Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

https://outline.com/sqf9jf

Matthew Kreuzer will be fit for Round 1 after going under the knife for “minor” knee surgery.
But the 29-year-old had put in a strong pre-season to date, giving the Blues hope that he will still be in top shape for a Round 1 clash with Richmond in 53 days’ time.

Recruit Mitch McGovern is also part of that group, still yet to return to full training since suffering a non-displaced fracture of the back in Carlton’s final training session before Christmas.

Will Setterfield (knee) completed “three quarters” of training this week

Caleb Marchbank (back) is set to resume full training in the “next two or three weeks”.

Liam Jones is set to be back in full training next week after a “very small issue” with his hand

Darcy Lang (foot) who has been doing some “really good quality running” but is “highly unlikely to be ready for Round 1”.

https://outline.com/sqf9jf

Matthew Kreuzer will be fit for Round 1 after going under the knife for “minor” knee surgery.
But the 29-year-old had put in a strong pre-season to date, giving the Blues hope that he will still be in top shape for a Round 1 clash with Richmond in 53 days’ time.

Recruit Mitch McGovern is also part of that group, still yet to return to full training since suffering a non-displaced fracture of the back in Carlton’s final training session before Christmas.

Will Setterfield (knee) completed “three quarters” of training this week

Caleb Marchbank (back) is set to resume full training in the “next two or three weeks”.

Liam Jones is set to be back in full training next week after a “very small issue” with his hand

Darcy Lang (foot) who has been doing some “really good quality running” but is “highly unlikely to be ready for Round 1”.

Please we need Kreuzer and Gov ready for round 1.
Assume that Jones will be right to go based on the minor injury he had with his hand.

It is good to get the information up-thread that williamson and Macreadie are being tempered to ensure a sustained comeback from injury.

It is not good not to get any information about their progress - expected return to full duties - from the Club.

They've over embellished a bit there... Setterfield and McGovern are about to resume, with Marchbank a week away, Jones maybe another week or two after that.
First glance at the headline makes it appear like half our team is out injured.

Doesn't take long to realise the 10 players they've listed have wildly varying degrees of injury, including Williamson who they even say isn't injured but was just being rested... so that makes it 9.

Lang I'm unsure on his 'best 22' status but I'd err on the side of NBs. Considering Pickett's fitness levels prior to his injury I think it's hard to make a case for him being best 22 in round 1. Take 2 for DL & JP, now down to 7.

Docherty out for the year and definitely counts. You know... AA, VC & all that.

After that we've got Kreuzer & Fasolo who will be in the vicinity of round 1, which is 7 weeks away to the day. Then McGovern & Setterfield who are practically back in the main group, will be 100% signed off in the next week or two, then there's Marchbank & Jones who should be another week or two after that but at least are doing heaps of running so should have a decent fitness base.

So at worst we call it 7 of the 22 not at full fitness right now. If this article was written in a fortnight there's a chance, depending on how WS, MM, CM & LJ progress, that the number could be as low as 3.

Matthew Kreuzer Knee TBD
Sam Docherty Knee Season
Jarrod Pickett Knee Season
Darcy Lang Foot TBD
Caleb Marchbank Back 2-4 Weeks
Liam Jones Hand 1-2 Weeks
Mitch McGovern Back 1-2 Weeks
Will Setterfield Knee 1-2 Weeks

Updated January 29, 2019

No mention of Macreadie or Williamson.
McGovern Jones Setterfield are in full training now

Matthew Kreuzer Knee TBD
Sam Docherty Knee Season
Darcy Lang Foot TBD

Updated January 29, 2019

Where dis, doesn't add up with McGovern and Setterfield playing on Thursday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matthew Kreuzer Knee TBD
Sam Docherty Knee Season
Darcy Lang Foot TBD

Updated January 29, 2019

Thanks for the update.

Question regarding Pickett.

His injury was reported as 3-4 months if I remember correctly, even if that went to 4-5 months, that still brings him back around mid season.

Is there any chance he will be back this season?

Thanks for the update.

His injury was reported as 3-4 months if I remember correctly, even if that went to 4-5 months, that still brings him back around mid season.

+ NO FITNESS BASE AT ALL.

Thanks for the update.

You would have thought so, almost 2months now since surgery and say April to hit the track, if all good.

Anyhoo, Tuesday a cometh, along with our injury report update - bring it Lloydy (or AR or this week’s special guest presenter, Robert Walls).

I am not sure if anyone has answered this question so apologies if they have. Does anyone have any reliable news on what is going on with Williamson?

Down to willo, marchy, Lang, Kruezer, doc, macreadie and Pickett as injured or unknowns.

Down to willo, marchy, Lang, Kruezer, doc, macreadie and Pickett as injured or unknowns.

Kreuzer's path to becoming healthy is fairly clear and short-term, thankfully.
Macreadie, Marchbank and Williamson are the real worries and uncertainties.

Very pleased that Fasolo will be available and likely in for round 1 now, though. Very pleased.

Last edited:
It's not really about a fit Faz for me.

The more players we have fit and firing, the more competition we'll have for spots come round 1.

This will drive improvement in the group.

Absolutely! I guess I’m also pleased with the way the incident appears to have been handled by both the club and Fas himself. He seems to be doing his utmost to make amends. Up to him of course from here but early signs are promising. So yeah I’m really happy for him.........of course until such time he *s up again then so help me god.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back