The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many here have had pure cocaine? Would regulating it require standardised production?
I haven’t been to South America but I’m told the quality there isn’t much different to Europe. I’d imagine getting it right off the bat would prove to be difficult.

I used to find people who wouldn’t drop acid or smoke a spliff real squares when I was younger. As I got older that opinion has changed though. Very strong willed of them not to get involved when most others all around them were. Still think they missed out though, but you know you have to respect their decision

Acid definitely opens your eyes to whole new perspectives. The comedown is strong with that drug though. Some people never came down in fact, lost forever.

never done more than booze either. just not interested. think drugs are fine if people know what they're doing, other than stuff like heroin and meth. i truly dont understand the appeal of cigs though.

In this day and age, and what we know regarding our health, it amazes me how many people continue to smoke, at the end of the day it's their life but it does amaze me, disgusting habit.

How many smokers are there on this board? Give me a like if you’re a smoker. I’m one, but recognise I’m a dying breed, and I’m slowly killing myself at the same time

How many smokers are there on this board? Give me a like if you’re a smoker. I’m one, but recognise I’m a dying breed, and I’m slowly killing myself at the same time
Was on and off smoking (mainly socially) from about 16. Gave them the arse recently though (I’m 28). Have tried to quit a few times before but would eventually cave. I can easily not smoke when I’m sober, I just find it challenging to not have one when I’m on the beers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

never done more than booze either. just not interested. think drugs are fine if people know what they're doing, other than stuff like heroin and meth. i truly dont understand the appeal of cigs though.

Another here who has never done anything more than booze either. No interest - plus most of my closest mates are in the same boat. Hate cigs, think they are disgusting.

I realise I’m in a minority too given the number of gigs and festivals I attend

Lived in Singapore during high school, smoked tobacco regularly then as it was cultural, and dirt cheap. Still miss them to this day. Nothing beats a rolled Champion Ruby with a coffee early in the morning.

Drink occasionally, the odd crafty/shiraz. Smoked plenty of weed at the front-end of my degree. I had a solid plug, so picked and chose something that enhanced productivity. I'd finish class, smoke, eat dinner, then study.

Anyway, if it were legalised I probably wouldn't bother. Been there, done that. Wasn't living my best life. It's just a significant social issue which is quite easily rectifiable and beneficial for the public sector, if properly thought-out/controlled.

Haha can you believe all charges have been dropped against that Smollett character. What’s going on there then? He was kind of inciting hatred against conservatives with his completely false allegations, but they’ve come out and said they no longer wish to prosecute because he is not a danger to society. What about wasting police time, lying to the law and like I said inciting hatred. Liberals are becoming an ever more protected species.

C3_r5ZbPyvSMhauP61YmfVkwX_E=.gif

You don’t drink, don’t smoke, what do you do?
I drink, not often. I don't feel the need to come home from work and have a drink. That's not me. I mean, I caught up with a former colleague last night over a couple of drinks.

What do you mean what do I do? I drink if I go out, just don't get ******* munted often.

I was a bit of a druggy too, into everything but needles. The 90s rave scene was hectic and i did lose a fair few friends along the way. Smoked a lot of pot and speed and e's were a bit of a fav.

Acid was the killer though, that s**t puts holes in your brain and it could sometimes take weeks to feel 'normal' again. It really messes people up.

Luckily for me a good women found me and straightened me out, i doubt I'd be here without her.

I drink, not often. I don't feel the need to come home from work and have a drink. That's not me. I mean, I caught up with a former colleague last night over a couple of drinks.

What do you mean what do I do? I drink if I go out, just don't get ******* munted often.
It was a line from an old song, just seeing if anyone caught it.

I was a bit of a druggy too, into everything but needles. The 90s rave scene was hectic and i did lose a fair few friends along the way. Smoked a lot of pot and speed and e's were a bit of a fav.

Acid was the killer though, that s**t puts holes in your brain and it could sometimes take weeks to feel 'normal' again. It really messes people up.

Luckily for me a good women found me and straightened me out, i doubt I'd be here without her.

This is all very familiar sounding to me! Think I smoked my first f** at 14 (JPS if I recall), started buying them at 15 or 16 and still haven’t kicked the habit - and it’s an expensive one cos I smoke 20 a day and they cost a tenner a pack so you’re looking at over 3k per year.

Was also heavily in the rave scene around the late 80’s early 90’s. Acid was my favourite drug but as you say it can fry your brain, change your personality and just generally * with you. I stopped taking it as did most of us because you can only do so much of it before you become a causality. I think the novelty factor of it wore off too - but those first trips were pretty incredible if I’m honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back