No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herald Sun are reporting that Crossley from the Suns has apparently been away from the club since June after testing positive to Cocaine before an NEAFL match. Considered a performance-enhancing drug, so could be banned for up to 4 years. Shiiiiittttt
this from news.com.au.The headline being" AFL Star's positive test bombshell "
Crossley, a local product of the Gold Coast’s junior academy, played 10 senior games for the Suns in 2018, but was stuck playing in the club’s NEAFL side in 2019, unable to force his way into the club’s best 22.
Hardly a star ffs, annoys me how they refer to every player being a star.

Crossley, a local product of the Gold Coast’s junior academy, played 10 senior games for the Suns in 2018, but was stuck playing in the club’s NEAFL side in 2019, unable to force his way into the club’s best 22.
Honestly, not even as annoying as referring to literally every premiership player as "premiership hero". I remember seeing The West refer to Daniel Venables as a "premiership hero". He contributed less than any other premiership player I've seen in years, but because he was selected as part of the 22, he's a "premiership hero"

It is not exclusive to footy. Anyone in a movie is a movie star and the list goes on. It's a media in general thing.

Nothing negative about Marcus Adam's comments here..

"I feel a similar sort of feel around the place," Adams said.

"It was really enjoyable coming into work every day and it's the same here, I love coming in every day.

"The day off is probably the most boring, least-joyous day of the week. I think most of the guys are in the same boat, which makes for a pretty good environment, a great environment to work and to get better as a group.

"In that regard it's pretty similar.

"If you work and do the right things day in and day out, then the results come."

Toby Greene sued by security officer after Caulfield restaurant brawl

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/l...l/news-story/905096073ba696bc7902ebb84a1844bd

Greater Western Sydney player Toby Greene is being sued over a drunken pub brawl, which left a security guard depressed and too injured to work almost five years on.
Security officer Terrence Payne, now 50, has launched legal action over the assault during which Greene, 25, and a mate dragged him down the stairs and repeatedly kicked and punched him at a Caulfield restaurant in 2014.
Mr Payne had attempted cut them off at the Zagame’s bar in March 2014 when the All-Australian launched a violent assault which included “headlock manoeuvre using legs”.
Court documents filed in the County Court last month state Mr Payne was “repeatedly punched and kicked, struck with a crutch and pushed to the ground” by the men.
The Giants midfielder pleaded guilty to assault in the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court and was fined $2500 without conviction.
Interesting development.

Nothing negative about Marcus Adam's comments here..

"I feel a similar sort of feel around the place," Adams said.

"It was really enjoyable coming into work every day and it's the same here, I love coming in every day.

"The day off is probably the most boring, least-joyous day of the week. I think most of the guys are in the same boat, which makes for a pretty good environment, a great environment to work and to get better as a group.

"In that regard it's pretty similar.

"If you work and do the right things day in and day out, then the results come."

Given his "enjoyment" when with the Dogs, why was he so keen to leave?

Especially when a key defensive role was his for the taking (when fit).

Hope that security guard has some big mates, no one more deserving of a good beating than that grub. I don’t give a **** how good he is at football, if he ever joined our club, I’d happily abuse him every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the game tonight. This is actually f’ed.
I'm so jealous. I thought about going but had to settle for being rugged up in a toasty room in front of the TV with a glass of red and looking out the window at the wild weather.

Enjoy.

I'm so jealous. I thought about going but had to settle for being rugged up in a toasty room in front of the TV with a glass of red and looking out the window at the wild weather.

Enjoy.
Wuss! :p

Nick Haynes is one of my favourite players, despite the fact that he wears orange. Shame that he's injured but I hope they take no chances with him and give him next week off.

Also fingers crossed that Jeremy Cameron's right hammy tweak is "1 week".

Does that make me a bad person?

Gunston last minute injury in warm up - saving himself for round 1...

Smith showing he likes kicking goals in cold climes like Canberra - and Ballarat.

How about our first for Gunston, Smith and Big Boy?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back