Admin Announcement Fred, long time BigFooty Admin, passed away on Saturday night. Funeral Sunday 30th at 1pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Really sad to hear about Fred.

His posting was terrific. A frugal economy with words but nailing the effectiveness of the post.

When those mighty Saints eventually lift the Premiership cup I'm sure he'll be looking down proud as punch.

RIP.

So sad. Started on BigFooty almost exactly the same time as me. I think this place was like an online family for him and gave him a sense of purpose.

Had many discussions with Fred over the years. An absolute BigFooty Titan in terms of what he contributed to the BigFooty we know today.

RIP Fred
Yep, Fred started on Bigfooty the same time as I did. We had many great conversations, didn't always agree on somethings, but we always respected each others opinions. Some of our PM's were hilarious. As you know, I don't get on BigFooty much these days but when I saw the news about Fred I just had to add my condolences. Fred was one of the good guys. Sweet dreams "Freddles".

I am so sorry to read the news. Fred was a fantastic person. We would often PM each other back in the old days, about 16 years ago after I joined BF. He was not only a Saints fan, but just about a saint himself. And he was one of the few BF members older than me! Memory eternal.

sb_zpskujplatq.jpeg

Last edited:
Ian's sister passed this on:

The funeral for Ian will be a graveside service at Echuca Cemetery on Sunday April 30 at 1pm.

Anyone from the Bigfooty community will be most welcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RIP Fred , sincere condolences to his family and friends , also to the wider BF community (those who knew him personally / or through the boards). My only interaction with Fred was through the SFA all too briefly , Fred's 400th and he kicked 7 on me :D. Reading many of the more experienced posters messages here go to show Fred must have been one of life's really true gentlemen.

RIP ,

Stuart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back