Autopsy Round 5, 2020: Carlton v St.Kilda *BUTLER & HOWARD 50TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

A game we should win so not going to put mayo on that.

Again no out and out star. Pretty consistent effort across the team, Marshall was the most influential player so for me was BOG. Steele second in line and then I'm going to say Long who just did nothing wrong (I think his running back with the flight mark was better than his speccy).

King is doing more and more each game. This was his best. <Marsh did not do quantity but I thought the quality of his forward work was very high. Geary......who knew?

Blues are about to start their 8th rebuild in 20 years. Cripps won’t stick around he’s gone. Poor Walsh will be made their young captain & it’ll continue to ruin him. What an incredibly meek & ugly football club.

Rekon we go to Cripps with 1.5 a year for 10 years.

He can decoy for Clark during the 3peat.

How good were the scenes in the changerooms?

udugPWyg.jpg

Social distancing be damned.

Good win - but we should have been won by a lot more! I dont like seeing teams easing off and gliding to the finish. We missed Jones breaking out of packs tonight, hopefully he is back next week.

Steele, Billings, Marshall, Wilkie, Coffield & Ross brlilliant.
Forward line worked well, but Jones (Carlton) did well on Membrey.
Kent a bit fumbly at times but kicked an important goal from 50.
Defence stood up - Carlisle is so laconic he looks like he doesnt give a s**t half the time.
Gresham has been down for a couple of weeks, perhaps his knee is still troubling him.
Hill had a quiet game, perhaps Newnes sitting on him worked.
Geary played the best 6 possession game ever.
I had raved about Battles goal kicking accuracy in the past, but tonight he had a shocker in front of goal. Seemed to be holding the ball too low?
Another hamstring injury is not ideal - we will miss Hannerbrey.

We are definitely a great team to watch when up and about.

Last edited:
Long or Coffield man of the match for sure.

Love beating the Blues, especially after I spent the week reading some spew they were posting on their board.

Wish me luck, I’m heading over there for some fun

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Didn’t take long to be suspended though. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win.

Always going to be tough in the 2nd half. We like to hang s**t on Carlton but one thing this version of their team has is they play with heart ❤: they were ALWAYS going to come back against ANY team, not just us.

The facts are, we put the game out of their reach in the first half when the game was there to be won.

Such an impressive and mature performance from us, especially after a 5 day break.

Bring on next week!

Last edited:
Gutted for hannebery, he was dominating early...

Absolute madman running after that Carlisle kick, my heart was in my throat until I realised it was Simpson coming the other way
Not torn according to Ratts. Like Jones's. Could be up for next week he reckons

Possibly Coffield's best game, Steele was great again. Gresh was invisible the first half but dug in and was beast in the second half.

Battle's kicking was a shame but boy he must've been gut running, He seemed to be everywhere the ball was, Forward, Back, Ruck, it was like two players at times.

Losing Hanners was rough, and the adjustment was clearly what gave danger signs in the third, we had to adjust being a man down, it did get tense, but we held on. Last Qtr was better, but boy we looked buggered after the Siren.

Ratts talking about Long, swinging him back to half back and pushing Geary to half forward was a masterstroke.

I almost forgot what it was like to have a coach that could make match winning moves when we had boring old Richo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back