Training Pre-season Training 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

calling it now

"Duggan will be masten 2.0. Too weak to shrug a tackle. But is a alright kick but doesn't get enough possesions." - Random260 23/2/2017

giphy.gif

Duggan's showed glimpses of pure class/silk.

Duggan Sheed Venables nicely complement each other - just need to draft more young gun mids - drops off quickly after that!
Dare i say it, i think Hutchings can still improve and compliment those three nicely. At 25 he is still young enough and seems like a player who works very hard on becoming better and is super professional in the Priddis mould. Can see him being a very strong B grader extractor in the next 2 or 3 years

Dare i say it, i think Hutchings can still improve and compliment those three nicely. At 25 he is still young enough and seems like a player who works very hard on becoming better and is super professional in the Priddis mould. Can see him being a very strong B grader extractor in the next 2 or 3 years

We're not going to be a contender with the class of Hutchings unfortunately.

Great stop gap but needs to be phased out with great recruiting/trading.

We're not going to be a contender with the class of Hutchings unfortunately.

Great stop gap but needs to be phased out with great recruiting/trading.
We were a contender with the class of Hutchings? a game away from a flag.

I don't think I'd want him in my first choice centre bounce, but feel like he can provide a bit of grunt and do a job Rojo style whilst also hitting the scoreboard.. do you want Shuey and Sheed taking all the bumps and bruises..

We were a contender with the class of Hutchings? a game away from a flag.

I don't think I'd want him in my first choice centre bounce, but feel like he can provide a bit of grunt and do a job Rojo style whilst also hitting the scoreboard.. do you want Shuey and Sheed taking all the bumps and bruises..

And he was one of our best on GF day 'til he got dragged down to the throw it on the boot level of play by the team wide bedshit.

Kinda has to be now that we've all written Redden off :D

I hope Redden comes good because these two are vying for that primary, if not flashy, extractor role when Priddis retires.

Meet need to build a midfield that is versatile. We need inside mids that not only dominaate the clinches but can also use the ball well I. Space. We need wingers that can kick goals and win their own ball as well. It's also dangerous to build a midfield around 1 or two players.

Meet need to build a midfield that is versatile. We need inside mids that not only dominaate the clinches but can also use the ball well I. Space. We need wingers that can kick goals and win their own ball as well. It's also dangerous to build a midfield around 1 or two players.
We need to draft a few arrogant sure of themselves young mids. Who look at Masten and go back to the WAFL you spud you suck look out im coming through !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez....that sounds like Venerables and Shuey and even a bulked up Gaff and Duggan. I'd throw in Sheed's but for some reason he's forgotten how to kick goals like he did as a junior.:(

Last edited:
Duggan's showed glimpses of pure class/silk.

Duggan Sheed Venables nicely complement each other - just need to draft more young gun mids - drops off quickly after that!
Would be a long shot but we should've drafted banfield in the rookie draft instead of goiter

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Racial vilification had nothing to do with it and Lewis made no mention this in his defence. Both gave a similar excuse, both were found guilty therefore both are "biters". How can you differentiate or does it just suit you to do so?

One theory for the hate mail back in late August 1991 was that Lewis was being targeted following an incident in July that season which led to him being charged with biting Melbourne's Todd Viney. Lewis was responding to an alleged torrent of on-field racial abuse but in Lewis' defence, his club revised the term ''racist abuse'' to ''verbal abuse''.

Why? ''We had our reasons for leaving racism out of it,'' said the Eagles' then chief executive Brian Cook. ''One reason is, as an interstate club, we have to be very careful not to be seen as whingers.''

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...troversy-on-racial-taunts-20130419-2i5rc.html

Geez....that sounds like Venerables and Shuey and even a bulked up Gaff and Duggan. I'd throw in Sheed's but for some reason he's forgotten how to kick goals like he did as a junior.:(
Lol I just looked at my post for the first time and that's a mess and far worse than what I have posted before. That's what happens when you post while working lol.

How's all the heroes having a go at Masten ? I don't particularly like much what he brings to the club, but you know what ? I have never managed to get on a VFL/AFL list. So grow a ball and concede you are an inferior footballer and judging by the comments, human being . And yes, that was fun.

How's all the heroes having a go at Masten ? I don't particularly like much what he brings to the club, but you know what ? I have never managed to get on a VFL/AFL list. So grow a ball and concede you are an inferior footballer and judging by the comments, human being . And yes, that was fun.
Masten is doing alright, most people are jelly.

One theory for the hate mail back in late August 1991 was that Lewis was being targeted following an incident in July that season which led to him being charged with biting Melbourne's Todd Viney. Lewis was responding to an alleged torrent of on-field racial abuse but in Lewis' defence, his club revised the term ''racist abuse'' to ''verbal abuse''.

Why? ''We had our reasons for leaving racism out of it,'' said the Eagles' then chief executive Brian Cook. ''One reason is, as an interstate club, we have to be very careful not to be seen as whingers.''

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...troversy-on-racial-taunts-20130419-2i5rc.html
The article does not state that Viney had racially abused Lewis and that was the direct reason for him biting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back