Opinion Riddle me this: Why are we playing WCE at Marvel?

Remove this Banner Ad

Next Sunday is the Mothers’ Day match which we’re playing this year against WCE at Marvel.

WCE are a team resurgent. They just got to within a kick against a team we drew against last week.

We have a bit of a rivalry with WCE, especially after 2018.

It’s potentially a cracking game, with ‘the old master’ N.Daicos facing off against ‘rising star’ Harley Reid which will surely be the story of the round.

If this were played at the MCG it would surely break attendance records. The biggest H&A crowd WCE have ever played in front of is 63K.

I get that we need to share the MCG around …

… but the MCG will be vacant on the day!!!1!

And surely given the choice, WCE would much rather play an away game at the MCG instead of Marvel. They’ve always been complaining that they don’t get enough games at the MCG.

Move the game to the MCG and make everybody happy!

Next Sunday is the Mothers’ Day match which we’re playing this year against WCE at Marvel.

WCE are a team resurgent. They just got to within a kick against a team we drew against last week.

It’s potentially a cracking game, with ‘the old master’ N.Daicos facing off against ‘rising star’ Harley Reid which will surely be the story of the round.

If this were played at the MCG it would surely break attendance records (The biggest H&A crowd WCE have ever played in front of is 63K)

And surely given the choice, WCE would much rather play an away game at the MCG instead of Marvel. They’ve always been complaining that they don’t get enough games at the MCG.

It's all about size. It will be a much better TV spectical at the smaller ground instead of a half empty MCG

If this were played at the MCG it would surely break attendance records. The biggest H&A crowd WCE have ever played in front of is 63K.

Mother’s Day, 40-50k, if it gets there, at Marvel far more profitable than the same crowd at the G.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would rather play all home games at the G, but if we have to play 2 at Marvel, this should be one of them

• Mother's day
  • Bottom 4 side
  • would rather play interstate side at Marvel then a Marvel tenant

Despite our incredible crowds last year, we only got 37k if I recall correctly against GWS on Mothers day.
It's usually a pretty bad day for crowds

Mother’s Day, 40-50k, if it gets there, at Marvel far more profitable than the same crowd at the G.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not more profitable at all.

But we always get 2 home games at Marvel every year.

One against a non-vic team
One against a Marvel tenant.

Danger game for us

I’m with you 76, but there is no chance this gets moved.
I’m more annoyed that we play a home game at Marvel against the Dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like the idea of a "home game" away from the G but what makes it worse is the shitness of the chosen stadium.

It's a soulless destination that happens to be a bastard to get to.

Commercial realities and all. I suspect most Collingwood fans don't like Marvel much.

We’ve struck a fair patch of form, our injury toll is not as severe as some eg Lions and W Coast have injuries also.
I’ll be disappointed if we can’t get the job done…
I agree, just have a niggle this might be bad. I saw us beat North at Marvel last year when they were garbage, it worried me.

Pesky contracts!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back