AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

A lazy 4 goals to Darcy in the first three quarters of the VFL practise match
Nice as it is, it is a Praccy, against a team that will struggle to win more than 3 games this year.

So what WOULD be impressive; 7 or 8 at 3/4 time?
All I'm saying is that a guy like him should be dominating against Coburg. Context is important.

Parish being able to be a genuine forward threat would be an unexpected development.

Still suspect we’re in a bit of a holding pattern while he continues to put on bulk, unfortunately he still doesn’t really have the trunk required to play his best role

Parish being able to be a genuine forward threat would be an unexpected development.

Thought he showed some flashes in 2016 that indicated he had nous around goal. My theory is he'd do better deep as a crumber if he's not playing in the middle - feel like he gets a bit lost when playing in between on a flank.

Coach Dan Jordan praised his work in the guts..so to add 5 goals on top of that means he went hard at it and that’s all you can ask for. He’s too good for reserves player. We all know it.

“Darcy (Parish) in the middle was obviously outstanding in terms of his work around the contest, and Heath (Hocking) competed really well and played his role’

Thought he showed some flashes in 2016 that indicated he had nous around goal. My theory is he'd do better deep as a crumber if he's not playing in the middle - feel like he gets a bit lost when playing in between on a flank.

Even in the back half of last year. I recall him doing alright in the forward half on occassion. If he doesnt make it as a mid we could always try him up forward in place of Baguley down the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darce be like

giphy.gif

So, straight back in?

so Tom mitchell is too small aswell yeah?

and Rory Sloan,

and luke parker

and taylor adams

because they are all within a CM or the same height as darcy.

enough with the broken narrative

Height has nothing to do with it.

All those players you mentioned have bigger frames than Parish that's what I mean by small.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back