2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope. Crossing fingers for 0-3 the following week against the Pies at home as well. Be great heading into a derby if we are 3-0 or 2-1 and they are 0-3. Be curious just to see how The West/Ch7 creatively spin it if that were to happen.
That could almost wipe the smug slimey smiles off the Eagle loving medias faces particularly one BZ

Can anyone explain the basis for the "Essendon top four/five" talk nearly all AFL commentators were indulging in over the offseason?

As expected, they're playing like a team of mercenaries and semi-reformed drug cheats should probably play.
They won 10 of their last 14 games last year, with all 4 losses against top 4 teams. 3 of those loses were by under 15 points. Plus they brought in Shiel

They won 10 of their last 14 games last year, with all 4 losses against top 4 teams. 3 of those loses were by under 15 points. Plus they brought in Shiel

Your logic and reason isn’t welcome here lol

No way should they be getting destroyed this badly by GWS

I wish this game had been on after ours in case we lose.

Watching another team get humiliated always makes me feel better after a loss.

I think Adelaide will be Bottom 4. I know it's only Round 1, but Jesus they started where they left off last year, will a full list basically too. They're definitely another LTI away from doing so.

I think they were the most disappointing side of the round. Absolute garbage on their home deck.

I think Adelaide will be Bottom 4. I know it's only Round 1, but Jesus they started where they left off last year, will a full list basically too. They're definitely another LTI away from doing so.

I think they were the most disappointing side of the round. Absolute garbage on their home deck.

West Coast were insipid too

West Coast were insipid too

Yeah, Eagles only played one quarter but they played a young and firing side at home who clearly wanted to make a R1 statement. Adelaide had shocking skills with a full side essentially - on their home deck against a side that didn't even have Wingard, Scully or their reigning BnF / Brownlow Medalist.

Way more concerned about Adelaide.

There were so many woeful performances by the teams rated by the "experts". Think Essendon probably has good grounds to claim worst of the round. Adelaide right up there. West Coast, Melbourne, Sydney all very ordinary. It's only one round, we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves, nor should we assume these teams won't turn it around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 1 always hard to predict, and a lot of teams bounce back.
But if we play like we did yesterday, we're going to be very hard to beat at Optus.
And we should get a few away wins as well.

There were so many woeful performances by the teams rated by the "experts". Think Essendon probably has good grounds to claim worst of the round. Adelaide right up there. West Coast, Melbourne, Sydney all very ordinary. It's only one round, we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves, nor should we assume these teams won't turn it around.
The AFL mechine has been waiting for the Essendon redemption story for a while now, glad its not come yet. give them another 10 years of trash, they earned it.

Pyke is one dimensional. That was a win for Clarko. Pretty sure the Crows haven't beaten the Hawks for a while.

Still fully expect the Crows to win 14+ games including battering some lowly sides that don't have the coaching and/or playing ability to stop their game.

Thought the AFL was clamping down on off the ball strikes / jumper punches... Not sure how ryan has escaped suspension for his hit... Weak AFL Setting the tone early as usual

Yep, AFL prove once again they run a glorified bush league. Amateurs with no leadership. My wife turned my son away from the sport a couple of years ago for this very reason.

You can have a physical but clean disciplined sport or you can have repeated moments of rash stupidity which inevitably is modelled, copied and gets out of hand in other settings. AFL continue to go with the latter.

On the plus side, Gardiner got a relatively small fine too for his part which is a good thing. Thought the provocation needed something. The whole week-minded immature bullshit needs to be cut out IMHO.

Good to see Bailey Scott win the Rd 1 Rising Star nomination from our game. He was really impressive - well deserved.

Agreed. I'm surprised they gave it to him despite the wank fest over Sam Walsh.

Thought the AFL was clamping down on off the ball strikes / jumper punches... Not sure how ryan has escaped suspension for his hit... Weak AFL Setting the tone early as usual

Cunnington was just as bad if not worse.

It’s like it’s round one now so we’ll just go easy on everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back