Crisis meeting - Hun reports

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say that if we finish this season with less than 5 wins, he'll be gone over summer. If we lose the next 3, he'll be gone mid season.
That would be my hope too.

Ben basically saying it is all happy families.

I'd say that if we finish this season with less than 5 wins, he'll be gone over summer. If we lose the next 3, he'll be gone mid season.

Brad would bail. I have no doubt about it. He knows the spotlight has fallen squarely on him and the large hurdle required for him to resurrect his position. IMO, he's always been very politically cognisant, so he knows the lay of the land here. I suspect his manager will be "enquiring" around the traps right now.

FWIW, I don't doubt that he has really believed that he could take the club forward, but so did Dean, and he also fell short. Ultimately the single mindedness of these men has been related to their downfall. The members have had enough, and nothing short of a miracle will change anything.

Ben basically saying it is all happy families.

Yeah, but he didn't mate. Read between the lines.

With all due respect, the Dogs and Collingwood fell over themselves to copy our social programs, and now have a flag and grand final appearance each.

By that logic, they work.

Or by the correct logic, they have nothing to do with the footy side of things. They are opportunity cost free exercises.

Collingwood and the Bulldogs have bucket fulls of money. Gordon & co. have pulled off a miracle over there that's not related to any social programs they had running. Acquiring all that land over there was the coup of this century, but I can't see how that correlates with us.

If it can be shown to do so, then I am on board.

I just wanna see tangible results. If they can't be shown then I believe it's imperative that we change course, as I am very suspicious of the level of self interest within the club.

If that makes me a bad guy, then I'm happy to be the bad guy.

Facts? You want facts? Okay.

Shot:
North Melbourne Football Club 2018 Financial Report

Objectives and Strategies of the Company

The Company’s short-term objectives (2019) are:
• To meet targets set that will allow the Company to continue to invest in the football department, in particular player payments, which will give us the best opportunity to achieve on-field success.
• To investigate innovative ways to grow football revenue above 2018 levels, in particular membership, whilst also increasing sponsorship, sales, events and fundraising revenue.
• To grow non-football revenue.
• To successfully integrate AFLW into the operations of the Company.
• To establish a strong new market of supporters by further developing relationships in Hobart and developing regions in Victoria.
• To continue to reduce the Company’s debt with ongoing supporter and member driven campaigns involving member contributions, unique events and products.

The Company’s long-term objectives (2020 – 2022) are:
• To deliver sustained on-field success.

To achieve these objectives, the Company has adopted the following strategies:
• To actively engage with members, supporters and communities.
• To explore strategies for new markets in Hobart and Wyndham whilst continuing to maintain its existing strong Melbourne based supporter areas.
• To develop a best practice football department.
• To ensure strong and effective financial management along with sound risk management and integrity practices.
• To ensure strong alignment with the AFL and other key stakeholders.

Chaser:

Operating Results
The net profit of the Company was $1,535,580 (2017: $242,656) after non-operating items for the year ended 31 October 2018.

The club continued its investment in football operations with football expenditure increasing by $784,000 on 2017.

The investment is critical for ensuring the club has the best possible opportunity for sustained on-field success as on-field performance has a direct impact on multiple commercial areas.

Brad would bail. I have no doubt about it. He knows the spotlight has fallen squarely on him and the large hurdle required for him to resurrect his position. IMO, he's always been very politically cognisant, so he knows the lay of the land here. I suspect his manager will be "enquiring" around the traps right now.

FWIW, I don't doubt that he has really believed that he could take the club forward, but so did Dean, and he also fell short. Ultimately the single mindedness of these men has been related to their downfall. The members have had enough, and nothing short of a miracle will change anything.

Yeah, but he didn't mate. Read between the lines.
I wanted him to say the football department needs a crtical review. He didn't and gave impression that on feild effort will fix everything.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree

I get your point about not just sacking coaches willy-nilly (ala Richmond 90s onwards) but what we have served up so far (with the talent available and the duration of time the Coach has had) is IMO unacceptable and something needs to change.

Brad doesn’t do uncomplicated.

We have a sport scientist, not a coach.

Everyone can see it. The players aren’t buying it, the supporters aren’t buying it, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Assistant Coaches aren’t buying it either.

Unfortunately the man in charge has some utopian view on how he wants the game to be played, regardless of what is at his disposal.

The whole club is a shambles at the moment. It’s now turning into a circus.

As much as we would like Scott sacked, realistically it’s never going to happen at Round 5, but if we keep trending this way then there should be enough evidence to do it after the bye.

I think we are seeing the results of a coach that has been there too long and the players are no longer buying into what he is selling.

Even when Jack has been ordinary you can see his passion, but at the moment he looks like a bloke that would rather be doing something else on the weekend.

Unfortunately I think we are just going to have to ride it out until after the bye and hope the board does the right thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys let’s chill with the internal arguments. We all want the club to be successful both on and off field. I am with Snake in that I don’t believe the key driver for the club should be anything other than onfield success however I also understand that as a small club anything we can do to broaden the supporter base through social initiatives is a positive.

None of this stuff we are fighting about impacts Mason missing from 20m, Taylor having paper thin hamstrings, JZ being unfit and no one wanting to lay a tackle other than Jed. If Mason is missing shots on goals because he is spending more time with The Huddle then training I agree we have gone to far. The reality is Mason and others are spending more time playing fortnite and hitting up girls on insta than helping with refugees and other social initiatives.

So what did he say?
Nothing and a lot.

I reckon twice Whateley asked him about BS's future in a way that a definitive answer was possible, and both times Buckley ummed and aahed and made motherhood type statements.

He was complimentary of Brad but certainly not unqualified or voracious in his support.

If you're not familiar with Tef's extreme right wing views by now then you probably never will be.
You're a good poster, let me ask you a question:

Do you consider anybody who does not believe in or support 'progressive' politics to be 'extreme right wing'?

I have been a member of the club for 15 years. I want to see the club focus on football and not on 'inclusivity' or 'migrant integration' or any of this stuff.

Does that make me 'extreme right wing'?

I understand that in Australia today, all large organisations are expected to toe the PC line, and North are no different.

The Gay Pride Round, the Indigenous Round, the Immigrant Round (or whatever they call these farces) are annoyances I have to put up with to enjoy top-level football.

There are heaps of other people out there who feel the same way but keep quiet, for fear of being called nazis or 'extreme right wing'.

Is the irony lost on you that in your meme, you have given your position to Lisa, the character used to satirise social justice warriors?

The reason Mason is missing shots from 20 metres is because he is shot confidence-wise - plain and simple. Heaven knows what the answer is. Hopefully, he’ll snag a lucky one early this week and flick the switch. He seems to be putting the effort in right now.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The reason Mason is missing shots from 20 metres is because he is shot confidence-wise - plain and simple. Heaven knows what the answer is. Hopefully, he’ll snag a lucky one early this week and flick the switch. He seems to be putting the effort in right now.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
His effort on Friday was solid. If he can maintain that for an extended period he will be a real asset. We know he can do it, but he needs to do it all the time.

You're a good poster, let me ask you a question:

Do you consider anybody who does not believe in or support 'progressive' politics to be 'extreme right wing'?

I'm obviously being slightly provocative, but Tef fills every thread that even so much as mentions The Huddle or equality/social campaigns with the same repetitive crap, well beyond any reasonable concern that the club might not be fully focused on football issues. Why does it bother him THAT much?

I get your point about not just sacking coaches willy-nilly (ala Richmond 90s onwards) but what we have served up so far (with the talent available and the duration of time the Coach has had) is IMO unacceptable and something needs to change.

I hear what you are saying but I’m not one for removing a head coach after round 5 of a season. We don’t know what’s around the corner. The landscape can change so quickly so I feel it’s important for the season to play out and make considered decisions and not decisions based on emotion.

Of course if we get consistently belted over the course of the year and it comes to fruition that the players have lost confidence in Brad then that’s a different story but I don’t think we’re there yet. And I do believe that if it got to that point I could actually see Brad stepping away.

I understand you are looking at Brad’s full tenure and not just this year but perhaps that’s where we differ a little, I don’t believe he’s been a complete dud and I rate the fact he’s got us to PF’s. I know it’s not the holy grail but they’re still friggin hard to make imo.

One thing I don’t rate highly is our assistant and developmental coaches. We need much better assistants! The only one I would keep is Shaw.

I'm obviously being slightly provocative, but Tef fills every thread that even so much as mentions The Huddle or equality/social campaigns with the same repetitive crap, well beyond any reasonable concern that the club might not be fully focused on football issues. Why does it bother him THAT much?
I have my own opinions on this ('this' being the drive which some people have to focus on their own angle with regards to the progressive/conservative dialectic) but I don't want to take this thread any further off-topic than it already is.

Thanks for your response.

The Gay Pride Round, the Indigenous Round, the Immigrant Round (or whatever they call these farces) are annoyances I have to put up with to enjoy top-level football.

Bet you don't have an issue with the Anzac day game though, right?

The fact Buckley openly acknowledges that 2 prelims in 10 years, where we limped into both played interstate, is a measure of on field success that qualifies a 10 year tenure as a coach is an absolute disgrace.

BS has had two rebuilds now. And we are further off it than ever. Also getting sick of the notion we aren't showing enough 'shinboner spirit,' it's 2019. I want to hear about skills, professionalism, and execution from admin down - Not some cute throwaway about the club history and giving our all. What rubbish.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back