2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So chuffed for Brisbane.. couldn't be happier.

I'm a QLDer and while my heart lies with Freo, my whole family support Lions so I can't help barracking hard (especially against the scum!). They've had some rough years and deserve a good go at it!

Let's top it off with a Win tomorrow so the west media can eat some ******* humble pie!!!

I’d love Ballantyne to wind back the clock just to show up the flog Hardie.

Unfortunately I think it’s unlikely to happen. I’d be happy with one goal, a few goal assists and a five tackles from Ballas.

You do realise those are the rules tho?

A player actually can't be traded unless they sign off on it?

just asking because i'm unsure on if you know
Yeah I know. But when you’re a first year player, it’s pretty hypocritical you’re choosing clubs when Geelong gave him a chance at 24. Barlow came here at 24 from Victoria and just brought into the club. If it was about family, then why nominate for the draft knowing you gave a 1/9 chance of being selected by a WA TEAM? Can’t have all of the cake including the cream in this circumstance. He was an apprentice electrician struggling to make ends meet for his family.

Lachie Neale looking happy and playing great footy at his new club
Hahaha this is the EXACT reason why West Coast are the mosr pathetic franchise out there. Yes, franchise as you were founded by a corporation. Now known as WAFC.

You loss first up against a rebuilding Brisbane team. If you actually take time and notice all the Freo fans, we re actually happy for Lachie Neale. Yes bitter initially, but good on him for tonight. He’s always an A grader, and tore your supposed ‘premiership midfield’ apart

And that is how you beat West Coast. Don’t bomb it on the heads of Barrass and McGovern, get it to ground or behind them and they’re ineffective. Bully their midfielders and they turn to water and play a tight zone/man on man defence and they can’t get their unconctestes kicking game going. They looked sssslllllooooowwwww.

And that is how you beat West Coast. Don’t bomb it on the heads of Barrass and McGovern, get it to ground or behind them and they’re ineffective. Bully their midfielders and they turn to water and play a tight zone/man on man defence and they can’t get their unconctestes kicking game going. They looked sssslllllooooowwwww.

Good analysis. A shame we don’t do any of those things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's tough putting the emotion aside with Lachie, but it's not too hard to see the allure of Brisbane.

Exciting coach, team and style of play. A club that walked like Giants for years in a non-footy state that's spent the last 15 years in purgatory. The chance for Lachie to lead that club with a modest but passionate supporter base, plus a few good mates and a s**t load more money too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great analysis. And that’s part of the why Collingwood lost the grand final too. When the game got tight they reverted back to bombing it long into the forward line. Easy to do in a high pressure game with the premiership on the line but really Brought them undone in the second half.

Now to talk about the game , It was a good old fashion flogging after quarter time . One thing that stood out for me was the same players that were quiet in the GF were also quiet tonight plus a few that were good in the GF joined them .Venebles ,Cole , Masten ,Duggan are only average players , Hickey is a C grader and Vardy a B grade ruckman, Worst game i have seen for a while from Mcgovern but was fairly average in JLT as well , Maybe missed a bit of pre season with his injury . Eagles supporters are a big wrap on Venebles but he is a long way off being a good player , One comment on their board late last year was that if he could find the ball 25 times a game he would win a Brownlow , But you could say that about any player that increased their output by 150%.
Thought the Lions were fantastic tonight their Midfield tore the Eagles apart and besides Sheed and Shuey they were powerless to stop them .

One thing WC have been working hard on again is milking soft free kicks
How the F@@k does a team who were second to the ball for three quarters win the free kick count 31 to 24... . ...?
Thought the game was over umpired in general , The standard of umpiring tonight would not be acceptable in September.

Neale seems pretty good about calling journos out when they try to stir trouble up like this. He's done it a few times since the trade.
I humbly thank our Brisbane overlords lol.

Eagles were exposed like Tough Man Tony Abbott was exposed to Vladimir putin. Sure the eagles looked tough on paper, But the Brisbane Lions went all putin and became Ruthless, exposing the Eagles as a weak side.

The Eagles backed those Budgies down like the Great Tough Man Tony Abbott.

I humbly thank our Brisbane overlords lol.

Eagles were exposed like Tough Man Tony Abbott was exposed to Vladimir putin. Sure the eagles looked tough on paper, But the Brisbane Lions went all putin and became Ruthless, exposing the Eagles as a weak side.

The Eagles backed those Budgies down like the Great Tough Man Tony Abbott.
Are you saying that tough man Tony Abbott shirt front tactics didn't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back