Training 2017/2018 Pre-season Thread

Who will be our most improved for 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointed to hear he will be fighting David "Golden Ticket" Mackay for a spot this year then :(

You do realise he has been fighting D-mac for spots all his career and he still got picked in the team well past people, including you, were calling for him to be dropped. Oh Scorpus, don't let facts get in the way of a grudge.

You do realise he has been fighting D-mac for spots all his career and he still got picked in the team well past people, including you, were calling for him to be dropped. Oh Scorpus, don't let facts get in the way of a grudge.

I was being facetious and cynical

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I have this right, then people are expecting Doedee, Keath, Galluchi, Poholke, Milera to all play a significant amount of games next season, and Signorello to play a few as well. That's after fitting Gibbs into our team and discounting the possibility of pick 12 being a ready-made player. That's a lot of new faces in a side that ran 2nd and won the minor premiership last season. Who do they replace?
I'm not knocking any one of those players as they are all good value, although there are question marks in my mind whether or not Milera wants it badly enough.

Crows have a history of making changes every year. around 5 changes. Most of those players will get a chance.
Mackay will struggle not best 22 anymore. Last year proved they were ready to drop him, he just played well when he found his way back due to injuries. and injuries again helped him keep his spot in the Finals (Smith)
Knight, will need a huge lift on last year, more so with Gibson in the squad and improvements from the 2nd year players mentioned
McGovern for Otten. and we also have Fogerty who can cover for McGovern in 2018.
Doedee, Gallucci and Milera, to replace Lever, CC and Smith.
Gibbs for MacKay.
Thats 5 changes from last years Grand final side.
Then there is Pressure on
Atkins who will need to improve otherwise Signorello, Jarman will play.
Douglas safe to start with if his form drops then Pohokle would be in.
Also Injury coverage.
We now have good coverage for Brown in Murthy
Talia and Hartigan coverage = Keith,
Even Eddie has an apprentice, in Jarman and Davis

Crows have a history of making changes every year. around 5 changes. Most of those players will get a chance.
Mackay will struggle not best 22 anymore. Last year proved they were ready to drop him, he just played well when he found his way back due to injuries. and injuries again helped him keep his spot in the Finals (Smith)
Knight, will need a huge lift on last year, more so with Gibson in the squad and improvements from the 2nd year players mentioned
McGovern for Otten. and we also have Fogerty who can cover for McGovern in 2018.
Doedee, Gallucci and Milera, to replace Lever, CC and Smith.
Gibbs for MacKay.
Thats 5 changes from last years Grand final side.
Then there is Pressure on
Atkins who will need to improve otherwise Signorello, Jarman will play.
Douglas safe to start with if his form drops then Pohokle would be in.
Also Injury coverage.
We now have good coverage for Brown in Murthy
Talia and Hartigan coverage = Keith,
Even Eddie has an apprentice, in Jarman and Davis

Question then is have we peaked was last year and the year before the best we would get, and are we on the decline?????

Question then is have we peaked was last year and the year before the best we would get, and are we on the decline?????

Don't believe we have reached our ceiling. and don't believe we will. (no club will be perfect enough to reach the ceiling)
But Continuous growth will keep us close and within reach for a few years. How long depends on the management of the club and the financial situation. or fiscal management.
I know a few had a laughed at the Organic growth comment, (not one I would have used) but winning cultures and winning teams comes from within the club the heart of the club, Mind you a bit of cream from outside does help if used the right way.

No, we are not on the decline. Current depth is good, Future Father sons and academy kids are looking good.
In saying that the competition is also more even, but we should win more than 14 games,

Don't believe we have reached our ceiling. and don't believe we will. (no club will be perfect enough to reach the ceiling)
But Continuous growth will keep us close and within reach for a few years. How long depends on the management of the club and the financial situation. or fiscal management.
I know a few had a laughed at the Organic growth comment, (not one I would have used) but winning cultures and winning teams comes from within the club the heart of the club, Mind you a bit of cream from outside does help if used the right way.

No, we are not on the decline. Current depth is good, Future Father sons and academy kids are looking good.
In saying that the competition is also more even, but we should win more than 14 games,

Time will tell on your predication too early to say either way for me, this year will prove you right or wrong

But if we do decline we can pretty much say we had a great crop of players and can the new comers hold up the standard

I have this week off.

I will go down to West Lakes with my skinfold calipers. We have 43 “fit players” plus Brodie Smith. I predict about 32 players in the main group but who will the missing 11 be?

Well..... 32 in the main group, 8 handballing on the boundary line, so three in Bolivia.

Many wearing santa hats so it will take a while to work out who is training

Last edited:
Back