AFLW West Coast Eagles Women's Team - Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.

Deegan could be a star, and was no certainty to play footy. She made the state U18 team several years ago as a 15 year old, on the back of almost no footy at all. She was primarily playing basketball I think. Could have easily gone the college basketball route.

Really glad the Eagles locked her away early.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Bowen was also a young state rep. Feisty in and under mid that gets a ton of the ball. Had a habit when younger of making space by coming out of packs heading to the wing, then hooking it across her body, but someone seems to have got her out of that habit already.

Wow.

Deegan could be a star, and was no certainty to play footy. She made the state U18 team several years ago as a 15 year old, on the back of almost no footy at all. She was primarily playing basketball I think. Could have easily gone the college basketball route.

Yeah pretty darn excited to see how she tracks! Really feel like if the club is committed we'll be in as good a place as any to aid the resumption of that talent, and more broadly assemble a great side & staff.

Wow.

We really are flexing our financial strength here

It's good stuff. The amount of cash on hand WC has is ridiculous.

I'm stoked for the women's team. I'm footy starved and would happily get behind a WC AFLW team now. Atm, it's hard to get excited about a comp without your team in it.

And my cousin is with Claremont atm and is a little freak. I reckon she might be the first in the family to play AFL in a few years and that's pretty exciting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ATM there is alot of more mature WA talent spread across the teams...like Chelsea Randall at Adelaide.

I'm hoping with their facilities and great club environment we can lure a couple of those great established players home, and possibly some from freo...ehehe. As for the majority of the list i think it's quite clear the strategy is to draft young local talent, hence the moves to link themselves quite closely to WAFLW, and the female development academy etc.

All in all i couldn't be more pumped!! Going to be exciting to see how the team builds and grows....and thoughts of that first derby gives me serious chills! I reckon it's going to be all in brawls galore.....like the good ole days.

Did we not present a good case to have an inaugural team ? I dont get it.
It does seem we presented the sort of case someone who just expected to get it, might present, where Freo really sold it.

It may also be AFL deliberately not giving it to big brother as a balancing the ledger thing.

The worry at the time was Eagles may have been going through the motions as they didn't really believe in it, but they have been going hard since then.

I posted this elsewhere, but I'm so excited :)
It has even rejuvenated my interest in AFLW as a neutral after I became disillusioned due to petty bitterness about not having our own team and being unable to embrace the Crows.
One of my teenage patients recently made my day when she proclaimed that she'll play for us someday (and she actually is a realistic chance in the future ) :) . The fact that it's even possible now (unlike others who had to give up their dreams due to the lack of a pathway for girls/women) is great.
I'm really looking forward to being able to watch/attend our AFLW games next season

Part of me genuinely wants the Freo women's team to win this years Premiership.

It would open up a new avenue of banter about their men's team that would dissipate only if the men were to ever win one.
No way, would be heaps better if our girls get a premiership first, THEN the Freo womens team eventually get a premiership before the blokes.

Dunno gaiz, the Fremantle AFLW team is looking pretty schmick.

Keep Ross away from them at all costs Peter Bell.

On another note, it annoys me how the WA guns are already playing for other teams because we never applied for the licence initially.

Chelsea Randall and Ash Brazill should be part of our inaugural team FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back