Crisis meeting - Hun reports

Remove this Banner Ad

So who takes over? Crocker? I guess at least that way we just waste the rest of this year, not all of next year as well.
why would you want Crocker to take over? Over his time at North he has never been sought out for other coaching jobs going, we need someone new. Crocker is just as much as part of the problem as Scott he must go also.

why would you want Crocker to take over? Over his time at North he has never been sought out for other coaching jobs going, we need someone new. Crocker is just as much as part of the problem as Scott he must go also.
Only one who stays from the current coaching mob would be Rhys Shaw, otherwise if Brad goes then all need to go.. even though crock is well respected. Im a believer that MID YEAR is the time to make changes if s**t doesnt improve! The resilience of some people in this thread is somewhat disturbing!

Hey, I support a football club, because of football, yet I am the one pushing the boundaries of reality? How did that rationale ever come about?

Since when did implying that something was factual, without any tangible evidence, ever correlate to truth?

And you get 22 matches every season, plus potential finals. You're not getting any less football as a result of The Huddle. So what's the problem? Do you think that cutting off all social initiatives will automatically guarantee finals or something?

Collingwood has the CFC Foundation, West Coast runs a bunch of diversity programs, Geelong is very active in the local community, Richmond runs the Gamadji Institute among other initiatives aimed at Aboriginal and TSI communities. These clubs seem to go alright on the field.

I dislike it because it's a non relevant distraction, a luxury that wastes precious resources, and could very well end up contributing to the death of this club. I haven't see ANY relative payoff in return, nor has one tangible example been tabled in it's defence.

I'm the practical one here, you aren't.

How exactly is this "contributing to the death of this club"?

You're literally inventing stuff because you don't want to see minorities and social causes supported that don't fall in line with your own personal beliefs, and pretending you're speaking for anyone other than yourself.

Hey, I support a football club, because of football, yet I am the one pushing the boundaries of reality? How did that rationale ever come about?

Since when did implying that something was factual, without any tangible evidence, ever correlate to truth?

I dislike it because it's a non relevant distraction, a luxury that wastes precious resources, and could very well end up contributing to the death of this club. I haven't see ANY relative payoff in return, nor has one tangible example been tabled in it's defence.

I'm the practical one here, you aren't.
If you don’t think the core values of the North Melbourne football club help to attract sponsors, assisting our bottom line, then you really are a twit.

1) You're one of their sycophants
2) They haven't done great work. We're on the bottom of the ladder.
3) If you think being on the bottom of the ladder can be in any way assuaged by a bunch of bullshit social programs, then you're a political ideologue, and not a football supporter. You are also the problem.

They are two separate issues and should remain two separate issues.

The only way the onfield performance gets fixed is by dealing with the onfield side of things.

And you get 22 matches every season, plus potential finals. You're not getting any less football as a result of The Huddle. So what's the problem? Do you think that cutting off all social initiatives will automatically guarantee finals or something?

If it funneled extra resources in to the football department, then it would have a higher probability, wouldn't you think?

Collingwood has the CFC Foundation, West Coast runs a bunch of (diversity programs), Geelong is very active in the local community, Richmond runs the Gamadji Institute among other initiatives aimed at Aboriginal and TSI communities. These clubs seem to go alright on the field.

LOL, Collingwood, West Coast and Geelong can literally fill incinerators with spare cash to warm themselves. Are we seriously required to be competitive in the virtue signalling competition of the AFL? Is this REALLY a primary concern for a club in our position?

How exactly is this "contributing to the death of this club"?

You left out "could". I already explained that it's a waste of relatively few resources, in comparison to our opposition.

You're literally inventing stuff because you don't want to see minorities and social causes supported that don't fall in line with your own personal beliefs, and pretending you're speaking for anyone other than yourself.

BULLSHIT! Show me the payoff? Show me why the current agenda is justified?

Prove to me that it will genuinely contribute to onfield success, which is the only thing that will ensure the long term future of the NMFC, and I will personally foot the bill and hand out how to ****ing vote pamphlets for Adam Bandt at the next election!

Last edited:
They are two separate issues and should remain two separate issues.

No they're not. We exist to play football.

/discussion.

Last edited:
Hitler also told his troops to try harder as the city was surrounded by forces on every front.

In the end his military nous ( game plan) brought him undone. He didn’t listen to any of his generals and continued to throw his men to slaughter against well organised and equipped enemies.

Brad needs to walk and if not he needs to be tapped on the shoulder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The war was lost by the end of '42. Everything after that was just playing out the inevitable.

And I would disagree with Hitler not listening to his generals. In fact early on it was the other way around.

Might be the same situation here. Brad has this god like plan and no one is listening to him.

Ha ha, de Rauch comes across as a silly old man. Uses Eddie as an example of a good president not know Eddie too lives in Sydney.

Buckley certainly needs to be doing way more more but de Rauch isn’t the answer.
Think you're mixing him up with Kochie. Eddie hasn't been living in Sydney for a while

Correct, it's bullshit, designed to draw criticism away from non football related agendas. The only thing that is going to bulletproof the NMFC going forward is premierships.

Yeah that worked in the 90s. It took less than 8 years for that "bulletproofing" to fail.

Don't forget that this clubs focus on member expansion is immigrants, who I have barely noticed at North games, and focusing on the Arden street precinct development, and associated "inner city" types and hipsters. A demographic that has relatively **** all interest in football, and it's not as if the ones that do support football that move in there, won't already have a team they support! I'd like to know how ANY of that stuff outperforms on field success.

The marketing people who dreamed up that rubbish wouldn't last 10 seconds in a marketing company that exists in the real world.

All you white campaigners are immigrants. Deal with it.

How the * would you know who is a an immigrant and who isn't at games? Do you check their papers?

Yeah that worked in the 90s. It took less than 8 years for that "bulletproofing" to fail.

All you white campaigners are immigrants. Deal with it.

How the **** would you know who is a an immigrant and who isn't at games? Do you check their papers?

Shark officially jumped. In fact, you landed clear on the beach.

The white ruling class of this land have considered me a fellow for my entire life! Let me know when you ever sleep down on the killing floor in chains. Then I might just have to "check my privilege"

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Peters ambition to accumulate more debt and take on the Cross Keys Hotel was a major reason why hes been pigeon holed off the board.
It was a stupid idea then and is a stupid idea now.

In Pacco rd?

Just called up membership dept and was wondering why I wasn't receiving emails from the club for replacement games etc.

Turns out they spelt hotmail with two 'l's.

Lol we might need a crisis meeting for email spelling!

Get on to the General Manager for "community engagement" about this. They'll fix it up for you.:thumbsu:

No they're not. We exist to play football.

/discussion.

I respect your view, but I disagree with it. From all reports we are currently spending up to the soft cap on football department spending, and our facilities have been upgraded to a very high standard. In short the players want for nothing and have no excuses. The only area where we are not spending the full amount is in TPP. But that is payed by the AFL and we are banking the extra for later.

If we are not spending the soft cap in the right way, it is at least not being detracted by the spend in other areas, like the huddle.

While I agree with you the football team and the football department sole responsability is win the games, the football club as whole has always had an essential element of community. My dad was born in Kensington, his brother even played a handfull of games for North, and it has always been about the community, keeping it strong and supporting each other. That is where the Shinboner spirit came from, the working class people, sticking together, supporting each other and if we lost making sure the others bloody well earned it.

The huddle formalises our community engagement, we actually do it, unlike some other clubs who just say they do, it opens avenues in government and other areas as well.

So while it is not enough to just have the huddle and community engagement. It is a seperate entity to the football department, who lack for nothing, espcially when compared to facilites the team in the 90's had

Ironic. I don't see how this meme adds a single kick or cent to the NMFC either.

It was made by someone who probably contributes a lot more financially to the club than you do.

He's a real estate developer with, of course, a massive interest in immigration.

His interest in the NMFC is for the club to serve as a vessel to give profile to his business interests.

He's head of the Migration Council of Australia:

The MCA wants to find a new space to assert the importance of migration and effective settlement, and has brought together some heavy hitters to make this happen. Headed by Peter Scanlon (ex Patricks Chair) – and bringing together Business Council of Australia chair Tony Shepherd, Australia Post head Ahmed Fahour, Ethnic Communities Federation chair Pino Migliorino, Adult Migrant Education Victoria head Catherine Scarth and a number of others – the organisation seeks to build a bridge between those with an economic interest in a big Australia, and those with a social interest in a fair Australia.

Scanlon has been a key figure in building an information base about immigration and settlement through his Foundation’s financial support for the [Monash study](http://arts.monash.edu.au/mapping-p...ping-social-cohesion-summary-report-2011.pdf) of social attitudes to immigration, diversity and levels of social cohesion. His leadership support, both political and financial, is seen to be critical for the effectiveness of the MCA. Scanlon has history as a strong advocate for his causes: in the Elders IXL struggle for BHP in the 1980s, with Patricks, and now with the Garvin Institute and the Scanlon Foundation. He is also a major real estate developer and will come under scrutiny for how this new lobby group might create benefits for his commercial interests.

https://theconversation.com/new-migration-council-to-fight-for-a-bigger-australia-7895

His interest in us is purely business, and the current board exists to facilitate those interests.
Good, with football fans mostly being intergenerational, I hope he gives every new migrant a nmfc membership and scarf.
Get them brainwashed into nmfc early..

My major gripe with past board members who claim they love the club is various people always crawl out from under a rock to snipe at the club whenever we do not need to appear like everyone associate with the club (past and present) are clowns. If any of them were visionaries, they wouldn't have left the club in the position that they did under their watch.

Sure, they are frustrated like we all are, but if they aren't smart enough to realise that people in the media don't give a s**t about their opinions, that they just want to fan the flames to create chaos because drama sells then they aren't as smart as they believe themselves to be.

Sure, we need to hold our board accountable for the decisions it makes and ensure we have the best people leading the club, however, I haven't seen any of these heroes attend recent AGMs asking any hard questions. It is all just reactionary bullshit.

The s**t we suck at we would still suck at even if we were a 3/3 team after round 6. We wouldn't be experiencing this heat if we were average and average is worse than being shithouse, at least when you are shithouse, you are going to get access to talent you don't deserve for being shithouse. The problem is we as a club have put up with being average for so long, that eventually makes you shithouse.

Brad is an average coach, with an average W/L record. We have put up with average for too long.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back