Suggest a Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

With Carlton refusing to part with the Number 1 pick for Judd.... How bout Collingwood packages this deal!!!!

Whilst sitting in a boring lecture today, I daydreamed some possible trade scenarios to land Judd in black and white.

With the Blues only willing to part witht 3, 20 and Kennedy.... how would pie fans feel about this trade?

We trade Ben Reid to the WB for pick 5 which I think is fair, although I really dont want to lose Reid but we are talking about Judd here, we trade that with our pick 14 and part ways with Josh Fraser to West Coast for Judd.

WC: Pick 5, 14 and Josh Fraser
Bulldogs: Ben Reid
Collingwood: Chris Judd

I would think picks 5, 14 and Josh Fraser is easily better than picks 3, 20 and Kennedy that Carlton is offering.

Not Fraser, Brown. WCE are interested in Brown.

I am still willing to give up pick14, reid and brown for judd.

With Carlton refusing to part with the Number 1 pick for Judd.... How bout Collingwood packages this deal!!!!

Whilst sitting in a boring lecture today, I daydreamed some possible trade scenarios to land Judd in black and white.

With the Blues only willing to part witht 3, 20 and Kennedy.... how would pie fans feel about this trade?

We trade Ben Reid to the WB for pick 5 which I think is fair, although I really dont want to lose Reid but we are talking about Judd here, we trade that with our pick 14 and part ways with Josh Fraser to West Coast for Judd.

WC: Pick 5, 14 and Josh Fraser
Bulldogs: Ben Reid
Collingwood: Chris Judd

I would think picks 5, 14 and Josh Fraser is easily better than picks 3, 20 and Kennedy that Carlton is offering.

WC: Pick 5, 14 & Rusling
WBD: Reid
Collingwood: Judd

What you doing at uni?

Reid and Rusling would get you 5... not either player on their own.

PFFFFTTTTTT we wouldn't accept number 1 for both of them.

Unless Polly Farmer is making a comeback.

Don't you have a Judd deal to work out?

I heard WCE want MC Labour thrown in so they can demolish it and make a shrine to Karl Langdon. :D They also want Gibbs, Murphy or no 1, non-negotiable so tough t***ies it seems... :cool:

Don't trade Reid and Brown - top tall draft choices! We've whinged and whined for years about no height, finally we get some quality young talls and you want to flick them for Judd? I know he'd be a nice to have, but a key defender and a ruckman are of more priority and if we want to trade so aggressively, lets do it for personnel we need. We have the cap room with Jimmy, Bucks and Licca retiring so invest it in established players inline with our requirements.

Anymore thoughts on Cousins? I realise it is very hypothetical..

then he cant be traded... technically he is still in his first year... his second year term doesnt begin until after late november... and last year wasn't a super draft, far from it.

Reid can be traded if he agrees to it. He wont be however as he is RATED at Collingwood and across the League.

If he learns to kick a bit better (BT where are you), Reid will be a perfect complement for Travis Cloke.

Two 190cm+, quick as grease lightening, bust a gut players leading from the half forward line taking 11-15 marks each a game.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Mouth watering.;)

Moron, blow off.

Clearly you have no idea so back to packing up the house for Juddy. :thumbsu:

yet again you have proven that Collingwood fans see their own as god like and are unable to view a player without bias...

As for the Judd deal I'll leave that to Swanny... know him? Oh yeah that's right did like your club, saw the light and came across to us... unfortunate..

Back to Reid. I'll give you the kid has good hands but three games and hype wont raise him up 3 spaces in this years draft especially as this draft is very shallow on talent. Kreuzer, Cotchin, Palmer and Morton is where this draft is at. For the Bulldogs to throw away pick 5 and have to wait until mid 20's to pick up a youngster they would want more than just Reid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ummm, you rate draft picks way too highly.... Reid has shown he can play!!!

Reid is better than Kennedy, mark my words!!!!

draft picks are rated generally on the talent pool. ie: with a shallow pool like this year pick 5 may have equivalent to say a pick 12 in 2001's superdraft. Or say pick 10 in last years draft.

Reid went at 8 last year and only played 3 games. Showed some good things but clearly has a lightish frame and needs to work on it. So there is no worries there. For the doggies to have to wait to enter the draft at pick 25ish it is not in their interest to accept that trade... Reid + another forward (doesnt have to be tall, small might do as Johnson is close to retirement)

yet again you have proven that Collingwood fans see their own as god like and are unable to view a player without bias...

As for the Judd deal I'll leave that to Swanny... know him? Oh yeah that's right did like your club, saw the light and came across to us... unfortunate..

Back to Reid. I'll give you the kid has good hands but three games and hype wont raise him up 3 spaces in this years draft especially as this draft is very shallow on talent. Kreuzer, Cotchin, Palmer and Morton is where this draft is at. For the Bulldogs to throw away pick 5 and have to wait until mid 20's to pick up a youngster they would want more than just Reid.

Reid was the youngest player picked up in the Draft last year!!! Some players drafted this year will probably be older than him.

Anyways, I would still love Reid to stay at the Pies, but we are talking about Judd here!!!

draft picks are rated generally on the talent pool. ie: with a shallow pool like this year pick 5 may have equivalent to say a pick 12 in 2001's superdraft. Or say pick 10 in last years draft.

Reid went at 8 last year and only played 3 games. Showed some good things but clearly has a lightish frame and needs to work on it. So there is no worries there. For the doggies to have to wait to enter the draft at pick 25ish it is not in their interest to accept that trade... Reid + another forward (doesnt have to be tall, small might do as Johnson is close to retirement)

You're kidding right??
Sure they enter the draft at pick 25ish, but they are getting Reid for that 1st pick. I guess they can just try to weigh up who they would get for #5 in the draft and compare him to Reid. Reid is still as young as many players in this draft, with AFL experience and has shown he can mix it up with the big boys. True his frame is slender, but this preseason should see him bulk up a little.
I figure that pick 5 is right on the money for Reid in this years draft and is just what the dogs are in need of.
Having said that, i dont want him to go.

I don't think that Geelong would want a player unless they were going to be in the 22 and if they where in the 22 we wouldn't need to sweeten it with a second rounder.

Our second round won't get the job done for Prismal IMO and our First round is slightly overpaying although I'd still strongly consider it.

Lonie plus our 2nd rounder for a high second rounder, on trade the high second rounder to Geelong for Prismal.

Our original Second rounder used to take Renton in the Draft

Third rounder used to secure King/Moran.

Another trade I would be looking at is Egan for Hille we may need to sweeten that deal.

in the paper today, king to resign for 1 year....

Well for a draftee, Scott Thompson from the Geelong VFL side... this kid is a absoutle gun... ive seen him play 5 or 6 games for the Geelong VFL side and he has skill and speed...:thumbsu:

Sorry just a quick Q on warnock. Does anyone know if he actually wants to leave freo? and more importantly, is he still contracted? It may have already been said in some other thread but i don't remember.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back