairytale debutant, watching a newbie like Harvey contribute to so many 'moments', most of our players down on form but we'd still managed to win 3.5 of our last 4 (now 4.5 from 5)..backs against the wall coming up against the arrogant Blues who were so cocky about winning that match..

Nothing sweeter than watching Carlscum fans streaming out of the ground with 30 seconds left 😆

Hearing BT rave about Carlton's three big bad athletic forwards while saying we had none ( true) and clearly expecting the Blues to roll over us at that stage, highlights what a magnificent TEAM we are. How do we keep doing it without those elite big men?
Same with Geelong, they don’t have flat out superstars, bar maybe Cameron and Stewart but they’re well coached and team oriented and that’s why they’re always up there.

Voss is legit a poor coach, I’ve made fun of him i the past because, we’ll he’s Voss, but na he’s bad.

I can’t recall any strategy they employed to limit our run from the back half or our extras at stoppages, you know the strategy that won us a flag.

Other teams have prevented us from playing the way we want and forced us to play the territory game, but Voss just let us have it on our terms, bizarre.

He’s an old time coach that relies on the talent of individual players rather than system, long may his reign last.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With you on Fly’s demeanour, in the whole time he’s been coaching I’ve never seen him freak out and go full phone smash, when something goes wrong you just see a slight disappointment facial expression or a slight scrunch of the face. Great composure
The minute you let your emotions take over like that, you've lost control, you can't think straight and will be prone to make bad decisions.

Lewis and Dixon and knockout Cam are all Dunstall minions. Almost like a workplace clique, where you have to hate Collingwood to appease the fox footy figureheads and top brass.
Ive worked there.
My objective feedback to management was that their commentators just alienate the biggest supporter base in the land. Not smart at all. Their response:.. “f*ck em… it’s Collingwood”
Hodge still going on this morning about Pendlebury’s kick towards the boundary in the last 45sec.

Sounded like he was really cranky about it. Wouldn’t have made a difference if it was called deliberate other than giving us the opportunity to kick another goal. The blues couldn’t get it out of their backline.

Voss is legit a poor coach, I’ve made fun of him i the past because, we’ll he’s Voss, but na he’s bad.

I can’t recall any strategy they employed to limit our run from the back half or our extras at stoppages, you know the strategy that won us a flag.

Other teams have prevented us from playing the way we want and forced to play the territory game, but Voss just let us have it on our terms, bizarre.

He’s an old time coach that relies on the talent of individual players rather than system, long may his reign last.
But the Carlton president said he was "a coach of great intellect" 😂

“Michael Voss is made to coach the Carlton Football Club – a coach of great intellect, who inspires those around him and every Carlton person to not just hope, but believe in what is possible if we remain committed and true to who we are, together"

Saad?? they miss his 5 metre sideways kicks??

Same, i've heard all week that they are gonna smash us, from Carlton, neutral and Pies supporters. Some of the rubbish i've heard from Carlton supporters, it goes beyond just friendly banter, they get very personal.

Frampton did have his arm around him, but what take priority in this case, a high contact or an arm around a player? the high contact should, but in the heat of the moment, play on.

Watching the replay and i saw footage of Crazy Vossy going apesh!t at a player, then you see footage of Fly when one of our players makes a mistake, you can see he is disappoint, but he remains calm and in control, Voss might want to act like Fly, but he isn't fly. Out couched and they have no anwsers other than kick it to McKay or Curnow, Owies got a couple of goals because we were too concerned about McKay and Curnow, but i'd rather he kick a couple than letting McKay and Curnow off the leach.

I thought he played a very similar game to Sully and Sully got a A-, oh well, they both had a great game.

There’s a lot of coaches in the comp now copying Fly and it’s obvious and fake

Goodwin and Voss are the two prime examples

It’s no coincidence that Goodwin has slightly gone away from being fake and being more himself and Melbourne look slightly better as a result

Look at Sydney, Geelong and GWS. Their coaches are just themselves. Warts and all. That’s why those three sides are genuine. Because their coaches are.

Other teams have prevented us from playing the way we want and forced to play the territory game, but Voss just let us have it on our terms, bizarre.

And he tries to be like Fly, on the bench and speaking like him, you can copy but you’ll never be him lol

A lot of coaches are doing it too, not too many are successful, Kingsley maybe the only one, bench coaching and puffer jacket, and he can because his team is successful.

Ben Dixon was one of the few who picked us

Guys, did you know you can get banned from using the Like system for a week? I just agreed with a few posts on the Blues board that were critical of their own team and The Chief banned me for using Likes for a week. Seems a bit harsh wouldn't you say? I mean, I'm just agreeing with their own self criticism.

On a more serious note, who here is beginning to hate Owies with a passion? The way he celebrates every little thing he does is ridiculous and he is now celebrating abusing the head-high safety rule for his own benefit and making a mockery of the AFL concussion rules. He is now down on the bottom shelf of pricks along with that Papsmear from Shitney.

Lewis and Dixon and knockout Cam are all Dunstall minions. Almost like a workplace clique, where you have to hate Collingwood to appease the fox footy figureheads and top brass.
Ive worked there.
My objective feedback to management was that their commentators just alienate the biggest supporter base in the land. Not smart at all. Their response:.. “f*ck em… it’s Collingwood”
Just finished watching YouTube video of Triple M’s call of last 4 minutes call of the game. Dunstall and Nathan Brown by their commentary and body language were so obviously barracking for a Blues win.

It was hugely satisfying to visibly see their disappointment and frustration when Naicos kicked the winner. Totally unprofessional on their part.

Guys, did you know you can get banned from using the Like system for a week? I just agreed with a few posts on the Blues board that were critical of their own team and The Chief banned me for using Likes for a week. Seems a bit harsh wouldn't you say? I mean, I'm just agreeing with their own self criticism.

On a more serious note, who here is beginning to hate Owies with a passion? The way he celebrates every little thing he does is ridiculous and he is now celebrating abusing the head-high safety rule for his own benefit and making a mockery of the AFL concussion rules. He is now down on the bottom shelf of pricks along with that Papsmear from Shitney.
Papley at least has talent to back up the campaigner style celebrations, Owies is a VFL plodder hack

Remove this Banner Ad

Back