No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing that people JUST DON’T GET IT. What will it take?
Usually takes something to hit home to them the seriousness of the situation.

On my wife's side I have contact with a bunch of extended family in northern Italy and have plenty of grim news, but there are others with a different perspective who may not know anybody who is directly impacted (yet).

And after seeing the pics on Bondi Beach and Miami Beach in Florida I am glad that I am not a Millennial or a member of the other recent spoiled brats from Generations Useless.

I saw somewhere that a person has said that the Greatest Generation sacrificed through a Depression and volunteered to go to war and the latest generations can't even sit in their homes and play video games for their country. How true. I'm proud to be a Boomer and the son of parents of the Greatest Generation. We certainly could use them as an example in today's world.

Unfortunately, it takes strict law enforcement. Its not here yet but we'll get there. I think the neccessity is quickly dawning on many who were skeptical of the measures initially put in place overseas which are now starting here. Every day more and more start to realise this, whilst those who don't agree will (hopefully) learn the hard way.

This absolutely is the most significant event since WWII and we must act accordingly, as shitty as that is for everyone.

Stay the * inside

And after seeing the pics on Bondi Beach and Miami Beach in Florida I am glad that I am not a Millennial or a member of the other recent spoiled brats from Generations Useless.

I saw somewhere that a person has said that the Greatest Generation sacrificed through a Depression and volunteered to go to war and the latest generations can't even sit in their homes and play video games for their country. How true. I'm proud to be a Boomer and the son of parents of the Greatest Generation. We certainly could use them as an example in today's world.
Don't buy into the crap you read on social media and in tabloids.

The Boomer generation is the most entitled, softest generation there is. It's objectively proven that the Boomer generation had it easier than any before or after them. Ironically, while labelling millennials as soft and entitled, University studies have actually proven Boomers to be the most fragile and easy to offend.

Just go to the shops and look around. Does it look like millenials acting like animals, or is it middle aged people in spades?

Best to just ignore the horseshit you read on social media tbh, doesn't give at all an accurate view of reality

In times of crisis, cracks always widen between social groups. Racism and even ageism seem to be on the rise. Try to remember we are all in this together and not resort to the politics of scapegoating.

I'm amazed at the vitriol GsU's (Generations Useless) have for baby boomers that the pandemic has brought to light.

I copped a barrage from a GU on a facebook page that is very specific advocacy group for a common cause: i.e. we're all meant to be on the one side.

The group posted a reminder about looking after the elderly by not panic buying etc. Reply from GUer? "To be fair the elderly panic bought all the houses and left none for the younger peeps..." :oops: and then "the 'me' generation refers to boomers, not Gen X Y or Z".

Thank goodness I'm a Gen Xer (except that makes me useless Chicago - well spotted, lol!!).

I realise that this is only one rebellious young adult (with grandparent issues?), but I have seen similar sentiment elsewhere.

I guess we reap Veruca Salt's when we sow entitlement - where the biggest problem they've faced pre 2020 is whether to get their nails done, eyebrows tatooed or lips enhanced (and that's just the blokes, lol!!) :tearsofjoy:

The Boomer generation is the most entitled, softest generation there is. It's objectively proven that the Boomer generation had it easier than any before or after them. Ironically, while labelling millennials as soft and entitled, University studies have actually proven Boomers to be the most fragile and easy to offend.

Just go to the shops and look around. Does it look like millenials acting like animals, or is it middle aged people in spades?

Best to just ignore the horseshit you read on social media tbh, doesn't give at all an accurate view of reality
What do you think the Boomer generation is? Wikipedia says it is the generation born after WW2 between 1946 and 1964.
Do you think anyone born in that period is currently "middle-aged"? Because they would be aged between 56 and 74 which in my view is NOT middle-aged.
Your post comes across as highly confused.

Generalising only flaunts your own idiocy.

I know Boomers that have ignored social distancing rules as well as Millennials. If anyone thinks it was only Millenials at Bondi the other day, well, it probably only indicates your own biases. There have been plenty of reports of older people not really believing the impacts of COVID and continuing social traditions of shaking hands, etc. By the same token I know a small subset of Millennials where hedonism wins out and believe the right to party or whatever trumps all. For me personally it has been the older people I know that have been slower to get on board with impacts of corona.... advice to parents and grandparents to stay home was ignored for a while.

What do you think the Boomer generation is? Wikipedia says it is the generation born after WW2 between 1946 and 1964.
Do you think anyone born in that period is currently "middle-aged"? Because they would be aged between 56 and 74 which in my view is NOT middle-aged.
think his point was that it wasn't millennials, not necessarily that it was boomers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are more reports emerging of loss of sense of smell (and taste) as being a frequent symptom in otherwise asymptomatic people with Covid-19.

It's still not established medical fact but there are certainly strong indications it could be so.

If you or someone you know reports sudden loss of sense of smell it would be sensible to get them to self-isolate immediately as a safety precaution, and of course monitor their health.

If it turns out not to be Covid19, all good. Get them to change the nappies.

From the ABC news website today:
Medical experts citing reports from several countries say a loss of smell or taste might be an early sign of a COVID-19 infection.

There is "good evidence" from South Korea, China and Italy for loss or impairment of smell in infected people, says a joint statement from the presidents of the British Rhinological Society and of ENT UK, a British group that represents ear, nose and throat doctors.

They wrote that in South Korea, some 30 per cent of people who tested positive for the virus have cited loss of smell as their major complaint in otherwise mild cases.

A similar proposal was published on Sunday local time by the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. It noted, "rapidly accumulating" anecdotal evidence from around the world that the pandemic virus can cause not only loss of smell but also a diminished sense of taste.

Maria Van Kerkhove, an outbreak expert at the World Health Organisation, said on Monday that the UN health agency was looking into the question of whether the loss of smell or taste were defining features of the disease.

I think of middle aged as anyone 40-65 years old

I think of middle aged as anyone 40-65 years old
OK but 65 is old and not sure you'd get many who would agree on your upper bound.

Also that age bracket doesn't equate to the Boomer generation.

If you want to describe 40 to 65 year olds, suggest you just call them that.

Most people who make rash generalisations are either boomers or millenials, or have recently been in contact with one or both. And anyone who doesn't believe me has no idea, and probably accepts mediocrity. Anyway, I'm going back to my tasteless curry and tinned Surströmming - which incidentally seems to be odour-less, so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.

OK but 65 is old and not sure you'd get many who would agree on your upper bound.

Also that age bracket doesn't equate to the Boomer generation.

If you want to describe 40 to 65 year olds, suggest you just call them that.
It was more in response to the other poster making generalizations about Millennials. Personally, I think summarizing an entire generation by the actions of a few is petty, but I wanted to point out the hypocrisy in complaining about Millennial stereotypes.

Literally saw an article posted by Nine the other day about some kids spitting on some retail workers, and it said something along the lines of "disgusting actions by group of Millenials". They do that because people buy into the horseshit that "Millenials" are disrespectful, and this is proven to generate clicks. Never mind the fact that the youngest Millenials are now 24 years old, and the kids shown in the video can't have been older than 15

Sam Sturt got the only Rising Star for a while. I thought it'd probably be Kozzie Pickett, but Sturt kicked three goals on debut, that's a bloody great start.

Not all but a fair bit of what comes out of university has a bias towards getting more students and more money. Which is a shame because who else can you trust. I work at one and see it all the time. And I'm not a boomer. Additionally you can find research to support just about any arguement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back