Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

Interesting. For all the talk about Parker disappearing under the pump and not being fit to lick JPK's boots, in the games Josh missed, Parker went over 110 fantasy points each time.

Hanners, Lloyd, Hewett and Heeney by contrast were down on their season averages in those games.

Hmmm....

Interesting. For all the talk about Parker disappearing under the pump and not being fit to lick JPK's boots, in the games Josh missed, Parker went over 110 fantasy points each time.

Hanners, Lloyd, Hewett and Heeney by contrast were down on their season averages in those games.

Hmmm....

Yes, yes indeed. Parker is terrible.
Just like our coach will never lead us to a flag, except for that time he did, but that was soooooo long ago it doesn't really count, it also doesn't count that we dug ourselves out of a zero & six hole, the only thing that counts is anytime things don't go as planned, those times, right there are indisputable fact that he is no good as a coach.

Because I'm not going to stand for this...this...this making finals every year, what an absolute joke. Fancy making finals every year, I mean, what's the point?

<jokes>

Yeah he might well win, but youd vote from him in games he didnt play, think you like him more than vonn

I'm leaning towards Buddy winning it now but will stick with the Parker tip.

I'm glad he won the B&F, I thought he was our best player for the majority of the year.

He is the true barometer for our club in my opinion.

I know why, but I don't know why he is such a whipping boy when he is one of the top inside mids in the league and his play every year since 2013 has shown that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's trade him! No good. Can't contest. Can't kick. Too slow. But we'll get heaps for him!

Congrats Parks. I've stood by you and will continue to do so. Only 24! You are a gun!

I'm glad he won the B&F, I thought he was our best player for the majority of the year.

He is the true barometer for our club in my opinion.

I know why, but I don't know why he is such a whipping boy when he is one of the top inside mids in the league and his play every year since 2013 has shown that.

who are the top 5 inside mids in the game out of interest

Only 24 years old, a club vice captain, 2 club best & fairests, All Australian in 2016 & Premiership player.
A future captain if he stays healthy & if he continues his growth as a leader & manages to win a few more B & Fs, he will go down as one of our all time greats.

All this for pick 40.
Couldn't care less if he doesn't become a top 20 player. As long as he is one of our best.

Only 24 years old, a club vice captain, 2 club best & fairests, All Australian in 2016 & Premiership player.
A future captain if he stays healthy & if he continues his growth as a leader & manages to win a few more B & Fs, he will go down as one of our all time greats.

All this for pick 40.
Couldn't care less if he doesn't become a top 20 player. As long as he is one of our best.

He was excellent when acting captain

Even if I apparently hate him teddy

who are the top 5 inside mids in the game out of interest

Dangerfield
Fyfe
Martin
Kennedy
Bontempelli

Then you have these guys (no order):
Parker
Wines
Oliver
T Mitchell
Selwood
Cripps
M Crouch
Neale
Ward
Sloane
Cotchin
Cunnington

Back at you, how many would you pick ahead of Parker?

Last edited:
Dangerfield
Fyfe
Kennedy
Sloane
Parker

Then you have these guys (no order):
Wines
Oliver
T Mitchell
Selwood
Cripps
M Crouch
Neale
Ward
Bontempelli
Cotchin
Cunnington

Bont had a down year but I could argue him as high as 4th.

Back at you, how many would you pick ahead of Parker?
No Martin?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back