Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch the women’s game and it’s had a huge impact. Defensive set ups from a kick are non existent. The ball gets to 70 nearly every time. Teams rarely get repeat scores.

The 666 set up has a huge impact even if only for 4/6 times a quarter. Teams will still need to start one way then move to another on repeat bounces. You will still try to set up as 666 as it’s the most efficient use of energy. Why would a wing run an unnecessary distance if the ball is just going to come back. Why would a forward try to get back in defence if they will need to get back inside forward 50 once a goal is kicked. Teams will try to set up efficiently and that will be to remain as a 666.
I tried to say that but your words more gud.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
If Fev had've behaved like an adult man instead of a drunken child, we could've had 17
Fixed that for you.

At what point do we force someone to take responsibility for their own actions? Why is it on us and not Fev to keep him from behaving like an idiot on national television, coupled with whatever else happened that night?

Watch the women’s game and it’s had a huge impact. Defensive set ups from a kick are non existent. The ball gets to 70 nearly every time. Teams rarely get repeat scores.

The 666 set up has a huge impact even if only for 4/6 times a quarter. Teams will still need to start one way then move to another on repeat bounces. You will still try to set up as 666 as it’s the most efficient use of energy. Why would a wing run an unnecessary distance if the ball is just going to come back. Why would a forward try to get back in defence if they will need to get back inside forward 50 once a goal is kicked. Teams will try to set up efficiently and that will be to remain as a 666.

Forwards will still work hard up the ground in an attempt to out work their opponent back to goal

Northlands? I remember going there as a kid. Was a real treat. Had an early teenage birthday party at the TimeZone. A 'frenemy' bought me a Lynx pack that came in a metal tin for my gift - it was used as a random container for a long while and then a clothes peg bucket for something like 15 years. Just threw it out this week and upgraded to a hanging basket thingy.

Good times.

So popped out for a coffee this morning and noticed two young guys in Heart foundation shirts approaching. Thought oh no but they noticed my CARLTON polo and stopped to have a chat about how the blues would go this year.
Turns out both lads were supporters. Were really excited to see what we would deliver and had positive expectations.
One even mentioned he played U15's with Sammy W so he is stoked that he is at the blues. Said that Sam was monster even at that age.

Pretty good morning and I did not have to buy anything.

So popped out for a coffee this morning and noticed two young guys in Heart foundation shirts approaching. Thought oh no but they noticed my CARLTON polo and stopped to have a chat about how the blues would go this year.
Turns out both lads were supporters. Were really excited to see what we would deliver and had positive expectations.
One even mentioned he played U15's with Sammy W so he is stoked that he is at the blues. Said that Sam was monster even at that age.

Pretty good morning and I did not have to buy anything.
This is part of why it kills me when I see supporters on here talk about a missed generation, or losing supporters to successful clubs.

They're there. You might not see them, you might not know who they are. They don't wear the colours, because when they - when I - grew up, it was difficult to be a Carlton supporter. You think adults cop s**t from other adults about their football team. That missed generation are still Blues, and all they are doing is waiting.

We haven't lost s**t. Right now, they're AFL fans first, Carlton supporters second, because they've never had a reason to have pride in their team. Yet. You just wait and see. They're still there. Young people are just as capable of passion as the old, and when they realise it it will be like a new dawn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dont know if this was already mentioned but the YouTube account NavyBlue95 that used to post only Carlton highlights of all our matches as been terminated. Copyright infringement. they provided a wonderful service. If anyone else wants to pick up the baton it'd be appreciated

dont know if this was already mentioned but the YouTube account NavyBlue95 that used to post only Carlton highlights of all our matches as been terminated. Copyright infringement. they provided a wonderful service. If anyone else wants to pick up the baton it'd be appreciated

One of our own here on BF. Very unfortunate, press F to pay respects.

The AFL have come down hard and unfortunately also forced giantroo to remove all his uploads of TAC matches, and player highlights.

They don't do anything near as well as he did and he provided a great resource but that doesn't seem to matter.....They're all gone.

One of our own here on BF. Very unfortunate, press F to pay respects.
The AFL have come down hard and unfortunately also forced giantroo to remove all his uploads of TAC matches, and player highlights.

They don't do anything near as well as he did and he provided a great resource but that doesn't seem to matter.....They're all gone.
I know the feeling. Lost everything, over 10 years of content. How many others who lost their accounts to these assholes, who knows. Gut wrenching to say the least. * the AFL.

I know the feeling. Lost everything, over 10 years of content. How many others who lost their accounts to these assholes, who knows. Gut wrenching to say the least. **** the AFL.

You won't be forgotten giantroo.
Thank you for the brilliant content you provided and likely would have continued to do, if not for....them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back