Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

Question. Do we give Callow an opportunity next year as a forward with Hale coaching the forward line or send him back to develop as a KPD ? I think a year forward with a full preseason if it doesn’t work out try him back at BH in the second half of the season? Thoughts?
Good idea. He has played as a key forward since he was a kid apart from about a third of a season in the backline last year in Tassie. Let him have a good preseason and give him a chance to show what he's got.

What kind of later picks back or salary concessions would you want along with Paddy Dow or Josh Battle for pick 5?

Now hold that feeling and keep it in mind when thinking about packaging up Hawthorn role players and later picks for other clubs' first round picks.

What kind of later picks back or salary concessions would you want along with Paddy Dow or Josh Battle for pick 5?

Now hold that feeling and keep it in mind when thinking about packaging up Hawthorn role players and later picks for other clubs' first round picks.
Thanks for the advice

If your comparing pick 5, to pick 17 of a club with a top 3 father son prospect

I dont know what else to say, they are different scenarios

Pick 17 isn't pick 5 and Ceglar is significantly better than Dow and Battle, if theyre serious about chasing a flag then overpaying for their weakest part isn't out of the question.

Perspective and context is key.

Just trade the points value along with Cegs and get that pick in return. Easy win win. But it will end up being how many deals they have going. I'm sure everyone is going for that pick.

Thanks for the advice

If your comparing pick 5, to pick 17 of a club with a top 3 father son prospect

I dont know what else to say, they are different scenarios

I also included players with more than 2-3 years of footy left.

If 17 comes back for Ceglar then the trade probably looks like 21/24 and Ceglar for 17 and a future third. Maybe work in some more draft points concessions for the dogs.

It wouldn't be late picks going back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t get my head around why Port would be interested in another key position player when their stacked both up forward and back.

Maybe someone like Charlie is on the move.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There have been forum rumours for a while now that Dixon could go to QLD. Clurey might move as well which would leave them thin for talls at both ends.

Tim can come in for cheap and play 10-15 games to plug holes. I think it would be sensible for them. Port board hates it.

I also included players with more than 2-3 years of footy left.

If 17 comes back for Ceglar then the trade probably looks like 21/24 and Ceglar for 17 and a future third. Maybe work in some more draft points concessions for the dogs.

It wouldn't be late picks going back.
Tbh that's already a really good deal for the dogs. I won't be offering anything more...
Just for an example, I don't think this is something that would happen.
21 + 24 + future 3rd (42) = 2058 points
17 + future 1st (17) = 2050 points

Im sure there is enough demand for that pick to get more than Breakeven + Cegs but we will need to wait and see.

‘I’d trade cegs for someone we need from the dogs
Yeah that's a better outcome than overpaying for that late 1st. McLean is ooc in 2022 along with a few other bigger names. The reoccurring ACL is a concern though.

I can’t get my head around why Port would be interested in another key position player when their stacked both up forward and back.

Would be to play back. They're not that deep for Key Position Defenders really.

They want Aliir rolling off as that third defender. Trent McKenzie has been playing full-back and Jonas is 31 in January.

For all his frustrations, Timmy remains and AFL listed player imo. But not really at a side like ours rebuilding. If he goes, I wouldn't be shocked at all if he has a pretty decent year at Port just playing a role.

Dixon was in Burleigh on Thursday catching up with Nathan Bock.

If Howe is to go to Sydney and we are to get a decent return - this might be ridiculous but would Howe and pick 24 for Sydney's pick 12 and say a future 3rd get the job done?

“I think he's the kind of player that you can play him"
Wtf does that even mean.
High praise. You could also say he's type of player that really knows how to get onto the ground. For many years he's been able to be on a list and have a number on his back. He really is a player of this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back