Round 22 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

2507, into the top 600 @ 598

Top scorer this round didn't have Nankervis :huh:
They are also ranked like 6000 and only had 2 players in their squad who didn't play this week in Grundy and Newman IIRC, so obviously hoarded trades and played very conservatively.

Some average DTers load up for this sort of thing or load up on one/two bye weeks etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True, but if you come in at Rd3 you could put together a better squad than guessing on rookies for Rd1. Take Newman for example; a lot of folks didn't start with him because he wasn't playing Rd1. If you started Rd3 he'd deadset be in your team. For a lot of us that would save a few correctional trades at the start of the year.

True, but if you come in at Rd3 you could put together a better squad than guessing on rookies for Rd1. Take Newman for example; a lot of folks didn't start with him because he wasn't playing Rd1. If you started Rd3 he'd deadset be in your team. For a lot of us that would save a few correctional trades at the start of the year.
I agree. Round 3 is the only time which allows you to put together a competitive squad. Any later than that makes it impossible.
In saying that though, I did that a few times many years ago yet the squad I put together after round 3 never proved to be any more successful than the one I had done beforehand.

I agree. Round 3 is the only time which allows you to put together a competitive squad. Any later than that makes it impossible.
In saying that though, I did that a few times many years ago yet the squad I put together after round 3 never proved to be any more successful than the one I had done beforehand.
Let's just say that I "know" someone that put a side together after the last bye round. Has outscored my number 1 side for the last 2 weeks and has close to a completed side. I think this might influence my trading strategy a little for next year. Missing the points for the first 2 weeks though is gonna mean you are no chance at the overall. Not possible to make up that gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back