Predict the bottom four at the end of 2018

Which teams will be in the bottom four at the end of 2018?

• Adelaide

Votes: 14 1.6%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 531 60.4%
  • Carlton

Votes: 603 68.6%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 144 16.4%
  • Essendon

Votes: 26 3.0%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 208 23.7%
  • Geelong

Votes: 17 1.9%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 698 79.4%
  • GWS

Votes: 9 1.0%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 98 11.1%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 17 1.9%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 702 79.9%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 16 1.8%
  • Richmond

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 105 11.9%
  • Sydney

Votes: 13 1.5%
  • West Coast

Votes: 110 12.5%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 61 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some astute judges who were stupid enough to make outlandish statements like "North for bottom 2" and "North won't win a game". That was ignorance, because unlike almost every other team, North haven't finished on the bottom for decades. Haven't tanked, haven't thrown games, haven't bottomed out. I'm proud of my club for having that culture, which is why those of us who support them never believed that this year would be so bad.
Mate i agree, it was smart moves getting some good players into your team plus the development of younger players, Waite, Higgins, Brown all playing great footy. Ziebell moved forward. Good moves and the coach deserves a lot of credit for the progress of the team

Fair enough. I haven't read through the thread so wasn't aware that's what people were saying. I thought you were having a crack at those who thought North might be bottom 4 this year, which was a fair enough prediction to make at the end of last season. But yeah, anyone that legitimately thought that North wouldn't win a game this year is a moron and deserves ridicule.

I will admit to being wrong about North. They've gained a lot of my respect for their ability to remain competitive without having to bottom out and stock up on high picks. You guys have got some of the most underrated players in the league too - Higgins and Cunnington as the standouts for me - love watching them play. Enjoy the season man; hope to see your mob involved in finals.
Cheers.

Looking forward to what should be a cracking game on Saturday. A real 8 point game.

Question. Do you think that given your demonstrated terrible knowledge of football, you are not in a position to identify a good player?

I think it’s highly likely talent identification is outside the scope of your abilities.
How the hell do i have a terrible knowledge of football? What because i wrongly predicted your club would have a s**t year? On paper IMO Nth had the weakest list coming into 2018 & IMO that list is majorly over-achieving! Or is it because i said Nth doesn't have any "Superstar" players? If your going to be a nancy & get offended by me stating things about Nth that are MY OPINION then the internet is not for you my friend. But dont attack my knowledge of football because i didnt predict Nth would win 7 games to date. NO ONE would've picked that, you know why? because no one rated Nths list coming into 2018. If you want to chat football thats fine but dont EVER personally attack me or my footy knowledge again champ.

How the hell do i have a terrible knowledge of football? What because i wrongly predicted your club would have a s**t year? On paper IMO Nth had the weakest list coming into 2018 & IMO that list is majorly over-achieving! Or is it because i said Nth doesn't have any "Superstar" players? If your going to be a nancy & get offended by me stating things about Nth that are MY OPINION then the internet is not for you my friend. But dont attack my knowledge of football because i didnt predict Nth would win 7 games to date. NO ONE would've picked that, you know why? because no one rated Nths list coming into 2018. If you want to chat football thats fine but dont EVER personally attack me or my footy knowledge again champ.
It's just a bit of fun, mate. Could have happened to any of us but you have to admit that tipping North to win 0 games is hilariously wrong. You went one way, reality went another. Having West Coast in your bottom 4 bracket too is just icing.

I mean, I thought North would finish bottom 4, too, but I didn't tip them to have the worst season in 50 years.

I still don’t actually believe that you were so out of touch with reality that you thought North would go 0-22 and buck 65 years of no team going winless in a season. Especially not a team that won 6 games the year before and lost 5 by under a kick. A team that beat the grand finalists by 10 goals.

It must have been a troll as no one is that stupid.

I still don’t actually believe that you were so out of touch with reality that you thought North would go 0-22 and buck 65 years of no team going winless in a season. Especially not a team that won 6 games the year before and lost 5 by under a kick. A team that beat the grand finalists by 10 goals.

It must have been a troll as no one is that stupid.
Someone made a prediction you didn't like, and your team disproved. Well past time to move on.

Someone made a prediction you didn't like, and your team disproved. Well past time to move on.
Normally I tend to agree but Im all for North posters taking the piss out of peoples predictions gone horribly wrong.
Youve only been on here since March but no matter where North is on the ladder there is a tendency to downplay our form and players.

It doesnt link back to anything in particular - its a mainboard thing.
Play on I say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Normally I tend to agree but Im all for North posters taking the piss out of peoples predictions gone horribly wrong.
Youve only been on here since March but no matter where North is on the ladder there is a tendency to downplay our form and players.

It doesnt link back to anything in particular - its a mainboard thing.
Play on I say.
So you gonna drag up the myriad of posts that predicted doom and gloom for North and mock every one? Or choose at random and pile on a poster until they react and cop a whack from the mods.

Surely enjoying the success is the best revenge. It must be great to watch your guys playing really good footy.

Incorrect. As I have previously stated, realistic dire predictions are fine. North will finish last. No problem. North won’t win more than a couple of games. If you say so.

But north won’t win 1 out of 22 games with a bottom 4 draw was blatant trolling or something so daft that it deserves ridicule.

So you gonna drag up the myriad of posts that predicted doom and gloom for North and mock every one? Or choose at random and pile on a poster until they react and cop a whack from the mods.

Surely enjoying the success is the best revenge. It must be great to watch your guys playing really good footy.
Usually the more outlandish ones get pointed out by other supporters but as per usual when your team is up and about you are too happy to sit there and actively seek out s**t posts to hang crap on.
I mean how much anger can you bottle that your footy team performing cant bring you joy?

I agree with your sentiments but as long as this page thrives and prospers, North will forever be perennially hammered.
Happens here, happens in the media and its played a major part in fuelling our on field success thus far in 2018.

Usually the more outlandish ones get pointed out by other supporters but as per usual when your team is up and about you are too happy to sit there and actively seek out s**t posts to hang crap on.
I mean how much anger can you bottle that your footy team performing cant bring you joy?

I agree with your sentiments but as long as this page thrives and prospers, North will forever be perennially hammered.
Happens here, happens in the media and its played a major part in fuelling our on field success thus far in 2018.
I do get the negativity around North and honestly I dont react well to perceived irrational criticism of my team, so I get the potential for hypocracy. It's easier to jusge without emotional involvement obviously.

I dont like bullying though.and some of this is heading in that direction to me. I've said my peace and have no interest in growing a shitfight.

OK all of the insulting aside, what happened to Nth between Round 11 2016 & round 22 2017? The dozen rounds either side of that period were pretty good??

What happened is, people just remember North getting rid of a lot of experience (Petrie, Harvey, Firritto, Dal Santo) and losing Wells.
People forget that happened at the end of 2016 and last season was the first step in a new direction.
Winning 6 games, losing 5 by a goal or less and the natural improvement in a young group meant that the North doom and gloom predictions were unfounded.
I never really got it...we won 6 last year with a harder draw than this season, we’re going to get natural improvement from younger players, bottom 4 was a baseless prediction

We have Richmond, GC, Collingwood, North, WCE (home) and WB in the first 6 weeks.

There is no reason we can't win 4-5 of those games. Our first 10 weeks we usually play our best football before the youngesters tire. I think we'll go 3-3 and after that we'd only need another 3-5 wins to avoid bottom 4.

The loss of Docherty will be hard but he plays an easily replaceable position. Gibbs will hurt the most but the return of Cripps and the addition of Kennedy plus natural development of our youth should be able to cover him.

Think North and GC are the only locks for bottom 4. I personally have Brisbane pushing for the 8. It's hard to tell this early (obviously).
Nearly

Three seem obvious enough in north, Gold Coast and Brisbane. Just where they are at for the moment, though the lions may surprise.

I reluctantly put Carlton in despite building a good young list. It's still young, have lost Gibbs and docherty, and I think the 2 WA teams (who I'm predicting low finishes for) will still have that home town edge to keep them out of the bottom 4.

3/4
Like most, did not see North making the 8 by a long stretch.

And of all the teams to not be sure on, it was Carlton....
I had the Saints as my next candidate but thought they had enough run and carry to catch a few teams out.

Dons and Dogs are by no means safe and out of calculations.

Back