Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cruising is awesome. If all you can find to do is gamble and drink then you're on the wrong ship.
We were due to give it a go this year but changed our minds (mainly due to costs). Pretty sure that decision won't be revisited.

250 passengers on the Cruise ship have upper respiratory health concerns , Premier saying they will try and help the seriously ill but not let passengers off the ship . Premier asking for Commonwealth assistance .

This ain't helping much ... concerning for passengers and authorities handling this .

250 passengers on the Cruise ship have upper respiratory health concerns , Premier saying they will try and help the seriously ill but not let passengers off the ship . Premier asking for Commonwealth assistance .

This ain't helping much ... concerning for passengers and authorities handling this .
Except the Cruiseline says evreyone is fine

images-2-jpeg.719624

No, not now. But when some semblance of normal returns, I'd recommend it.

In all honesty, what is the appeal? I can get it if you're elderly - having programs planned out for you, lots of opportunity to chill, seeing new destinations without you having to lift a finger - but for me it's being stuck like a sardine for days at a time with people I might not always like with not much freedom even on shore excursions. Not to mention the enormous environmental impact that ships have...

In all honesty, what is the appeal? I can get it if you're elderly - having programs planned out for you, lots of opportunity to chill, seeing new destinations without you having to lift a finger - but for me it's being stuck like a sardine for days at a time with people I might not always like with not much freedom even on shore excursions. Not to mention the enormous environmental impact that ships have...
I enjoy active holidays. So for me the appeal has been all the activities involved. I've done 3 cruises and so far they have included -
a rockclimbing wall
a surf simulator
mini golf
ice-skating rink
basketball court
dodgem cars
skydive simulator.

Throw in live entertainment every night, such as musical acts, comedians, stage productions. Plus all you can eat food around the clock. And then on top of that you're visiting a tropical island every other day. And for says at sea you can lounge by the pool if you're feeling lazy...

It's not for everyone I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I enjoy active holidays. So for me the appeal has been all the activities involved. I've done 3 cruises and so far they have included -
a rockclimbing wall
a surf simulator
mini golf
ice-skating rink
basketball court
dodgem cars
skydive simulator.

Throw in live entertainment every night, such as musical acts, comedians, stage productions. Plus all you can eat food around the clock. And then on top of that you're visiting a tropical island every other day. And for says at sea you can lounge by the pool if you're feeling lazy...

It's not for everyone I guess.
That actually sounds *en awesome

Being Vic based I can't help but notice the statistical anomaly around the number recovered.

10x more than other states, when coupled with the significantly lower per capita test rate I'm not sure whether to be alarmed or happy.

Vic didn't get it any earlier, is it just a demographic thing (maybe more younger people infected early on in Vic, where NSW had a lot of infections early in aged care) or something else.

Either that or plenty of cases are being missed over here.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back