Autopsy Post Mortem vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

If Malthouse can get spuds like Paddy Stineford to play well.. and Buckley can't get the best rated midfield in the league to fire when it should be as easy as coaching with your eyes closed.. then reminisce for your final week at the westpac centre.

Loved ya as a player.. and that's where it ends.

I paid top dollar to travel with this team to Arizona in 2011.

In 2017 it has slid to its lowest point since 1999.

I'm out. Membership cancelled. That was a pitiful show of apathetic players and unskilled towards.

Seeya Eddie and Perty, you've failed the club big time

Cancelling your membership won't make an iota of a difference.........I get your pain though!

The Club added another membership to my 9 year old son this year even though I had auto renewal.......it only took me two months to get it cancelled :drunk:

Only at Collingwood.

Will admit I was a bucks supporter and had genuine hopes for finals this year, but with virtually no injuries a horrible start to the season and game plan that is bewildering to watch i have lost all hope.
I don't even enjoy watching us play and have been around long enough to remember the 90s well,just sad really....

Perhaps not, but maybe we'd move the ball a little better going inside 50 instead of bombing away half the time. When we don't bomb in we're marking it out wide majority of the time. Plus once the ball gets inside 50 it gets rebounded just as fast and usually results in a score. That's because the players don't want to work hard defensively, Fasolo, Broomhead, WHE, Moore and Cox are witches hats. None put on any pressure, if that's not a mental thing I don't know what is. It's up to the coach to drill it into the players to get that effort.

Or it's up to the players to work back defensively? Buckley can't physically get out there and run for them. Maybe professional players should be accountable their performances also (as should Buckley).

I'd love us to move the ball better inside 50. At the end of the day though, the job of the gameplan is to give us enough opportunities to win the game. I'm not going to pretend it's perfect but can anyone honestly say that we didn't have the opportunities to win this game? There's only so much that can be done from the box. A gameplan that generates many more inside 50s and more scoring shots is going to win more often than not.

Wow Sco you got all those positives from that game?

You're are a better person than me..........two unaceptable games in row.........somethings got to give!

It's time to pull the pin.............
You can look at most games and see a lot of positives, but unfortunately there is a lot of negatives as well, starting with our forward set up

We have the crappiest game plan and coach in the afl.
Ben Hart spilled the beans this week, not that he said anything that was a shock to us. I suspect most of us believed that was the case.
Sack him now! If we had a half decent coach we would be 3 or 4 wins this year.
In a worse case scenario get a interim coach until the end of the year. Or see if Roos wants to take over now
Sack also however decided to sign Mayne on a 4yr deal.

This is petty from me but:

To all those who gave the realists s**t for commenting on how poor we are over the past 3/4 years. What do you have to say now? What pithy excuse can be concocted now? This experiment has failed and Buckley must leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

******* spot on

copped plenty on here for stating what was the bleeding obvious now 3 years ago

for those who called me a disloyal campaigner GAGF

this club is a rabble

Actually I can see a plan unfolding.........

Everyone here is calling for Bucks head (although I think as someone who we recruited on the basis of 'playing with a big club' and subsequently failed to put a side good enough to win a GF around, we probably did owe him the chance to coach - that said he has had long enough and it five years now and we have gone backwards each one).

Later this week the pundits will be talking about how bad the Pies are and offering odds on Geelong toweling us by 100+ points

Bucks and the side will have a deep and meaningful heart to heart (maybe they do some goal shooting practice too)

They play against the cats like a team possessed and win - the pressure is off

The following week the pundits are on about how the Pies have turned around

We go into the game against the Blues with a modicum of confidence

The goalkicking yips return, Pendles goes down with an injury, the approach to the forward line resumes its approximation to the scatter theory, and we forget tackling - to go down by 7 goals to the worst team in the AFL.

Bucks announces he can't take it anymore and apologises to the fans for 5 years of pure torture, and wishes the next coach all the best, while Harvs gets a chance to take the reins until the end of the year.

Eddie goes vermilion and his kids ask him to resign before he has a coronary event. He is given appropriate accolades and thanks by the club for his tenure and for lifting us out of the quagmire of the Tony Shaw, Kevin Rose, era.

Harvs tells the boys to just had out and enjoy their footy for the rest of the season - they start playing exhilarating precise footy, but just fail to make the finals (despite beating all finalists on the way in).

......I am losing it....

One of my boys even asked if he could follow another team today :(
Yep my kids are taking an unhealthy interest in the Tigers and the last 24 hours... hell the last two months haven't helped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of my boys even asked if he could follow another team today :(

It's fair to say not too many kids, who aren't influenced by their parents, are choosing to follow Collingwood at the moment. It should be enough of a reason alone to make the call on the coach.

What the hell is up with Pendles?

If he's injured he shouldn't be playing.

Not quite that simple. Can't just blame the cattle even though they are partially responsible. Why recruit players that are unable to kick, or why not have the coaches focus on improving our conversion?

I actually agree with you. Have a look at the posts in here though, it's clear that most are happy to blame one person (the coach) and that is the one irrefutable reason that we lost. Only black and white, no shades of grey.

Well ìf you look at the fixture, after 10 rounds we may be 4 and 6. Im counting a win against Hawthorn in that 4, but they may well smash us....again!

Don't count on that, we only beat Swans by 1 point and they had a younger team in then Hawks.

Our game style does not allow us to put sides away.

Even when everything goes perfectly like Swans 1st quarter we only managed 4.4. Under MM that domination would of seen 10.4.

This gives teams belief and hope that as long as they keep working they will break us as we are capable of sustaining for more then 2 quarters.

He's disposable wasn't so so. Reason why he didn't get any votes for the medal.

Nearly 40 disposals, 9 clearances, 11 tackles, overall efficiency of over 70% on a wet day. Things would have bee uglier without him.

Just has an odd tendency to handball at people's toes. We can't afford the subsequent turnovers.

This is petty from me but:

To all those who gave the realists s**t for commenting on how poor we are over the past 3/4 years. What do you have to say now? What pithy excuse can be concocted now? This experiment has failed and Buckley must leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see your point, but we've been a bit of a tease as a side in recent years. Our best looks good and at times we've competed well, so I can certainly see why the club stuck by Buckley in the hope we can put together some consistently good footy. Unfortunately with the benefit of a few years it's obvious that we've failed to overcome our short-fallings and haven't taken our game to the next level or developed/evolved our style. While we don't have much ready to go depth and I don't think our best side is very far off it's now clear that we don't have right coach and/or coaching group to take us forward.

Unless a miracle happens Bucks is gone. But why don't we bring up Hine? He drafts these guys. Too many spuds.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He should have a blowtorch applied to his arse imo.

Buckley may well be a cause of a lot of our issues but I also hold belief that our list is not what some believe it to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back