Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 2: Electric Portaloo

Who is your most hated set of twins in the AFL?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bigger football than you think. 98% of it has gone all flat, cracked and faded with a bit of stormwater cupped in it for the mozzies and their spawn. Much like the fate suffered by many a family football that the dog had got a hold of and left to rot out the back.

I just come to this board and TPFP... Although there's not much activity there now. Nobody will even reply.

Nice. Way back when, in the early-90s, my mate picked up a 1200 for $80 at Ca$hies. He told the sales assistant to ring him if he got anymore in. A few weeks later he gets the call. And robs 'em blind again...

The SL-1200 MKII's are the epitome of DJ turntables, A sad story a few years ago my brother who used to DJ had a set but while he was working away his gf at the time hocked them at cashies for $200, by the time he found out they were long gone, he was absolutely shattered.

Jessica Jones she had the whole series full of doubt, angst etc. due to her nemesis. And how she knows Cage. With that wrapped up right at the end hopefully Luke Cage isn't so depressive (and Season 2 of Jessica Jones isn't so 'woe is me'). I don't want light and frothy Supergirl or Flash, but a Daredevil type balance between hero and introspection would hit the spot.

Daredevil went off track in season 2, when I get sick of fisticuffs with ninja's you know somethings wrong. The core of the season was boring batshit, it was the subplots that held it up.

I usually hate action movies, but the kind of brutal close quarters fighting that Daredevil had in it sometimes is exactly what I like to see.

Superhero fights and big dancey fights with wires are the most boring things ever.

I usually hate action movies, but the kind of brutal close quarters fighting that Daredevil had in it sometimes is exactly what I like to see.

Superhero fights and big dancey fights with wires are the most boring things ever.

That's exactly what Daredevil is! Dancey fights with stunts and wires, well season 2 is anyway. 1 is more realistic, especially that hallway fight, that was brutal.

The best fights in season 2 all belonged to the Punisher.

Also love this scene from the Tom Jane Punisher movie.

yeah s2 did get that way, though i liked 'dd fights down the staircase' and 'punisher vs block d'

The Raid films & John Wick few of the best action films in the past decade imo. Non of that shaky camera bs too.

Shaky cam :mad:

Thanks Jason Bourne movies.

John Wick fell apart in the second half I reckon, after such a good opening, or maybe I'm just a sadistic douche and wanted to see the puppy killer absolutely tortured instead of getting off with a ho hum shot in the head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaky cam :mad:

Thanks Jason Bourne movies.

John Wick fell apart in the second half I reckon, after such a good opening, or maybe I'm just a sadistic douche and wanted to see the puppy killer absolutely tortured instead of getting off with a ho hum shot in the head.

Agree that the second half fell apart a bit. Still looking forward to the sequel coming out next year though, they'll be exploring the underworld aspect and have casted Morpheus.

Agree that the second half fell apart a bit. Still looking forward to the sequel coming out next year though, they'll be exploring the underworld aspect and have casted Morpheus.

Minor details, I love how everyone always addresses everyone else with their names, and more than once. Like how every line is ended with "John", or something to that effect? Hope they continue to do that in the sequel. Little things like that really build a universe.

Local annual charity run is gonna clean-up at Mum's joint tomorrow: basically a whole house.

Big shout out to all the fam and friends who cherry-picked what they wanted or placed orders over the phone and sent me Facebook messages of stuff they demanded be put aside.

Then left me to clean out the whole house by myself.

Special mention to the scabs who opened up boxes and bags I'd already packed to rummage through. "You better put that s**t back," I said. "All of it." They thought I was joking. You see me laughing, mutha f@%kaz?

F@%king campaigners...

Last edited:
Local annual charity run is gonna clean-up at Mum's joint tomorrow: basically a whole house.

Big shout out to all the fam and friends who cherry-picked what they wanted or placed orders over the phone and sent me Facebook messages of stuff they demanded be put aside.

Then left me to clean out the whole house by myself.

Special mention to the scabs who opened up boxes and bags I'd already packed to rummage through. "You better put that s**t back," I said. "All of it." They thought I was joking. You see me laughing, mutha f@%kaz?

Wait til Mum's eulogy - whenever that is - you f@%king campaigners...

People become ******* vultures, I remember my mum saying that when her mother passed away when she was 16 her family and friends stripped everything from her house and what wasn't wanted was just left on the floor, even her stuff was raided, she had a box that contained every beatles and Elvis records that were stolen.

Last edited:
Sympathies for your loss, it's ******* sad that in these times people become ******* vultures, I remember my mum saying that when her mother passed away when she was 16 her family and friends stripped everything from her house and what wasn't wanted was just left on the floor, even her stuff was raided, she had a box that contained every beatles and Elvis records that were stolen.

Oh, s**t. She's still alive and kicking! Just gone into a home. Geez, I worded that badly. Sorry. But cheers. Weirdly, the whole shebang is like a living funeral. Bizarre.

And just as I type this, I'm watching the neighbours give the stuff outside a once over just in case they missed something.

They're thorough, I'll give 'em that, lol...

Oh, s**t. She's still alive and kicking! Just gone into a home. Geez, I worded that badly. Sorry. But cheers. Weirdly, the whole shebang is like a living funeral. Bizarre.

And just as I type this, I'm watching the neighbours give the stuff outside a once over just in case they missed something.

They're thorough, I'll give 'em that, lol...

Ooh, that's awkward, guess I just misread your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back