Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

I
Dangerfield
Fyfe
Kennedy
Sloane
Parker

Then you have these guys (no order):
Wines
Oliver
T Mitchell
Selwood
Cripps
M Crouch
Neale
Ward
Bontempelli
Cotchin
Cunnington

Bont had a down year but I could argue him as high as 4th.

Back at you, how many would you pick ahead of Parker?
i would have Mitchell, Selwood, Bont and ward to start with
Just my opinion though

Luke's birthday today. 25 y.o coming into his prime years. I'm tipping next year to be his best season yet.

Could he win his third Skilton at the age of 25? :eek:

Random post but I was playing basketball at my local court and Parker and a few of his mates rocked up and started playing. I got to shoot around with him for about 30-45 minutes. I can confirm he is a much better footballer than basketballer. Found out that Tippo can dunk and one of his mates made a joke about him not performing in the big moments. I had a silent chuckle at that one.

Random post but I was playing basketball at my local court and Parker and a few of his mates rocked up and started playing. I got to shoot around with him for about 30-45 minutes. I can confirm he is a much better footballer than basketballer. Found out that Tippo can dunk and one of his mates made a joke about him not performing in the big moments. I had a silent chuckle at that one.
Cheers Dirk! :p:thumbsu:

Dangerfield
Fyfe
Martin
Kennedy
Bontempelli

Parker
Wines
Oliver
T Mitchell
Selwood
Cripps
M Crouch
Neale
Ward
Sloane
Cotchin
Cunnington

I would honestly only have Fyfe, Danger, Martin, Kennedy and Sloane ahead of Parker. And even Martin I wouldn't have had ahead of Parker until this year when he came of age at 26. Parker's best is better than most of the players you listed in that second group. It's just insane some people on here want to crucify Parker just for not being an all-time great.

Dangerfield
Fyfe
Martin
Kennedy
Bontempelli

Parker
Wines
Oliver
T Mitchell
Selwood
Cripps
M Crouch
Neale
Ward
Sloane
Cotchin
Cunnington

oh i never answered

off the top of the head so might miss some

Mids id take ahead of Parker in no order

Sloane
Pendlebury
Sidebottom
Z Merrett
Fyfe
Dangerfield
J Selwood
Ablett
Kelly
Coniglio
Ward
T Mitchell
Oliver
Martin
Cotchin
Kennedy
Hannebery
Bontempelli
Heeney
Cripps
M Crouch
Whitfield
Omeara if he were fit
J Viney
Wines

last couple would be speculative that they will pass him long term

On par with parker id have guys like

Beams
Rockliff
Gibbs
Murphy
Treloar
Heppell
Neale
Shiel
N Jones
Ebert
Gray
Shuey
Gaff

I'm absolutely 100% happy to have Parker as a Swan midfielder because when the big money was being thrown around from other clubs to go back home, Parker was 100% happy to be a Swan.

After all that, to me it's irrelevant who is on a par with him or better than him on paper from another club because let's face it, many of those names above too have had some seriously bad patches of form when it's mattered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm absolutely 100% happy to have Parker as a Swan midfielder because when the big money was being thrown around from other clubs to go back home, Parker was 100% happy to be a Swan.

After all that, to me it's irrelevant who is on a par with him or better than him on paper from another club because let's face it, many of those names above too have had some seriously bad patches of form when it's mattered.

And the swans paid him well to do so, he isnt here on food stamps

oh i never answered

off the top of the head so might miss some

Mids id take ahead of Parker in no order

Sloane
Pendlebury
Sidebottom
Z Merrett
Fyfe
Dangerfield
J Selwood
Ablett
Kelly
Coniglio
Ward
T Mitchell
Oliver
Martin
Cotchin
Kennedy
Hannebery
Bontempelli
Heeney
Cripps
M Crouch
Whitfield
Omeara if he were fit
J Viney
Wines

last couple would be speculative that they will pass him long term

On par with parker id have guys like

Beams
Rockliff
Gibbs
Murphy
Treloar
Heppell
Neale
Shiel
N Jones
Ebert
Gray
Shuey
Gaff
I hope you don't mean you'd give up mid 20yo Parker for 30something Ablett?! If so, I'll have whatever you're having!!

Yeah but he took unders.
What were the offers he received from other teams, which teams, and how long were the contracts?

What is his salary here?

Parker is having a fantastic start to the season. Has been our best midfielder and at this current rate I have him as a smokey for the Brownlow

Have a few bob on him at $51. He won't win but worth it in an open season at the price.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back