No Oppo Supporters NMFC 2019 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting then that you haven't actually engaged with Tas and the post, and demonstrated why it's irrelevant to your point.

I don't engage with Tas because he is verbose, usually out of tune with my comments, and a serial pessimist.

Got nothing against him personally, it's just that we are chalk and cheese.

Tas arbitrarily falls on his respect list, probably because he agreed with him once, so when he systematically tears his points to shreds, he doesn't reply because "oo many words" and changes the language to being "out of tune". Which is just not liking people who don't agree with him.

Chalk and cheese, you reply to everyone who is chalk and cheese to you.

I don't engage with Tas because he is verbose, usually out of tune with my comments, and a serial pessimist.

That post isn't really verbose, it has taken the content of a number of your snarky posts rather than reply to them individually.

Got nothing against him personally, it's just that we are chalk and cheese.

That isn't it. We have both been here a long time and you know your intellectually dishonest methods of debating doesn't work with me.

There are only two ways to have intellectually honest debate/discussion, that is to point out errors or omissions in a point of fact or pointing out errors or omissions in a point of logic. Everything else is intellectually dishonest and there are numerous tools at the disposal of someone who is intellectually dishonest.

For the benefit of other posters, I will list some of the common tactics:
name calling
changing the subject
questioning motives
stereotyping
false premise
argument from intimidation
innuendo
insinuation
peer approval of subjective opinion
mockery
straw man
etc

Even this reply to kangaspurs is riddled with intellectual dishonesty, ie my pessimism is irrelevant if I am right. it doesn't matter if we are chalk or cheese, are the facts right? Is the logic right? Your theatrics detract from any worthwhile conversation you otherwise might be involved in.

People shouldn't get sucked into strategies that people use to try and avoid losing an argument, debate or discussion, that being said, people shouldn't try to goad people into having conversations they do not wish to have. I respect if Tef doesn't want to engage.

That post isn't really verbose, it has taken the content of a number of your snarky posts rather than reply to them individually.

I figured you'd make a statue out of it. It's why I can't be arsed engaging you. Carry on.

Have I made the right move?

I’m thinking that even the very back seats would still be a great spot?
I like it, the seats are good, you can drink in the bar out of a proper glass pot while watching the ground, there's often past players there, you don't have to rush into the ground to reserve a seat and you can bring in a guest if you have someone that is only coming for a one off game.

Tas arbitrarily falls on his respect list, probably because he agreed with him once, so when he systematically tears his points to shreds, he doesn't reply because "oo many words" and changes the language to being "out of tune". Which is just not liking people who don't agree with him.

Chalk and cheese, you reply to everyone who is chalk and cheese to you.
Tef doesn’t engage with anyone who tears his posts to shreds. He just either ignores the post or puts the poster on ignore.

If Tef isn’t ignoring you then you’re either ignoring him or too lazy/stupid to point out the countless times he spins s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How are the numbers compared to previous years?

As for the AFLW stuff briefly, I’ll treat it as a potential growth market for AFL clubs by attracting more females via memberships or as supporters as well as attracting sponsorships from ‘socially progressive’ businesses. In addition, we have more people playing footy at grass roots and potentially more bums on seats watching North, both men’s and women’s teams. Long term, I anticipate that the AFLW would benefit North financially. If that doesn’t work, well then there needs to be a reassessment.

How are the numbers compared to previous years?

As for the AFLW stuff briefly, I’ll treat it as a potential growth market for AFL clubs by attracting more females via memberships or as supporters as well as attracting sponsorships from ‘socially progressive’ businesses. In addition, we have more people playing footy at grass roots and potentially more bums on seats watching North, both men’s and women’s teams. Long term, I anticipate that the AFLW would benefit North financially. If that doesn’t work, well then there needs to be a reassessment.
Feb 15th 2016 = 30,481

Feb 15th 2017 = 31,942

Feb 14th 2018 = 30,450

Feb 15th 2019 = 31,609

So it seems like a recovery from the 2017/18 slump

Feb 15th 2016 = 30,481

Feb 15th 2017 = 31,942

Feb 14th 2018 = 30,450

Feb 15th 2019 = 31,609

So it seems like a recovery from the 2017/18 slump

Agreed. Ideally be nice to be above 2017 rate so it's long term growth over the high. I'd like to see the club continue to push the good PR out of Polec / Hall / Tyson in particular. A big start will do wonders to convince that we're back in business though.

Anyone get the members polo this year? What a monstrosity. The hoodie is alright. Just the standard issue.
The light blue triggers me every time I look at it.

I got the 1/4 zip vapodri top and every time I walk part the minor my first reaction I'm one of the 50% Thanos decided to kill or I'm being derezzed in Tron. Canterbury has some explaining to do this year. They nailed last year but this year is a mess.

Agreed. Ideally be nice to be above 2017 rate so it's long term growth over the high. I'd like to see the club continue to push the good PR out of Polec / Hall / Tyson in particular. A big start will do wonders to convince that we're back in business though.
Are people that simple and indecisive that positive spin surrounding the club's recruitment and general sentiment that it motivates them to purchase a membership as opposed to not?
If that is the case then general media sentiment regarding our potential or external views of our list severely effects our membership conversion. Because each year for the last 15 we are and have been the preseason ugly ducklings

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back