Suggest a Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry just a quick Q on warnock. Does anyone know if he actually wants to leave freo? and more importantly, is he still contracted? It may have already been said in some other thread but i don't remember.
Apparently he's homesick and wants to leave but he has 1 year on his contract. Freo still want him and rate him highly.

Sorry just a quick Q on warnock. Does anyone know if he actually wants to leave freo? and more importantly, is he still contracted? It may have already been said in some other thread but i don't remember.

Warnock has 1 more year to run on the contract.

A friend of mine (yes don't we all have them) told me the whole homesick rumour is because the club really rate him and tried to get him to sign an extension.

Warnocks Manager has advised not to sign as he believes the kid will earn a lot more with the game time he is going to get in 08. Smart move by the manager as his contract value is likely to go up significantly.

Plus not to rain on your parade as I know it is trade silly season but I doubt - Pick 5 for Warnock would not be accepted - many at the club rate him as being better than Sandi as an all round footballer.

Also we have no 2nd ruck options - interestingly we were ranked 9th for hitouts, C'wood 12 and the Bulldogs 14th. If Warnock was on the market for 5 - I am guessing the woofers would prefer Warnock to Hudson.

If you are to make a run at Warnock - I am afraid it will be in 2009 and I am guessing his value will be considerably higher.

Plus not to rain on your parade as I know it is trade silly season but I doubt - Pick 5 for Warnock would not be accepted - many at the club rate him as being better than Sandi as an all round footballer.

Yep, fair call. Warnock is just wishful thinking.

A friend of mine (yes don't we all have them) told me the whole homesick rumour is because the club really rate him and tried to get him to sign an extension.

Warnocks Manager has advised not to sign as he believes the kid will earn a lot more with the game time he is going to get in 08. Smart move by the manager as his contract value is likely to go up significantly.

Also we have no 2nd ruck options - interestingly we were ranked 9th for hitouts, C'wood 12 and the Bulldogs 14th. If Warnock was on the market for 5 - I am guessing the woofers would prefer Warnock to Hudson.

If you are to make a run at Warnock - I am afraid it will be in 2009 and I am guessing his value will be considerably higher.
Holy s**t, that's an excellent post. :thumbsu:

Egan for Hille straight swap

I'd love to get Warnock good young kid with a huge future I'd give Brad Dick + 2nd round for him.

Something is telling me 2 give chris egan one more chance... i have a feeling about this guy he hasnt had a proper chance... in 2006 he showed promisse... i reckon give him one more year:thumbsu:

Something is telling me 2 give chris egan one more chance... i have a feeling about this guy he hasnt had a proper chance... in 2006 he showed promisse... i reckon give him one more year:thumbsu:

That is what I have been thinking about Egan. But we are desperate for a ruckman, and if Egan for Hille is a suggested trade, I would definately do the trade.

i dont like going on other clubs posts but i just heard that the dog's r with williamstown ben davies has said he might try his luck at the kennel opinions

That is what I have been thinking about Egan. But we are desperate for a ruckman, and if Egan for Hille is a suggested trade, I would definately do the trade.

Through injury Egan would not have enough trade value to bother trying to shop around. He would have more upside to us at the moment. I think that next year he will get some games and then we can try and trade him if the right deal emerged.

i dont like going on other clubs posts but i just heard that the dog's r with williamstown ben davies has said he might try his luck at the kennel opinions

I would say good luck to him. He has ripped it up all season for Willi but can't get a game. I think the coaches have decided that he won't be played in the firsts. I would consider him a worthy pick up as you would be able to get him for next to nothing and he is good enough for another chance.

The games Egan did play this year were at half back for the magoo's. The rest of the time he was inj.?

I think he'll come good, he's a lot bigger than I remember him from last year.

You just convinced me we ain't getting Warnock heh... Cheers for setting me straight on that one... :p

The games Egan did play this year were at half back for the magoo's. The rest of the time he was inj.?

I think he'll come good, he's a lot bigger than I remember him from last year.

played against adelaide and wasnt terrible looked good although he still muffed some kicks, then got suspended then got injured

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back