Review Dees v Suns: Good, Bad and Downright Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Good: I was at the game with my wife and her brothers family and kids and his MIL and we won in an exciting match!

Bad: There was some Suns supporter behind us making the shittest calls all night cheering any Melbourne mistake and being generally obnoxious.

Fugly: When the final siren went I turned around to gave him a bit back only to realise he was intellectually challenged … oops.

1.03-1.53 👀

I’d be keen for Joel Smith to play the Petty role up forward also. With the obvious caveat that Joel Smith’s body is held together by sticky tape and play dough that has been left out in the sun too long…
I'd be happy to plonk a fifty on him making his way back into the team then being subbed out before 3qt in his first run. Worth a shot though as our depth in talls is very very thin

So hard to give votes this week that I dont think ill even bother, Trac quiet for the first quarter and a half but probably won us the game by himself in the end after that.

Name one player who played anywhere near his best? This is why I dont get the Disco Turner bagging. Yeah lets bag the 2nd gamer playing on a KPF vet who weighs over 100 kegs and none else apart from Slick.

Quietest Chandler has been all year, great goal in the first quarter though. Tracs goal ridiculous also. Not sure which was better, probably Tracs coz of the time in the game but would need to have another look.

Its amazing, that set shot by that GC player at the end of the game with 30 seconds left went thru EVERY SINGLE TIME when we were a s**t team, never got that sort of luck. Good teams always seem to get that sort of luck though I reckon.

GC rucks jump high and put that knee up, Max looked scared and like he didnt want anything to do with that. Could have been just looking after the knee TBF.

I'd love to end the Petty up forward experiment, and push him back, especially with May struggling a bit.

But if that happens, BBB or T Mac go back into the forward line and tbh that's a net loss.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

TMac injured and Brown can't even make the distance from 40 out atm so we might be stuck with Petty for now.

It's such a big brained move by the coaching staff to have both rucks at the same time going forward with Petty, AVR, Fritch and the small forwards. Let's * up the spacing for absolutely everyone else so we can clunk 3-4 marks a game. LOOK HOW MUCH WE STRETCHED THEM OUT WITH OUR AWESOME HEIGHT.

It's such a big brained move by the coaching staff to have both rucks at the same time going forward with Petty, AVR, Fritch and the small forwards. Let's * up the spacing for absolutely everyone else so we can clunk 3-4 marks a game. LOOK HOW MUCH WE STRETCHED THEM OUT WITH OUR AWESOME HEIGHT.
Yeah forward 50 entries were pretty bad again, just drop it on the giant's heads and hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Viney skying a ball on top of 3 gold coast players heads doesn't help either.
I was talking more in general. JVR throws himself at everything to get it down. He's doing the role of tall key which means Petty should be the lead up. It's a weird balance

Fair enough, can't see petty becoming a leading up forward, which leaves us with brown, Schache and mcdonald.
Why can't we use Fritsch as the leading forward lol. I just don't understand the unwavering belief we need 2 key talls no matter what their impact is.

We are balancing out our inability to let Jefferson develop in the VFL with TMac and Brown by putting Gawn, Grundy and Petty in the way of JVR in the seniors. It makes perfect sense.

Something the coaches need to work out, I guess they prefer Fritsch closer to because he is deadly within 40m.
Oh I see by lead up you ment more traditional like Brad Miller. I just don't think we use that player, we wanna run it to 70 and go long from there. Gawns the 'down the line' player

Oh I see by lead up you ment more traditional like Brad Miller. I just don't think we use that player, we wanna run it to 70 and go long from there. Gawns the 'down the line' player
Now we are on the same page, just run with jvr and Fritsch because we already have Gawn Grundy going through the forward line, then just chuck petty back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back