Admin Announcement Fred, long time BigFooty Admin, passed away on Saturday night. Funeral Sunday 30th at 1pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Far out, just saw this!

Terrible news, very sad. Really was like part of the furniture on this site with his presence over the years. Will be sorely missed. Condolences to his family and friends. :(

Vale Fred

My lasting memory was that he carried a big stick and an even bigger boot
And maybe a memorial board to celebrate and honor the many amazing individuals that make up this community

Last edited:
I tried to test Fred with the length of my signature a number of times but he got the last laugh and it means he's still alive in spirit with me every time I wish to change my signature ... If I try and go over the 4 line maximum I get a subtle reminder of his powers ... he's blocked my signature from ever going past those four lines.

Damn!

I felt the sting of his boot on more than one occasion, but he would always let me creep back in after a spell which shows that the man had a good heart.

Deepest sympathies to Ian's family and friends, particularly the folks around here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a cancer victim in remission I sympathise, I sincerely hope he got a classy send off today.

RIP Fred

Never knew this about you m8, explains a fair bit about your fighting spirit. Echo your thoughts in the last sentence of your post too.

Last edited:
I sincerely hope he got a classy send off today.
He did - I attended as a representative of BigFooty - as well as just wanting to attend because he was a good bloke and good friend.

His sister, gave a lovely speech, reminiscing from his childhood and their adventures on the beach at Rye with his canoe - 'scruffy' and his sometimes to peculiar way of doing things through to his final years including those spent on BigFooty. His grand daughter then gave a sweet speech.

Some more words were said and then followed the lowering of the coffin that was adorned by a saints scarf, whilst his relatives scattered saints pins on the coffin, all this to the tune of 'when the saints go marching in'

It was ceremony that was a beautiful, joyous celebration of Ian's life without being weighed down with over-sentimentality - in that it was a really fitting ceremony for Fred.

I had a chat Ian's daughter and sister and some other relatives after the ceremony and passed on both my condolences and that of the wider BigFooty community. But I needn't have - they have been reading this thread and I touched by the response that Fred's passing has received.

RIP Fred

Attachments

• fred.pdf
    812.6 KB · Views: 159
He did - I attended as a representative of BigFooty - as well as just wanting to attend because he was a good bloke and good friend.

His sister, gave a lovely speech, reminiscing from his childhood and their adventures on the beach at Rye with his canoe - 'scruffy' and his sometimes to peculiar way of doing things through to his final years including those spent on BigFooty. His grand daughter then gave a sweet speech.

Some more words were said and then followed the lowering of the coffin that was adorned by a saints scarf, whilst his relatives scattered saints pins on the coffin, all this to the tune of 'when the saints go marching in'

It was ceremony that was a beautiful, joyous celebration of Ian's life without being weighed down with over-sentimentality - in that it was a really fitting ceremony for Fred.

I had a chat Ian's daughter and sister and some other relatives after the ceremony and passed on both my condolences and that of the wider BigFooty community. But I needn't have - they have been reading this thread and I touched by the response that Fred's passing has received.

RIP Fred

Fantastic to hear Jim Boy, good job mate

Never knew this about you m8, explains a fair bit about your fighting spirit. Echo your thoughts in the last sentence of your post too.

Cheers Craffles, I have no intention of hijacking this thread or be disrespectful in Fred's memory, but having the arse cancer like Fred I understand the pain and hardship involved, I was lucky that's all.

Thank you very much for being one of this website's henchmen Fred and I am forever indebted to you for helping seeing over a website where being expressive, interesting, factual, different and fanatical over a myriad of topics are the foundations by which support this medium that we all type in and read.

This website has grown and grown and, because of yourself and others, myself and the rest of the BigFooty family have a patch of the World Wide Web to leave a comment here and there and furiously support our teams and other sports as well as furiously defend the opinions we all possess.

You may've had to intervene when things were frosty, testy, overboard, tense and very much off-topic but you did it because you were passionate about how this forum had to be operated and how the rules were meant to be strictly abode by.

Please keep JUBJUB in line boss.

Thank you.

Last edited:

RIP Fred

Thank you very much for attending on behalf of the community.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back