Rumour McGovern wants out, hates us now and wants us to BURN IN HELL!!!1!!!11!

Does Shooter want to leave?

• Yes, he hates us and wants to go

Votes: 111 50.9%
  • No, he loves us and wants to stay

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • He also listens to The Clash

Votes: 31 14.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No he wouldn’t! And how the **** can it be worse? From any other source it’s speculation.
And from the individual in question its probably narrative.

Isn't this similar to the trigg thing you mentioned? Believing things at face value. You can do so but it doesn't make it so.

I think we would be crazy to move Gov on.

When you look at our list - and Carlton's talk that they want mid 20's players - who is in the mix?

Kyle Hartigan
Brad Crouch
Rory Atkins
Jake Kelly
Riley Knight

I'd guess that a power forward like Jenkins would not be out of step.

Not much there to upgrade our first to #1.

PS - I still want Rankine.

not sure were i should post this. but any way a mate of mine runs a wine tour at the barossa. he is very clicky with a few crows players. anyway about 4 weeks ago the crouch brothers Cheney and seeds were down there they were all very open except matt crouch. mate said very reserved guy. brad on the the other hand very open.
cut along story short. brad will finish his carrier here at the crows thats right "BRAD"
Cheney seeds and matt all have intentions to go back to Melbourne. were not talking this year but the near future.
i believe seed will only sign a 2 year contract. announced very soon.
Matt will not sign another contract. Cheney i have no idea when his current contact ends. but from what i have heard it would be a 1 year extention on his current contract. but brad will be a one club player

Of course Charlie got more money. With us, he had a deal for 2018 only.

I'm assuming he got more than a 1 year deal with Brisbane (for arguments sake, let's say 3 years) - I would definitely think he gets more for 3 years than 1.

Besides, he signed the extension deal with us in August 2015, when he had played only 25 games. There's every chance his 2018 year in that contract didn't accurately reflect the path his career did take. Did we expect him to play a further 50 games with the club in that time?

His Lions deal would more accurately reflect his worth as a 5 year, 73 game player, than the deal signed on potential as a 2 year, 25 game player.

Just like I'd expect Seedsman's next deal to be higher than his current deal.

Footywire has Charlie out of contract at the end of this year (meaning Brisbane inherited our contract).

We also certainly planned Charlie to play another 50+ games for us at the time of his firsr contrat (and he'd have likely got 4-500k to stay after this season). He was a mainstay the moment he was selected, and was one of the best small forwards defensively.

Footywire has Charlie out of contract at the end of this year (meaning Brisbane inherited our contract).

We also certainly planned Charlie to play another 50+ games for us at the time of his firsr contrat (and he'd have likely got 4-500k to stay after this season). He was a mainstay the moment he was selected, and was one of the best small forwards defensively.
Offered elite pace and exceptional marking for a small forward too. A very unique player that we've certainly missed a lot this year.

not sure were i should post this. but any way a mate of mine runs a wine tour at the barossa. he is very clicky with a few crows players. anyway about 4 weeks ago the crouch brothers Cheney and seeds were down there they were all very open except matt crouch. mate said very reserved guy. brad on the the other hand very open.
cut along story short. brad will finish his carrier here at the crows thats right "BRAD"
Cheney seeds and matt all have intentions to go back to Melbourne. were not talking this year but the near future.
Matt will not sign another contract. Cheney i have no idea when his current contact ends. but from what i have heard it would be a 1 year extention on his current contract. but brad will be a one club player

Could they have been talking about life after AFL Football.
Have heard Cheney mention he would play VFL but not interested in SANFL
Matt has always mentioned his plans to return home at the end of his career. Home as in country Victoria.

Rubbish on Matt Crouch. He will stay.
Brad I’m not so sure on.

Before we saw that Fogarty was going to be our number one forward for the next decade, i'd agree with you. 5 tall forwards cannot survive in one forward line, and I'd rather fix this issue in a way that doesn't result in us having 500k+ or a talented player rotting in the reserves.

Now, i'd say 600k worth of cap relief and spinning Gov into picks that fix other problem areas may be more beneficial.

Matt signed a contract with us literally 6 months ago till the end of 2021 so I call BS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt and Brad are from country Victoria so did he mean they will want to head back there after their careers finish and not stay in SA.
And I agree Matt isn't an "out there" kind of a guy which is sometimes good for a club and he already re-signed with the Crows last year so of course he isn't going to sign another contract.

Sorry to Jenny, but basically this. It’s obvious Charlie went for money.
I don’t doubt money talks but why the rush? He could have waited an extra year. I think Brisbane is better for his personality. My understanding was he was struggling with the attention. Brisbane is a primarily a rugby state so he can get lost in a crowd. Sure he could be getting more money but I doubt it was his primary motivation.

I don’t doubt money talks but why the rush? He could have waited an extra year. I think Brisbane is better for his personality. My understanding was he was struggling with the attention. Brisbane is a primarily a rugby state so he can get lost in a crowd. Sure he could be getting more money but I doubt it was his primary motivation.
True but there is no doubt he will also get a huge pay-rise next year from Brisbane compared to what he would have gotten at Crows if he stayed, will be on more than Betts $500K per season, you would think it will be around $750K range.

Matt and Brad are from country Victoria so did he mean they will want to head back there after their careers finish and not stay in SA.
And I agree Matt isn't an "out there" kind of a guy which is sometimes good for a club and he already re-signed with the Crows last year so of course he isn't going to sign another contract.
no he will finish his carrier at a victorian club

When you look at our list - and Carlton's talk that they want mid 20's players - who is in the mix?

Kyle Hartigan
Brad Crouch
Rory Atkins
Jake Kelly
Riley Knight

I'd guess that a power forward like Jenkins would not be out of step.

Not much there to upgrade our first to #1.

PS - I still want Rankine.
Would definitely keep knight. He plays we win. Only concern with him is his body. Gov is a must. Walker starting to look cooked for mine and fogarty a couple of years away from building a tank and not overly quick. My judgement is reserved on b crouch. Will we ever see his best? Been about 7 years in the making, might be good trade bait to carlton and a pick for rankine. As for kelly and hartigan, trade them out to gold coast or whoever gives us the best deal. Would also like to see patrick cripps in a crows jumper. Absolute beast of a player.

Last edited:
Matt signed a contract with us literally 6 months ago till the end of 2021 so I call BS
Matt is a very good player but the one query i have on him is his pace. Defensively the lack of pace hurts us so he needs to be surrounded by a rankine type in the midfield.

Back