Preview Geelong vs Hawthorn, Easter Monday 5th April, 3:20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to see Jarvis come in not Krueger, Dal needs to be dropped
We have lots we can try,but most seem to be about the same caliber,Ben had a shot late last year and I think it's fair to say he struggled,I think Scott will stick with the old hands until the 2's get going in earnest and then see who puts their hand up.

We have lots we can try,but most seem to be about the same caliber,Ben had a shot late last year and I think it's fair to say he struggled,I think Scott will stick with the old hands until the 2's get going in earnest and then see who puts their hand up.

I imagine you're probably right. For me, I'd prefer to see an early rocket go out to those who really aren't making enough of a contribution. Sets a marker about non-negotiables and leaves them plenty of time to work their way back in if they're good enough.

I understand that two weeks is probably too small a sample size for them to pull the trigger. But I'm looking at players like Dahl and Miers and hoping they're well and truly aware that what they've dished up so far isn't going to be enough to hold their places in the team.

Frank is already into the team as another option up there. And I think Close (and definitely Holmes) could really put some meaningful pressure on as well. Luke and Gryan have also got to factor in that one of them is very likely to go out for SOS when he's ready, too.

Don't think we'll see a 'statement' by one of them being omitted just yet. But the hope would be that they either perform very soon or get overtaken by capable and hungry performers at the lower level pushing them out.

Despite the obvious threat of injury derailing it all, it looks to me like there will be less 'gifted games' at the Cattery this year. And that's good for every single player on the list, as well as for the future of our group in the coming years.

I notice AFL In the MIX are suggesting Henry should make way for Duncan or Menegola (should they be fit). Henry deserves his place in the team surely.

Certainly Dalhouse should go; when the young payers put in a couple of poor games they quickly get shafted - older player should not be afforded endless opportunities. Dal was a good player once but is not influencing games at the moment.

I notice some are rooting for Jenkins as Rohan's replacement and there is an argument for this, but we must see Krueger sooner or later surely. From what I've seen he's mobile, agile and an excellent kick, so he should be able to play forward or back. We also need to see Jarvis at some stage before we decide he's not up to it. Remember all the blokes we seem so reluctant to drop ( Dal, Rohan, Kolo, Bews etc.) have played in many a losing final; I don't think they're going to start starring in September at this point.
We are far thinner for KPDs than we are for forwards. Kreuger will be coming in as a defender or not at all I think.

We are far thinner for KPDs than we are for forwards. Kreuger will be coming in as a defender or not at all I think.

Even as a massive fan of his, I'm also relatively resigned to the fact that Nathan's shot is realistically only going to come down back at this point. Notwithstanding the current injury crisis with alternative KPF's, I think they're projecting our future stocks at both ends and seeing an opportunity for the #15 in the backline before anywhere else.

Give it time and I can see him working his way into some senior games as a 'Misfit' later this year. And his attack on the footy and ability to clear the lines with his handy foot skills could be a real asset back there.

Just really want him to get a decent run at it without injuries this year and we'll see what he offers from there.

They do not have cola any more do they? So we would have taken him rather than Neale... so it will be interesting as time gos on.

The point is they have added three kids, and it seems to have reinvigorated their look

Sydney have probably been given over the years more access to top priority kids than most clubs besides GWS and Gold Coast. Which is no shock given the AFL want this. Mills/heeney both potentially no 1 picks in their drafts. Blakey top 3-5 pick in open draft, and braeden Campbell was Bid on very early by hawks.

they have a huge pool of very early picks and it’s no shock to see them slowly rise.

Close might get his chance again. Hopefully Menegola, Duncan and it's a long shot but we might get Cameron.

I imagine you're probably right. For me, I'd prefer to see an early rocket go out to those who really aren't making enough of a contribution. Sets a marker about non-negotiables and leaves them plenty of time to work their way back in if they're good enough.

I understand that two weeks is probably too small a sample size for them to pull the trigger. But I'm looking at players like Dahl and Miers and hoping they're well and truly aware that what they've dished up so far isn't going to be enough to hold their places in the team.

Frank is already into the team as another option up there. And I think Close (and definitely Holmes) could really put some meaningful pressure on as well. Luke and Gryan have also got to factor in that one of them is very likely to go out for SOS when he's ready, too.

Don't think we'll see a 'statement' by one of them being omitted just yet. But the hope would be that they either perform very soon or get overtaken by capable and hungry performers at the lower level pushing them out.

Despite the obvious threat of injury derailing it all, it looks to me like there will be less 'gifted games' at the Cattery this year. And that's good for every single player on the list, as well as for the future of our group in the coming years.
I thought Scott showed his hand rd1 going back to Zuthrie that was an opportunity missed to try someone else.

I thought Scott showed his hand rd1 going back to Zuthrie that was an opportunity missed to try someone else.

Fair enough. But he was hooked for Round 2, as was Jenkins. And we had a debutant included as one of the replacements.

So I'm not without some optimism that it won't be a little easier to play yourself out of the side this year. Of course, the real test will come when it's one of the 'established group' being omitted, rather than fringe-dwellers moving in and out while a great many untouchables continue to dodge the axe.

Although even Jacko missing Round 1 was somewhat instructive, I think. Places could truly be at a premium this year if our injury list stays somewhat under control.

Holmes should be a lock to take Menagolas spot. Hopefully J Cameron will come in for Rohan. If Cameron is not ready we should “ blood” a kid either Krueger or Neale.
Time out.
How'd this slip through to the keeper?

1. Menegola isn't in the team.
2. Even if he was what has he done to deserve to be dropped? Stiff not to be AA last season. Round 3 and somehow should be replaced by a first year player. Odd.
3. I keep asking as year of the cat dodges the question like a seasoned politician, what has Kreuger done to deserve selection? Especially up forward.

Time out.

2. Even if he was what has he done to deserve to be dropped? Stiff not to be AA last season. Round 3 and somehow should be replaced by a first year player. Odd.
3. I keep asking as year of the cat dodges the question like a seasoned politician, what has Kreuger done to deserve selection? Especially up forward.
Having none of it!

Time out.

doubt menegola will be fit, has shoulder injury. on vfl performances Krueger appears the best like for like with Rohan, he can take a good mark, can crash a pack and can tackle.

Fair enough. But he was hooked for Round 2, as was Jenkins. And we had a debutant included as one of the replacements.

So I'm not without some optimism that it won't be a little easier to play yourself out of the side this year. Of course, the real test will come when it's one of the 'established group' being omitted, rather than fringe-dwellers moving in and out while a great many untouchables continue to dodge the axe.

Although even Jacko missing Round 1 was somewhat instructive, I think. Places could truly be at a premium this year if our injury list stays somewhat under control.
I did hear Scott say last Friday that Henry wasn't available for selection rd1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean he struggled against the best team and also the best defense in the league?
He was called into the game 10 minutes before the game
Took an extremely good mark, just couldn’t convert.
He needs a chance

Time out.

4. You’ve obviously been blocked lol

doubt menegola will be fit, has shoulder injury. on vfl performances Krueger appears the best like for like with Rohan, he can take a good mark, can crash a pack and can tackle.
He’s playing in defence. How is that like for like?

We have been torn to shreds by kpfs so far this year. Kpd is our thinnest list point. We are one injury to either Hendo or Blicavs away from being torn an absolute new one by any decent side with two KPFs. Kolo can't play tall, Hendo can't run, Blitz needs to ruck. There's zero chance they play Kreuger anywhere other than defence.

We have been torn to shreds by kpfs so far this year. Kpd is our thinnest list point. We are one injury to either Hendo or Blicavs away from being torn an absolute new one by any decent side with two KPFs. Kolo can't play tall, Hendo can't run, Blitz needs to ruck. There's zero chance they play Kreuger anywhere other than defence.
False, he would play VFL 😎

I’ll let myself out

Stanley destroyed Ceglar in the ruck last year. Why on earth would you move him?

Stanley destroyed Ceglar in the ruck last year. Why on earth would you move him?
I wouldn't. When I say Blitz needs to ruck I mean maybe for 30% game time. If Stanley chases the contest too much his body falls apart so he can't go solo. 30% of a game is a long time to go with effectively only one kpd who can play tall in a 1-1.

Edit: also my point isn't specific to this game more that we need kpd options to come in more than kpf in games going forward

Close might get his chance again. Hopefully Menegola, Duncan and it's a long shot but we might get Cameron.
I think they should keep Cameron for round five
Too important to risk him
I reckon the most likely result is Constable and Rohan out for menegola and Duncan
I would prefer Dahlhaus, Kolo and Rohan for Duncan, Menegola and Fort/Jenkins
With either Fort or Jenkins rotating forward with Stanley
Let Tuohy play back as an attacking defender O'Connor to man Mitchell

Henry Henderson Bews
Tuohy Blicavs Stewart
Smith Constable Menegola
Duncan Hawkins Higgins
Miers Fort/Jenkins Parfitt
Stanley Selwood Guthrie
Clark Evans O'Connor Atkins
Eme Narkle Fort/Jenkins Holmes Zuthrie

Bring all of Rohan Danger and Cameron in round 5

I think they should keep Cameron for round five
Too important to risk him
I reckon the most likely result is Constable and Rohan out for menegola and Duncan
I would prefer Dahlhaus, Kolo and Rohan for Duncan, Menegola and Fort/Jenkins
With either Fort or Jenkins rotating forward with Stanley
Let Tuohy play back as an attacking defender O'Connor to man Mitchell

Henry Henderson Bews
Tuohy Blicavs Stewart
Smith Constable Menegola
Duncan Hawkins Higgins
Miers Fort/Jenkins Parfitt
Stanley Selwood Guthrie
Clark Evans O'Connor Atkins
Eme Narkle Fort/Jenkins Holmes Zuthrie

Bring all of Rohan Danger and Cameron in round 5
I’m all for romance and doing that In round 5 against Norf would just be beautiful

In answer to your question Art Vandelay_ I think Krueger should be given a shot because -

1. With all of Cameron, Rohan and Esava out there is an opening

2. The other possible options such as Jenkins and Jarvis aren’t exactly Royce Hart reincarnated.

3. He’s physically mature.

4. He’s been on our list for a few years and should be given an opportunity I think to at least see if he can bring his game to that level

5. We aren’t playing a top 8 team so blooding a kid now is a great opportunity particularly on the MCG.

6. He strikes me as the type that will give it a red hot crack.

7. Yes, he’s been played back recently but he was brought in as a forward. His experience down back may actually help his forward pressure.

8. Why not?

they have a huge pool of very early picks and it’s no shock to see them slowly rise.

No, they are slowly rising because they decided to rebuild and pump game into their kids.
Players who are beginning to turn it on have now played 2 or more seasons together. They only have five players on their list who are 30 years and over.
Two of those will likely never be replaced (Franklin and Kennedy) but Rampe, Sinclair Hickey most certainly will.

No shock to see them slowly rise.

Are you sure he does that?
Kreuger looks more like a lead up player with a bit of finesse in his game.
Doesn't look like a bang and crash type. Still very lightly framed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back