World Cup 2018 FIFA World Cup-Group C Thread (Australia, France, Peru, Denmark)

Remove this Banner Ad

Best first up game since 2006 v Japan when we won. 2010 Germany game losing 0-4. meant we were going to be knocked out, 2014 played well against Chile but losing 1-3 when it should have been 1-2 and maybe even 2-2 meant noway were we going to get past Netherlands or Spain. We are still alive.

VAR adds nothing to any sport.... just scrap it and trust the officials like we have forever instead of undermining them

And refs get a lot of s**t either way.

Too bad Bert is gonna retire after this WC (I think)

Why would you ever settle for a loss with the possibility of a draw/win
The gulf in talent between us and France would be worth about 4 goals. Of course I'm disappointed that we couldn't hold on for a point but there were a s**t load more positives than negatives in our performance.

Can we keep this manager and get rid of Arnold that’s how we should play as a national team

Was proud of the effort and quietly dirty on the officianting....

Thats Aussie in my book :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was no rubbish calls the pen was there and players go down at any contact we should be doing the same
Pen was not there. You can make contact and it not be a foul.

It wasn't a clear and obvious error by the ref so shouldn't be given.

Was Pogba's goal clean? Looked like it took a deflection off the Berich's shin.

My thoughts. They weren't the better side and the VAR comes up short again with their penalty. If the player is already on the way down prior to the clip of the heel then why is it not ruled a dive instead of a foul as that occured first? The VAR looks to give the foul and not identify the dive. It's a farce.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back