No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just edited my post before you posted this. I'll try find the Ablett one too.
Phew got in just in time to show how well my memory works - and just back from dinner at the RSL!!
:D

Might only have been lolnorf tonight, but 2 ruthless wins will have Richmond up & about again early on

Compare to us who struggled for various reasons.
Including lots injuries
And many players returning from post season surgeries and long term injuries
Players not fit enough
And coaches reshuffle

If Richmond sustain many injuries they will struggle

Just been cleaning up some cupboards and came across my daughters old jumper - she is now 26 and thinking she was about 10 when she got these autographs (Darcy being her fav) - sitting here trying to figure out the names...guessing no 10 is eagleton....darcy is on the right side of the no 4...above him is no 26???...no 34 below him????? (maybe Skinner).....left side of the no 4 can not figure it out at all (think it is no 1)...any helpers?

20180308_162401[1].jpg

Just been cleaning up some cupboards and came across my daughters old jumper - she is now 26 and thinking she was about 10 when she got these autographs (Darcy being her fav) - sitting here trying to figure out the names...guessing no 10 is eagleton....darcy is on the right side of the no 4...above him is no 26???...no 34 below him????? (maybe Skinner).....left side of the no 4 can not figure it out at all (think it is no 1)...any helpers?

View attachment 467426
26 Tim Walsh?? 34 Wade Skipper??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Killer Differentials ( Dogs vs Tigers) 2017.

Marks Inside 50: Dogs (Minus 7) Vs Tigers (Plus 69)
Metres Gained: Dogs (Minus 1,528) Vs Tigers (Plus 5,003)
Tackles Inside 50: Dogs (Minus 37) Vs Tigers (Plus 100)
Kicks: Dogs (Minus 174) Vs Tigers (Plus 105)

Interestingly the Tigers were poor in the Hit Out Differential
at (Minus 348) to the Dogs (Minus 239).

The Killer Differentials ( Dogs vs Tigers) 2017.

Marks Inside 50: Dogs (Minus 7) Vs Tigers (Plus 69)
Metres Gained: Dogs (Minus 1,528) Vs Tigers (Plus 5,003)
Tackles Inside 50: Dogs (Minus 37) Vs Tigers (Plus 100)
Kicks: Dogs (Minus 174) Vs Tigers (Plus 105)

Interestingly the Tigers were poor in the Hit Out Differential
at (Minus 348) to the Dogs (Minus 239).
What were they in 2016?

At least two of them did not exist on footywire in 2016 so
can't help you DW, but bathe in them for 2017.;)
That's a shame. You would have a stronger case for them as killer differentials if you could demonstrate we were strong on them in 2016 and went backwards on them in 2017 (as I suspect we did).

The problem is that there are some stats that surprisingly don't always bear a strong positive correlation to AFL success, such as the one you mentioned: Hit Outs.

Good hypothesis, but case yet to be proven IMO.

That's a shame. You would have a stronger case for them as killer differentials if you could demonstrate we were strong on them in 2016 and went backwards on them in 2017 (as I suspect we did).

The problem is that there are some stats that surprisingly don't always bear a strong positive correlation to AFL success, such as the one you mentioned: Hit Outs.

Good hypothesis, but case yet to be proven IMO.
I did the full list of differentials between Richmond and the
Bulldogs in 2017, but those four illustrate most clearly why
they were premiers. Risk in ball movement and forward
pressure applied by the unconventional forwards, a little
like the kick and chase in rugby.

...how would he have gone if he'd stayed
If he had have stayed healthy, he may have had a slightly better output than his 2017 season, and perhaps on par with his 2016 season. I don't think he would have had as much of a point to prove had he stayed at the Whitten Oval.

Granted, not being 100% fit would have contributed a little bit to him not going anywhere near his heights of 2015, but a lot of it also had to do with his (lack of) mental fortitude.

Mentally, he should be in a much better head space now that he is no longer at the Whitten Oval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back