Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

5 rounds in and already 7 points behind second place. The injuries are threatening to ruin our season already and it started a month ago.

George Blackwood to be sponsored by Balfours ??

Could think of plenty worse......

Actually no I couldn't

It's all a bit 'meh' to me right now. Not even confident of a result next week even with Baro out.

Absalonsen out has killed us. Playing Blackwood every week has killed us. Having half our starting XI out for almost a month has killed us.

I don't see how we can finish top 2 with how good Sydney and City are. Obviously a lot can change quickly (our championship season) so not giving up hope yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blackwood has been fine, was better than Baba when he was on the pitch. The latter is a better player no doubt, but he's got to get miles in his legs.

Can't argue with that, but he's leading the line of an inexperienced side. Does need a goal but he's doing a pretty good job
I would say he has done OK. He's missed a number of chances so far this season and as a striker that's not good enough. He's only young and not used to leading the line so I'm not going to give him too much s**t. We just aren't going anywhere with him leading the line though so it's absolutely essential Baba stays fit this season or we are screwed.

Absalonsen is the key IMO. Mileusnic isn't a winger and Kitto is a tried but Johan is class.

Reckon Matmour will benefit from having Johan there too, he looks a bit too clever for our young guys

Our passing and vision is so poor this season compared to the previous handful of seasons. No more darting runs, lobs over the top or to the wings with precision.

And Garrucio’s and Mileuisnic’s crossing has been so bad to be almost comical. No way anyone is going to score with those deliveries. You can guarantee that Garrucio will get himself in a nice position on the wing then bang it into the legs of the first defender or pass between two United players to no one. Hard to watch.

Can’t wait to get the injured players back.

Our passing and vision is so poor this season compared to the previous handful of seasons. No more darting runs, lobs over the top or to the wings with precision.

And Garrucio’s and Mileuisnic’s crossing has been so bad to be almost comical. No way anyone is going to score with those deliveries. You can guarantee that Garrucio will get himself in a nice position on the wing then bang it into the legs of the first defender or pass between two United players to no one. Hard to watch.

Can’t wait to get the injured players back.
Mileusnic isn't a winger, so it's no shock, but he's still better than Kitto. Garuccio is a strange one, he seems to want to stop and take guys on, rather than backing his ability, which he does have.

Disagree on your first point though, we've got into great positions in every game and stuffed it. I think we've had more shots than most other sides.

Mileusnic isn't a winger, so it's no shock, but he's still better than Kitto. Garuccio is a strange one, he seems to want to stop and take guys on, rather than backing his ability, which he does have.

Disagree on your first point though, we've got into great positions in every game and stuffed it. I think we've had more shots than most other sides.
We may get it in the box a lot, but the way we are doing it is horrible most of the time. Players will ignore the obvious, better option to pass to the wrong option or attempt the right option and completely muck it up by over or under hitting the ball, missing their target or fluffing their shot on goal.

Even Isaias’ crossing and through balls have gone downhill. Marrone’s crossing has declined.

Maybe the coach is concentrating too much on fitness and neglecting the skills? I don’t know, but it is frustrating to watch.

Absolonsen makes a world of difference. Maybe that’s the problem. In the past we had highly skilled players all playing together (Carrusca/Cirio/Isaias, etc) that covered the lesser skilled players deficiencies and maybe even elevated their game. So, when we finally have Absolonsen/Matmour/Adlung/Baba/Gulum/Elrich all in the same team, things should turn for the better. Hopefully, if they can all get on the park.

To me it's all down to shot accuracy

I wish it was that simple.
It is though, if we hit the target at the league average we'd have about 8 more goals.

The ball has been served on a silver platter to guys like Mileusnic, Blackwood and even Baba last night. Last 2 games we've tried passing the pill into the net instead, And that's worse.

blackwood doesn't read the play well is always on the wrong side of the defender and doesn't fight hard enough to get into the better position. 20 Mins of Baba last night was better than anything Blackwood produced this season.

I'm sure once we get most of the 1st team back we'll look alot better.

Back