Training The house is coming down - it's training time!

Remove this Banner Ad

If Kent is going to miss Round the whole Who Cares Cup (don't remember what they've renamed preseason to, so I'm going with that) will be one big audition for the small forward role you'd think. BenKen ahead with points in the bank, but anyone could take it. Then when Kent is fit, his replacement going well would put pressure on he and Garlett to perform, or head to Casey.

So while I'd much prefer him to be fit and firing, there is still silver lining

They were pretty happy with JKH late last year IIRC, wouldn't mind him getting a crack in Deano's role as I think it'd suit him.
Dunno. Kent is speedy. JKH not so much. Also Kent is good but I'm not sure that JKH is going to cut it.

Ben Ken is in the front position I'd say he has better defensive pressure than the other blokes
Harmes an outside chance as well
BenKen and Harmes - I could live with either in the role. I'd be even happier if Kent wasn't injured though. JKH I don't have a lot of confidence in and I don't think he will make it.

Ben Ken is in the front position I'd say he has better defensive pressure than the other blokes
Harmes an outside chance as well
I agree, those two would be my leading candidates. I actually quite like the idea of Harmes playing that high half forward role that Kent did last year. We saw Harmes play quite high around the ground in 2016 when he played midfield but I like what he did when he was playing in the forward line. I think he's definitely got flexibility to play as a high half forward but I reckon he can play deep as well with his ability to crumb off packs and also his ability to read the flight of the ball and mark overhead. Personally, I believe that should be the position that Harmes plays alongside Kent in the future but I think we are now at a stage where we have quite a bit of flexibility in the side and Petracca will probably be spending a bit of time playing half forward and deeper whilst being exposed to minutes in the midfield.

Now that I think about it Harmed and Ben Ken as small forward back up is really nice depth
Those 2 blokes are getting games at most clubs
Harmes is more effective drifting in midfield and can play in defence as well which maybe gives him the edge

Ben Ken is a tough little mofo as well, if he was a bit taller he would be a human wrecking ball
Both have pretty good defensive pressure skills as well

Cant find any confirmation that Kent is injured?

If so, we have some pretty handy back ups that can fill in. Obviously I prefer Kent in the side but VDB, Harmes, Ben Ken, Melksham, JKH, ANB can all play that position. Also Mitch Hannan and Tim Smith although I dont know if theyd be ready to go round 1. Most likely not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Kent isn't fit round 1 I'm thinking BenKen or Harmes. At this stage I'd personally favour Harmes however for some reason think the coaches would select BenKen. Although I'd be fine with that to.

Apparently Kent has a back injury that will cause him to sit on the sidelines for about 6 weeks. Im pretty sure he carried this through all last year and now its flared up again.

Apparently Kent has a back injury that will cause him to sit on the sidelines for about 6 weeks. Im pretty sure he carried this through all last year and now its flared up again.
He had stress fractures in his back last year, that was straight from the horse's mouth.

He had stress fractures in his back last year, that was straight from the horse's mouth.

Pretty impressive season if true, strange that the club wouldn't rest him but maybe after missing most of 15 with the hamstring they just wanted to see him play

Pretty impressive season if true, strange that the club wouldn't rest him but maybe after missing most of 15 with the hamstring they just wanted to see him play
When did I head to Casey? That was when he told me, he had just missed a game IIRC

Well know but the sports scientists are making most young athletes take 6 months off now .. strange that they managed him through
He said they were jabbing him to get him through, think he's a trooper anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back